who's planning on rolling naked with their 5??

Pjr772

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Mines been caseless since launch day. Just a Spigen ultra clear on the screen. A few marks along the bezel but oh well it's just a phone

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So glad i quickly changed my mind about using a case as 2 days ago my beautiful new iPhone 5 slipped out of my hand into a gutter and was thankfully safe without a mark.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting an Otterbox Defender, black, to go with my black iPhone 5. I decided to do this since the resale prices on iPhones in pristine shape are so high. I am really really! happy with the case. It does make the phone somewhat thicker but I can use it without concern about scratches on the back, edges, etc. It's really a very handsome looking case, and it fits/locks around the iPhone perfectly.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Not brave enough to go naked with my phone. Too many things can happen (lids, pets, crowded hallways or stores). Otterbox is my case of choice.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Rolling naked since 21 Sep.
Still look as good as new!
No scratches. Probably because I'm extra careful with where I put my phone. like my pocket is ONLY for iPhone and nothing else.
I clean the surface of any place with my hand before putting it on the surface.
and I never slide it across the surface.
I never use my fingernails or come close to it on my phone. Just the finger sliding.
wahaha!

yourdrugrep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i rolled naked with my bb before i got the iphone 5. i got a clear case from kayscase through amazon. it is lightweight and fits like a glove. a bonus-it reflects the flash if you have flash alerts set up.

Pjr772

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
A phone that's worth more than an LTE ipad 3. But sure..just a phone.

What I was getting at is I'm going to use it and not obsess about a few scratches here and there. My car was expensive and I don't have it wrapped in a case. Not knocking those who use cases just not for me on this particular phone.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
for anyone wanting something *almost* naked... check out slim cases like the casemate barely there...

zachslusser

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The next best thing to rolling naked is this....I just bought this today. Lets see how it holds up before my 30 day return policy is up lol....
Rocketfish? Mobile - Soft Shell Case for Apple? iPhone? 5 - Clear - RF-A5T2C

This will be the next one I try....the only problem with this is I know the plastic back would get scratched. That is why I went with the Rocketfish first.

Griffin Technology - Reveal Case for Apple? iPhone? 5 - White/Clear - GB35590

I'm using the rocket fish case now. I get the benefits of a case so no scratches but also get to see my sexy girl through it.

Crisdean

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Once I get mine it'll get into a nice protective casing. Been rocking my 3GS naked but some protection might be good

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I ended up getting an Otterbox Defender, black, to go with my black iPhone 5. I decided to do this since the resale prices on iPhones in pristine shape are so high. I am really really! happy with the case. It does make the phone somewhat thicker but I can use it without concern about scratches on the back, edges, etc. It's really a very handsome looking case, and it fits/locks around the iPhone perfectly.

I picked up an Otterbox for myself also. I love the new look and feel. The rubber on the outside is a very good improvement on the last ones.

c23rainman

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I was naked until today...I ordered a Griffin reveal case (it's much cheaper if you order from their website as opposed to buying it at best buy, search web for promo codes). I've read negative reviews, but so far I love it...it's essentially a bumper with a clear plastic backside to protect from scuffs when you put the phone down. It adds very minimal (almost non-existent) bulk and shows off the phone.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Never use cases. Why cover the beauty? I do use matte ghost armor back and frame for scratch protection.

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I too have the griffin reveal case. I got the white and clear one and I like it, but I think I'm going to get one in a different color. I have a feeling the white bumper part is going to look grimy fast.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Honestly guys.
It matters what type of case you get too. The last thing you want is that damn case you bought scratched it. When you choose to sacrifice the beauty of the phone.
That being said.
It really boils down to how much you care and treat things.
If you are a cautious and meticulous person. Generally you won't harm the phone.
Phone scratches is due to you running your FINGERNAILS on the phone. I mean. who the hell uses their fingernails to hold a damn phone.
Besides, since day one of owning a phone, my pocket is only for a phone.
It's gona take a lifestyle change to have your keys, coins and whatever scary stuff away from your phone in the pocket.
I mean, what the hell man. Your pocket ain't "magical" pocket where it holds everything -.-.
Designers didn't design 4 pockets in a pants for no reason.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Since my first iphone (3Gs) I have always had a case on it. There have been a few times I've accidentally dropped my phone and having a case has saved the day. Today I was in the Apple store getting my Macbook looked at and I decided to add the Apple Care+ to my 5. Now that I am covered from accidental damage, I plan on removing the case I have, return it, and showing the iPhone in it's oh natural (in a french accent) glory.

Which makes this decision easier is IMHO the lack of any decent cases available. Apple has know and the carriers/box stores really have nothing to my liking. I enjoyed the two piece Speck fitted cases but it appears that Speck isn't making that for the iPhone 5 which is a same.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Always naked. I hate covering my phone. I bought the black slate and have some scratches but I have AC+ and am in love.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR