Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My Order status now says October 5 delivery date an I ordered about 2:55 central. What the heck? If I had ordered it 15 minutes earlier I would have gotten it 2 weeks earlier?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My Order status now says October 5 delivery date an I ordered about 2:55 central. What the heck? If I had ordered it 15 minutes earlier I would have gotten it 2 weeks earlier?

Correct, about a hour in to the pre order Apple blew through their initial stock that will be delivered on the 21st.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
hi everyone :) i'm sorry if this question has already been asked...im a rookie at these forums/online pre-ordering, but I was just wondering if the price of pre-ordering the 32GB w/a 2 year Sprint contract (my upgrade time is now, luckily) is the same on all sites I can choose to order from: sprint, apple, or any others im not aware of and if anyone knows of any promo codes to use...thanks in advance for answering.

No promo codes. Price fixing is illegal in the US. In other news, iPhone 5 is priced at $199, $299 and $399 everywhere except Walmart where it's $10 cheaper.

thebrain2u

Sep 18, 2008
Visit site
Well, AT&T messed up my order. I ordered a Black 32GB and the order somehow came out to a White 32GB.

Gave them a call and now, I'm stuck in limbo. They said they put in a cancellation request and would allow me to re-order a Black one, but I have to wait for the request to go through first. How long that takes nobody knows. I can only pray that AT&T still has 32GB Black available for 21st shipping for the next few hours while I await a cancellation.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Haha awesome this forum bumped my title up to "intermediate" and I've got 100+ posts and 44 likes. Woot! :D

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
**YAWN**....

Morning everyone! Anyone left alive out there?? I feel like someone shot me with a sleeping dart and I'm just now coming 'round. I managed to get in 4.5 hours sleep, but this is gonna be one of those mornings! :)

I have a question - since Apple wasn't offering any bumpers for this model it looks like I'll have to go elsewhere to find a case. This is going to sound crazy, but ever since I got my first iPhone 3 I've only had one case - or actually a bumper, it wasn't even a case! I personally don't like cases and would prefer not to use one if possible, but I think its wise to have one for the iPhone 5. It still has a lot of glass and edges to it.

So, I'm looking for advice on a minimalist (simple) case. I want it to be as thin and unobtrusive as possible - not a fortress of rubber and steel, just something as close to a 'bumper' as possible, and of high quality. Any sugggestions?? (Rene / iMore staff - your faves?)

Thx!

Um, so THIS is what a zombie feels like.

Dudley228

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Got two

I tried for over three hours this morning without any results. I was trying through the Apple and AT&T websites. After I couldn't get through, I went back to bed. I woke up around 9 a.m. and within 15 minutes I had ordered two iPhone 5s for the wife and I through the AT&T website. I got the 64 GB for myself and the 32 for her. I did use the wrong credit card, but that is a small mistake that won't cause me any issues.

acvitanov

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Random question, first time iPhone purchaser. I wasn't able to order until after the pre-sale inventory was gone, so I'm not getting it for apparently 3 weeks....

Does anyone know, is there a way to get it shipped to an Apple store instead and I can pick up there and have them set it up for me? Pickup in store was not an option when I ordered the two that I ordered....

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
**YAWN**....

Morning everyone! Anyone left alive out there?? I feel like someone shot me with a sleeping dart and I'm just now coming 'round. I managed to get in 4.5 hours sleep, but this is gonna be one of those mornings! :)

I have a question - since Apple wasn't offering any bumpers for this model it looks like I'll have to go elsewhere to find a case. This is going to sound crazy, but ever since I got my first iPhone 3 I've only had one case - or actually a bumper, it wasn't even a case! I personally don't like cases and would prefer not to use one if possible, but I think its wise to have one for the iPhone 5. It still has a lot of glass and edges to it.

So, I'm looking for advice on a minimalist (simple) case. I want it to be as thin and unobtrusive as possible - not a fortress of rubber and steel, just something as close to a 'bumper' as possible, and of high quality. Any sugggestions?? (Rene / iMore staff - your faves?)

Thx!

I haven't looked for the iPhone 5 versions, but I have a CaseMate Barely There that I use on occasion. It's super thin, and adds virtually no size the the iPhone 4S. I mostly roll naked...

Reactions: RealNeal

asapp

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
confused

I have seen it posted on here a couple of times that the black iphone is longer than the white.
Is that true? How could that be possible because when you order cases for the iphone they don't
ask if you have a black or white phone. How can a case if right if they are not the same length and they don't ask if you have a black or white one????
This is my very first Iphone ever - so I am new to this. HAPPY IPHONE 5 FRIDAY!!!!!

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have seen it posted on here a couple of times that the black iphone is longer than the white.
Is that true? How could that be possible because when you order cases for the iphone they don't
ask if you have a black or white phone. How can a case if right if they are not the same length and they don't ask if you have a black or white one????
This is my very first Iphone ever - so I am new to this. HAPPY IPHONE 5 FRIDAY!!!!!

It was a joke. ;)

Reactions: asapp

joamon21

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I was up at 2am Central. Got 2 phones (16 and 64 GB White) thru Verizon and had the confirmation emails with 9/21 ship dates by 2:10am. Everything was seamless. Called customer service this morning and confirmed everything including the plan change to share everything plan, which sucks, but you just can't beat Verizon's coverage and I don't use that much data, plus I have a corporate discount.

Now I just get to sit back and hope that everything shows up on 9/21 as I'm told it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods