Get it early?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You have a very tiny, slim, ridiculously unlikely possibility you "could" get it early, dependent on whether or not the shipper makes a mistake and releases them a day before...but given how strict Apple has been about deliveries of them, your chances on this version is even less than the last, which was probably less than 1%.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
where did you order from? I ordered from Apple Web Site and it gave me a delivery time of 2 weeks. I'm in Toronto

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The first report that I saw of the 2 week shipping date was about 1:05 - so just over an hour into the pre-order. Interesting that some were seeing 9/21-9/25, apparently prior to that time. I got mine ordered very early (timestamp on the confirmation email is 12:01), and mine just said 9/21... and as Sean said, it's very, very unlikely that we see them prior to next Friday.

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The first report that I saw of the 2 week shipping date was about 1:05 - so just over an hour into the pre-order. Interesting that some were seeing 9/21-9/25, apparently prior to that time. I got mine ordered very early (timestamp on the confirmation email is 12:01), and mine just said 9/21... and as Sean said, it's very, very unlikely that we see them prior to next Friday.
I ordered some time between 2:50 and 2:55 central an got the 2 week wait.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Does it estimate any delivery on Verizon orders? I was able to preorder as soon as it was available and got the preorder confirmation but not estimated delivery. Or does that come when I get my actual order shipped out email?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Does it estimate any delivery on Verizon orders? I was able to preorder as soon as it was available and got the preorder confirmation but not estimated delivery. Or does that come when I get my actual order shipped out email?

Did Verizon's pre-ordering page not list the date while you were ordering it? The Apple.com page did.

AuburnChopper

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It took me an entire 45 mins to order through the ATT site, but I got it ordered with a now confirmed (just got off the phone with ATT CS line...after a 28 min hold...lol...think they're busy?) date of Sep. 21. Phones are to be shipped overnight for the 21st.

However, she did confirm that any orders that were not fortunate enough to get in within the first HOUR were being pushed to later dates. That jives with other reports I've seen that most carriers had sold out of their initial pre-order, release date phones within the FIRST hour, and 20x faster than previous versions. Wow.

Congrats to all that were lucky enough to snag one! Regardless of how long it'll take. There's going to be some folks waiting in line, or that decided to wait in line, that will be sorely disappointed next week.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple Store app.

Unfortunately, that's time frame (about an hour into the pre-order) was when the shipping dates slipped...

There's always hope that it will come earlier... but worst case, you'll have it then. There's always high demand, so this is not unheard of or even unusual.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73