US Delivery time now 2 weeks

TheMaccaUK

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just managed to get into the US Apple Store using incognito mode in Chrome and saw that the delivery time is 2 weeks now. That was when I selected the Black 32GB but I think it said 2 weeks for all capacities

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just managed to get into the US Apple Store using incognito mode in Chrome and saw that the delivery time is 2 weeks now. That was when I selected the Black 32GB but I think it said 2 weeks for all capacities

Yep... the page where you choose your color, size and network shows 2 weeks for all options/choices... at least in the US.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon site still says 9/21 but who knows what they say after u order lol

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
said 2 weeks as well for me here in Toronto. I was reading here on the forums that past pre ordered arrived on release date for the most part. Has anyone pre ordered before where it said 2 weeks but arrived on release date?

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Last year when the 4S began listing "2 weeks" as the shipping time, that meant the allotted pre-order amount had been sold and you were on the next batch...is it possible? Sure, there was probably a very tiny % of people who ordered late last year that still got it on the release day. Unfortunately though, as it sits, those with a 2 week shipping time estimate are probably going to get it with the second batch of phones to be shipped.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Last year when the 4S began listing "2 weeks" as the shipping time, that meant the allotted pre-order amount had been sold and you were on the next batch...is it possible? Sure, there was probably a very tiny % of people who ordered late last year that still got it on the release day. Unfortunately though, as it sits, those with a 2 week shipping time estimate are probably going to get it with the second batch of phones to be shipped.

Hard to believe they went through the first batch so quickly. I'd love to find out how many is in a batch. I thought ordering at 6am est would have been good enough to get in on the "first batch"

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hard to believe they went through the first batch so quickly. I'd love to find out how many is in a batch. I thought ordering at 6am est would have been good enough to get in on the "first batch"

Why is it hard to believe? It happens every year like that...literally selling through the first batch in a matter of hours. 6am is pushing as a sort of "last second" pre-order, I think last year there were SOME people who trickled in at 6-7am on pre-order day that still got it for release day batches, but yeah, it's looking like this iPhone (like all the ones before) flew off the shelf and sold out rather quickly.

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I think that Verizon is still on for a 9/21 delivery because most people who bought the 4 on Verizon are not yet able to upgrade (beginning of October is their earliest upgrade date), those who bought the 4S can't upgrade yet, and I don't see a lot of new customers flocking to Verizon over this phone. All this means that Verizon will probably be selling quite a bit at full retail, like I bought it for, and they will probably be the best bet to still get a phone on launch day even if ordering later in the morning. Just my thoughts.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Why is it hard to believe? It happens every year like that...literally selling through the first batch in a matter of hours. 6am is pushing as a sort of "last second" pre-order, I think last year there were SOME people who trickled in at 6-7am on pre-order day that still got it for release day batches, but yeah, it's looking like this iPhone (like all the ones before) flew off the shelf and sold out rather quickly.

well this is the first time i have pre ordered from apple. kinda sucks that ill have to wait a week after it launches. should have took my chances waiting in line next week. :S

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
well this is the first time i have pre ordered from apple. kinda sucks that ill have to wait a week after it launches. should have took my chances waiting in line next week. :S

Do your research man, even as a first time pre-orderer...you had to know the kind of speed these phones sell out, as it's happened every year for the last 5 years.

Sinandgrin

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Just placed my order on Apple.com and got the "2 week" shipping estimate too. So is it a 2 week estimate from the date you placed the order, or from 09/21 (the release date)? Also I choose standard shipping, which it said could take up to 5 days on top of that. Does that mean I wouldn't see the new phone at my door until maybe October 5'th? :eek:

Palm-a-PREciation

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I saw that Apple was showing the 2 week shipping time, so I hopped over to Sprint, and it was showing delivery for Sept 21.....so I went ahead and ordered through Sprint (hopefully that'll work!!)....once I was into the order for Sprint, it said they would do their best to have it delivered on Sept 21 (so I guess that kind of leaves it open that it could still be later)....guess I'll just have to wait and see!

dcgore

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I saw that Apple was showing the 2 week shipping time, so I hopped over to Sprint, and it was showing delivery for Sept 21.....so I went ahead and ordered through Sprint (hopefully that'll work!!)....once I was into the order for Sprint, it said they would do their best to have it delivered on Sept 21 (so I guess that kind of leaves it open that it could still be later)....guess I'll just have to wait and see!

You should be fine. I ordered from the carrier instead of apple in the past and it works.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Each store has an allotment of phones for sale. Apple probably has the most available, but they also are supplying each carrier. Since Sprint was having web issues, it's reasonable to assume that they didn't sell their allotment as quickly as Apple. AT&T and VZW, I'm sure, had a smaller batch to sell, but were dealing with just their customers, so they reached their "sellout" later (or earlier). There's a whole set of dynamics in play here... but the bottom like is that despite all the critics, there is a very strong demand.

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered 2 from VZW and both are scheduled for the 9/21 delivery however I also received a strange text message from vzw asking to confirm the order. Did anyone else receive this?

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Just placed my order on Apple.com and got the "2 week" shipping estimate too. So is it a 2 week estimate from the date you placed the order, or from 09/21 (the release date)? Also I choose standard shipping, which it said could take up to 5 days on top of that. Does that mean I wouldn't see the new phone at my door until maybe October 5'th? :eek:

oh god, i hope not. regardless of the 2 week message I will still be hoping to see it next week. maybe apple is just covering their a$$ just in case they arent able to ship

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73