who's planning on rolling naked with their 5??

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Naked so far... I was considering getting that zagg full body also but I don't know how well I would do with putting it on lol so it will probably stay bare for awhile. Had I stuck with the white I would have put a case on it no question but I just love the murdered out black one too much to not let it show

Bestbuy will install them I'm debating also I have a thin belkin case on now its decent but do like the feel when it's naked vs a case

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm naked now iPhone 5 64GIG.
I had an iPhone 4S 64GIG I did everything in my power to protect the phone best cases I spent a couple hundred on different cases. Then I thought to myself why? I protect it spend all this money then I sell the phone and someone else will enjoy it like I was suppose to. Not anymore I feel good with the SquareTrade warranty 3years $124 everything is covered including accidental so when i upgrade to an iPhone 6 and give this one away to my nieces it will protected. Enjoy the phone and get it insured :)

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm naked now iPhone 5 64GIG.
I had an iPhone 4S 64GIG I did everything in my power to protect the phone best cases I spent a couple hundred on different cases. Then I thought to myself why? I protect it spend all this money then I sell the phone and someone else will enjoy it like I was suppose to. Not anymore I feel good with the SquareTrade warranty 3years $124 everything is covered including accidental so when i upgrade to an iPhone 6 and give this one away to my nieces it will protected. Enjoy the phone and get it insured :)

Yes, I went with insurance too. I figure if I really scratch it up I can always pay the $49 and get a pretty one lol

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I love the look of my white iPhone 5 without a case, but also don't want to get it damaged. I have an incipio Dual Pro case now that I use when I am out, but usually have it off when I am here at home or at work. Thinking about getting an Otterbox or waiting for Lifeproof to come out with their case for it.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Have had a case since Day 1, but just took it off when I realized it was almost impossible to take off due to Zagg shields on both front and back, I decided it had to go--I had to wreck it to get it off, anyway. Got a scratch on the phone near the connector for my troubles, too! At least it's not really visible. Love going naked, but I"m nervous...

The thing is: when we have a case on, are we more likely to drop it?! I think so, but I'll soon find out for sure. At lease the Zaggs are there for scratches.

footmatix

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
currently using a slim black hard body case...like a case-mate "barely there" but made by rocketfish...i did add an invisible shield HD screen protector....

in a few days, I hope to get may slim leather Sena black leather pouch (very elegant)....

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : Apple iPhone 5 UltraSlim Classic

will remove the hard case of course....

love the 'natural' bare feel of an iPhone....it's one of the best designed and built devices of all time...

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, my white one got naked last night. I had a thin clear TPU case on it the last 10 days or so and it is already turning yellow. The phone is pretty, why cover it. It was a little difficult for me mentally since my 4 had a fairly bulky case for the last 2 years. I got AppleCare this time though, so when I drop it enough times I can always get it fixed/replaced. I also figured I can't think of any other metal/glass object I own that I have covered. I don't put a plastic case on my watch (which is more expensive than my phone), wedding ring, etc. Sure they are scratched up, but I think I will be replacing my phone long before those 2 items. Might as well enjoy it and when it falls, hopefully it won't be on cement.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
By the way, my iphone 4 had many scratches and nicks all over the glass on both sides only around the edges where the case rubbed. The metal was also scratched. I did take the cases off and wipe it every week or 2, but I do think some cases do more harm than good as far as scratching goes.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I gave in and got a case for my iPhone 5 decided on getting the belkin max grip grey and blue one. So far liking it but I'm so used to my speck candy shell but 40 dollars for that I got the same "shock proof" and "air pockets" on this belkin case for 22 dollars at Verizon with my 25% discount wasn't that bad of a price. Anybody else use belkin max grip? What are your thoughts on the case. I like it but I'm kind of unsure.

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Rolled naked for 2 weeks no problems No drops or scratches perfect but I returned the phone because I'm changing service providers will be getting the iphone 5 on Verizon but still rolling naked :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I was planning on putting a screen protector and a regular thing preferably clear case on my iPhone 5. Then I found myself in the Bestbuy store looking at cases with my wife and the Otterbox Defender was at an irresistable price. The Zagg screen protector was $20 and all the iPhone 5 cases ranged from $20 to $25. So together it would cost me $45, while the Defender was $49. So I though ok I'll get the Commuter with the screen protector. It would have ended up being more money than the Defender. So I just bought the defender and I'm glad I did. It's not as bulky as the iPhone 4 model although it does hide the beauty of the anodized aluminum. I'll wait until the screen protectors come down in price or buy some cheap ones on ebay and then later I'll get another case when I feel like basking in the iPhone 5's beauty.

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I slightly thought about it, but buying cases is like buying clothes, when you have an iPhone. So many choices. My baby needs some gear.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Heck no! I didn't encase my iPhone 3G or the 4S and neither will I encase my iPhone 5. If I drop it and damage it, I'll suck it up and get it replaced and try to be more careful the next time, but that's Just Me, D...:D

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
No, I do not, but I have been thinking about testing one out for the back of the phone, but I haven't decided yet.

look at Wrapsol, seriously. i've had a full body on my 4S since before Xmas and it has yet to peel up

i went thru 3 zaggs due to them eventually peeling up from being put in and out of my pocket constantly

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR