US Delivery time now 2 weeks

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
well i guess thats 2 weeks until it ships and 5 days delivery. you ordered a couple hours before me so im sure im in the same boat. guess we will just have to wait and see. I wodner what delivery date people are getting when ordering now. seems like the first batch was smaller but then again iphone 5 is gonna break sales records

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
well i guess thats 2 weeks until it ships and 5 days delivery. you ordered a couple hours before me so im sure im in the same boat. guess we will just have to wait and see. I wodner what delivery date people are getting when ordering now. seems like the first batch was smaller but then again iphone 5 is gonna break sales records
Given the shipment scaling, if you ordered 2 hours after me, you might get yours some time in 2014.

I kid.

But seriously I'll probably just walk into one of the stores selling the iPhone in my city on the 21st and get one then.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Given the shipment scaling, if you ordered 2 hours after me, you might get yours some time in 2014.

I kid.

But seriously I'll probably just walk into one of the stores selling the iPhone in my city on the 21st and get one then.

i was thinking the same, but "just walking in" might not be so easy. Ive seen some mamoth line ups in my area. what will you do with the iphone you receive by shipment? are you able to send it back for a full refund or could you return it at an apple store?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Walking into a local store and getting one strictly depends on your location...try it in the Atlanta metro area and you're going to be standing in line for a day or more, do it in bumf*ck Alabama and you might get in and out in a few minutes. If you're in a major metro area, the chance of you being able to walk into a store and just buy one without a significant wait are probably not great.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Walking into a local store and getting one strictly depends on your location...try it in the Atlanta metro area and you're going to be standing in line for a day or more, do it in bumf*ck Alabama and you might get in and out in a few minutes. If you're in a major metro area, the chance of you being able to walk into a store and just buy one without a significant wait are probably not great.

ya no doubt. I got a few ideas of where I could try ;) if im successful on the 21st it looks like I can cancel my order on-line easily.

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Just placed my order on Apple.com and got the "2 week" shipping estimate too. So is it a 2 week estimate from the date you placed the order, or from 09/21 (the release date)? Also I choose standard shipping, which it said could take up to 5 days on top of that. Does that mean I wouldn't see the new phone at my door until maybe October 5'th? :eek:

Yep, I just ordered my iPhone 5, and was told the same thing - October 5.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
wow that stinks. what time did you order? I dont currently have an iphone so I cant get that app

Do you have an email with the order number? Log into Apple's website and check the order status. If you have the email. the order number should be a link to the order - click it and see what happens.

jeffydude05

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered just around 3 am central time and had the two weeks shipping estimate. My order just moved from received to processing with an Oct. 3 delivery date.

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
In Houston there are two Apple stores and multiple other locations that sell the iPhones, so my experience has been that on launch day (at least the last couple), your wait, if any, is not significant. No camping out necessary, though there are those that do it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i was thinking the same, but "just walking in" might not be so easy. Ive seen some mamoth line ups in my area. what will you do with the iphone you receive by shipment? are you able to send it back for a full refund or could you return it at an apple store?

Yes, you can refuse delivery, ship it back or take it to an Apple store... just don't open it, otherwise you could get hit with a restocking fee.

I think you best bet for just "walking in" would be at the carrier's store, but if you want a party atmosphere, go to an Apple store.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can refuse delivery, ship it back or take it to an Apple store... just don't open it, otherwise you could get hit with a restocking fee.

I think you best bet for just "walking in" would be at the carrier's store, but if you want a party atmosphere, go to an Apple store.

Im with Rogers here in Toronto. do carriers sell the iphones out right or do they only sell on contract at first?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

If you purchased under a contract this will create a major issue for you. Since your upgrade was already used purchasing via the online store it will show up as you don't have an upgrade if you walk into the store. Headache city for those people. If I recall correctly past stories people had to wait quite a bit until their upgrade was available. I'm talking days.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
If you purchased under a contract this will create a major issue for you. Since your upgrade was already used purchasing via the online store it will show up as you don't have an upgrade if you walk into the store. Headache city for those people. If I recall correctly past stories people had to wait quite a bit until their upgrade was available. I'm talking days.

im wondering if when walking into a carrier store to purchse the device will they sell them out right or only on contract? sometime carriers wont sell the initial stock outright

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark. But it does make (some) sense.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
im wondering if when walking into a carrier store to purchse the device will they sell them out right or only on contract? sometime carriers wont sell the initial stock outright

I don't know why they wouldn't... but I've never tried, either.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
In Houston there are two Apple stores and multiple other locations that sell the iPhones, so my experience has been that on launch day (at least the last couple), your wait, if any, is not significant. No camping out necessary, though there are those that do it.

In Atlanta we have 2 Apple stores as well...numerous AT&T, Verizon and Sprint locations, about 10 Best Buys, tons of Walmarts, Radio Shacks, etc. Every year, there are lines...i thought perhaps it was just Atlanta, but during the iPhone 4 release, i was in Boston...same exact story.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2