As much as I love the look of the phone naked, I just can't do it. I want my phone to look pristine when I go to sell it. I do love looking at it but I know the moment I go without a case I will do something stupid and break it. I took the otterbox case off of my Galaxy S II once cause I loved the naked feel on that and I dropped it and shattered the screen. Never again.
    SmartFah likes this.
    04-08-2013 11:30 AM
    Depends on how I'm feeling, lately I haven't found a case worth using so My iPhone 5 is mostly naked (unless I have the battery case on).
    manicmarc likes this.
    04-08-2013 07:52 PM
    I was using my 5 naked for 4 months but I just had it replaced due to a faulty power button and now I'm using a slim case. It has minimal protection but I think it will prevent scratches on the chamfered edges.
    04-08-2013 10:00 PM
    I am disabled so my phone doesn't get out much. lol I used to carry it in a wallet type case when I went out, otherwise only with a screen protector. Today I put it in a hard case mate. I like the look.
    04-08-2013 11:41 PM
    currently "rolling naked" with my 5... love the feel and form of the phone, but hate the chips and scratches on the black sides
    04-09-2013 03:43 PM
    My iPhone is living naked but i've managed to get a British flag skin on the back yet soon will be removing the front side and maybe i'll go without screen protector.. Any suggestion? Go without one or with one?
    04-12-2013 12:07 PM
    My iPhone is living naked but i've managed to get a British flag skin on the back yet soon will be removing the front side and maybe i'll go without screen protector.. Any suggestion? Go without one or with one?
    I always use a screen protector. I can probably live with scratches on the phone body but not the screen. Remember, you'll see that scratch every time you use your phone.
    04-15-2013 12:38 PM
    I'm going fully naked, except I am using a full bod zagg that is invisible... I love it!
    04-15-2013 05:21 PM
    I think you people are nuts! This is my first iPhone and I would be super nervous about moving around without a case. Besides, at some point, I will sell it for an upgrade and I want it to be in pristine condition!
    anon(73368) likes this.
    04-15-2013 05:54 PM
    Lol at some of the replies

Sometimes I use a bumper but I also do use e mophie helium case which is alright but adds some weight, nothing big though.
    04-15-2013 07:56 PM
    I've been rolling naked since launch!

Sent from the collector home world.
    04-15-2013 09:46 PM
    Covering that up with some gigantic rubber monstrosity is like putting a car bra on an Aston Martin.
    04-15-2013 11:23 PM
    I've always used a transparent case due to the the 4 and 4s having glass backs. But now my iPhone 5 is naked. I'm glad apple went to the aluminum back.
    04-17-2013 12:40 AM
    I just took my case off to clean my iPhone and it looks so good naked. I have a white iPhone 5 and the edges just shine so brightly. I want to keep the case off but I'm nervous about it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-2013 12:16 AM
    I just took my case off to clean my iPhone and it looks so good naked. I have a white iPhone 5 and the edges just shine so brightly. I want to keep the case off but I'm nervous about it.

I have started using my iPhone 5 naked. It's been 6 months now. If I don't use it naked now. When will I? After selling it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bgl321 likes this.
    04-21-2013 12:20 AM
    I did at first when I got mine. Dropped it and cracked the front screen 48hrs after I got it. Put it in an Otterbox Defender to save the glass from cracking out the rest of the way and still haven't had a chance to get it replaced.

Sad part is that I gave the wife my old 4s which was fine until she cracked it 3 months later. Now both are going to be replaced and I'm going to put a Taktik case on both of em.

Sent from the dark recesses of my mind using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-2013 01:10 AM
    My phone is still pretty new, so I am too paranoid to go 'naked' now Maybe after 6 months or a year I wont care so much
    04-21-2013 02:25 AM
    I have started using my iPhone 5 naked. It's been 6 months now. If I don't use it naked now. When will I? After selling it!!

That is a good point. I definitely have an issue either way. Like you, I figure when will I actually enjoy having such a beautiful phone if I keep it covered? I will end up selling it and someone else will enjoy its beauty. That's not fair. But then again, I don't want to damage my phone, because I will look at it as if it is ruined if I see blemishes on it. I go back and forth over this all the time. I should probably just go naked. I have apple care plus anyway. If it breaks, I can just pay the $50 and get another one.
    04-21-2013 10:53 AM
    That is a good point. I definitely have an issue either way. Like you, I figure when will I actually enjoy having such a beautiful phone if I keep it covered? I will end up selling it and someone else will enjoy its beauty. That's not fair. But then again, I don't want to damage my phone, because I will look at it as if it is ruined if I see blemishes on it. I go back and forth over this all the time. I should probably just go naked. I have apple care plus anyway. If it breaks, I can just pay the $50 and get another one.
    Exactly.. I have the same thought myself. Why do we pay for Apple Care

04-21-2013 11:16 AM
    That's the reason I got Applecare+ is so I could go naked, now if I happen to use up my two replacements somehow then I would definitely start throwing a case on it but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.
    04-21-2013 03:53 PM
    I think I am going to do this. At least for a little while at first. Probably throw a screen protector on but no case.
    04-21-2013 09:54 PM
    Couldn't go naked. Would kill resale value. Besides, just get a case like the Caudabe Veil. Doesn't even look like you have a case on and at least you get scratch and bump protection.
    04-22-2013 09:15 AM
    Couldn't go naked. Would kill resale value. Besides, just get a case like the Caudabe Veil. Doesn't even look like you have a case on and at least you get scratch and bump protection.
    That's true. But it still isn't the same as going naked.

BLiNK likes this.
    04-22-2013 09:21 AM
    I don't know if anyone noticed but the edge of the phone where it meets the screen it has a tiny lip that adds protection
    04-22-2013 07:40 PM
    Naked sounds good.
    04-23-2013 04:39 PM
391 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD