Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I ordered from apple store this morning order went thru. I can login into my account and see order number and everything order says processing. But I have no order confirmation email.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I ordered from apple store this morning order went thru. I can login into my account and see order number and everything order says processing. But I have no order confirmation email.

Last time I pre-ordered through AT&T I never got a confirmation email. I take that back... I did, but I got the phone before the email. LOL

Reactions: hermdog

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Last time I pre-ordered through AT&T I never got a confirmation email. I take that back... I did, but I got the phone before the email. LOL

Ha Ha AT&T services at it's best. I just checked my bank and Apple has a pending transaction. So thats a good sign.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)well, fwiw, I was up last night just for the he11 of it sharing the excitement of alllll of you guys/girls preordering at 3am. (I couldn't sleep lol) so congrats and enjoy to all of you with your new ip5 when it arrives!! :D:D

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hash tag "TheMorningAfter". I'm an hour late for my staff meeting today to discuss preorders. And I also think I might be dead. Not sure on that one tho, more to co
E.

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

Fdmstng99

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Just pre-ordered my iPhone 5 32gb in black from AT&T with no issues.

I did have an issue trying to order from the apple store. When it asked me if I was a new customer or existing one I choose existing and clicked continue but it wouldn't go anywhere.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
How do I do it if adding a line? The app wouldn't allow it says have to go to full web site which is updating This is horrible I woke up in middle of night to do this

As a result, of constantly having a screen on the apple store on both my ipad and laptop that they were updating the site, I attempted to order the phone and add a new line on Verizon wireless it was very confusing and didn't seem to acknowledged
that I had changed my plan to a shared everything plan the previous day in anticipation of adding the additional line .

I didn't want to take a chance that there would be a problem so I waited for apple store to become available . At 3:50 am eastern time, The apple store became available on my iPad (non app version) via safari
and I seamlessly ordered the phone setting up another line. The apple store was much clearer and easier to follow than Verizon. However, the process wasn't done until 4:05 am eastern

cate

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered 16GB in White/Silver.

I ordered from Verizon since I'm leaving AT&T - it was a breeze. I was surprised at how smooth everything went. I can't wait for next Friday!

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
**YAWN**....

Morning everyone! Anyone left alive out there?? I feel like someone shot me with a sleeping dart and I'm just now coming 'round. I managed to get in 4.5 hours sleep, but this is gonna be one of those mornings! :)

I have a question - since Apple wasn't offering any bumpers for this model it looks like I'll have to go elsewhere to find a case. This is going to sound crazy, but ever since I got my first iPhone 3 I've only had one case - or actually a bumper, it wasn't even a case! I personally don't like cases and would prefer not to use one if possible, but I think its wise to have one for the iPhone 5. It still has a lot of glass and edges to it.

So, I'm looking for advice on a minimalist (simple) case. I want it to be as thin and unobtrusive as possible - not a fortress of rubber and steel, just something as close to a 'bumper' as possible, and of high quality. Any sugggestions?? (Rene / iMore staff - your faves?)

Thx!

Stan0607

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Pre Order From Verizon

Woke up 3:30 Eastern Time. Logged into my Verizon account. Ordered 2 black IPhones 32 GB. Process took around 10 minutes with no delays. Received email confirmation from Verizon about 10 minutes later with 9/21 delivery. Could not believe how easy the process went. I always expect problems with something like this. Very happy with how Verizon set up the online upgrade process. Keeping my fingers crossed!

hackacrack

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
alright guys, about to pre-order mine.... hope all goes well. lol, im sure it will since everybody already ordered theirs this early early morning..

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm SO GLAD I stayed up and placed an early order.... :D

"iPhone 5 pre-order shipping times slip to two weeks - It took less than two hours for Apple to run dry of its initial batch of iPhone 5s, with the company now quoting a two-week wait time for the new handset. " AppleInsider

TopTeke

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Just pre-ordered my iPhone 5 32gb in black from AT&T with no issues.

I did have an issue trying to order from the apple store. When it asked me if I was a new customer or existing one I choose existing and clicked continue but it wouldn't go anywhere.

Apple.com wanted me to pay $249 a month, luckily Sprint's site came back up for me.

knitgirl

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
While I'm extremely disappointed that AT&T didn't offer a better early-upgrade deal, I still ended up staying up and pre-ordering my 64GB phone. I had no problems with the site (in fact, it let me in a little before 3 AM EDT) - I was done in less than 5 minutes and immediately got a confirmation that my phone will be sent to me on the 21st. No fine print saying delivery may be delayed or anything. Once I get the shipping confirmation, I'll be stalking FedEx's website to see just when it's delivered.

I ended up ordering the black, though now all I can think about is the white phone... I think that in the long run, I'll be happier with the black one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods