Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well it's been fun like a norm party every either leaves or passes out lmao good night all

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

Adiliyo

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Not familiar with the screens your're talking about. I just pushed through the order start to finish and had no problems. With pre-orders, the longer you take to get to that final point, the more likely you're going to run into issues.

i literally went to that page 10 seconds after getting the email. no go

i went to the att page as soon as it went live, got to the last page and had the server crash before i could complete the order.

i hope it goes through smooth in the morning, i really do, but when everybody and their pet monkey can preorder an iphone, why the hell can't i?! :mad:

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
so i ordered a black 32gb iphone 5 on att's site a couple minutes before midnight. when i tried to enter my email, it wouldnt let me and displayed "none@yahoo.com". I havent gotten a confirmation email, but have an order number. do you think im good? im very nervous the order didnt got through.

I'd be worried, but you've got an order number, so that's pretty safe. Sounds weird though with that e-mail. Is there anything on AT&T's site where you can check the status of the order number?

pdoobs

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
i had to go thru my companies premier site and it workded fine..apples site said I didnt have an account and ATT's regular site kept timing out.
I had no such luck. One of my lines was eligible and I kept getting an (P1234) error when clicking "upgrade" same thing happened last time so I'm not really surprised. Oh well maybe the extended wait will give app and accessory companies time to update the product line.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i literally went to that page 10 seconds after getting the email. no go

i went to the att page as soon as it went live, got to the last page and had the server crash before i could complete the order.

Yeah, and I didn't have something sending me an e-mail saying to go to a site to complete the order. But I used the Apple Store app, and not the AT&T site.

AaronArk

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd be worried, but you've got an order number, so that's pretty safe. Sounds weird though with that e-mail. Is there anything on AT&T's site where you can check the status of the order number?
yes. i enter the order number and it takes me to a page where it says the order is processing. the specs of the phone is listed and everything. however, when i go to "my orders" on att, the service is down. ill probably end up calling first thing in the morning

anon(4706822)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I went to the VerizonWireless.com website and ordered an iPhone 5 from there shortly after 3:00 AM EST. However shortly after entering all my information I received an e-mail from Verzion saying my Order is on Hold. I was formally with Verizon before I switched to AT&T, big mistake, and now I want to go back.

This is basically what I got from Verizon: "Thanks for your recent order. Unfortunately, we were unable to process your order because your credit application was placed on hold due for the following reason:
Our Credit Review Department has requested further information from you.
"

I responded via phone call and still have yet to receive any confirmation. I cannot tell if my order will be processed or I will have to put down a deposit for the phone in addition to the cost. If so, how much?!

Anyone else in the same boat with me?

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I had no such luck. One of my lines was eligible and I kept getting an (P1234) error when clicking "upgrade" same thing happened last time so I'm not really surprised. Oh well maybe the extended wait will give app and accessory companies time to update the product line.

One of the trade offs of the discount type employer plans. You've got to go through them and they don't always get things done in time.

Adiliyo

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, and I didn't have something sending me an e-mail saying to go to a site to complete the order. But I used the Apple Store app, and not the AT&T site.

i went to the att site first and almost made it through before their servers crashed

then i went to the apple site and finally got in, and since att's servers were down, it couldn't complete the order, but they said they reserved me one and would send me an email to complete the order when they could contact att's servers.

then i got the email to complete, went to do it, and after entering all the payment and stuff, it just keeps going back to the cart with no error or message of any kind.

if i had an ios device to use their app i would, but i guess they only want people who already own their products to buy the newer ones.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
This is basically what I got from Verizon: "Thanks for your recent order. Unfortunately, we were unable to process your order because your credit application was placed on hold due for the following reason:
Our Credit Review Department has requested further information from you.
"

Anyone else in the same boat with me?

No, but I was staying with AT&T and already had a plan. You're going from AT&T to Verizon, and they must have some sort of issue with your credit/credit card. I'm guessing you're ok in terms of the order (shouldn't get the 2 week delay if it originally said 9/21), you just need to clarify the billing stuff tomorrow (err today).

Last edited:

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my iPhone at around 11:55pm with AT&T. Hopefully I'll get it by September 21. This is my first time preordering anything. Any chance we will get them a day early??? Has there ever been shipping delays?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
so i ordered a black 32gb iphone 5 on att's site a couple minutes before midnight. when i tried to enter my email, it wouldnt let me and displayed "none@yahoo.com". I havent gotten a confirmation email, but have an order number. do you think im good? im very nervous the order didnt got through.

Just give it some time for the systems to process everything. We see this stuff every year and people always freak out. Everything will work out. Take a deep breath ;)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my iPhone at around 11:55pm with AT&T. Hopefully I'll get it by September 21. This is my first time preordering anything. Any chance we will get them a day early??? Has there ever been shipping delays?

No one here knows. Most likely not early UNLESS shipping made a mistake. Usually Apple is strict about this and notifies shipper to not deliver before a certain date. Just take a deep breath and you can worry about a shipping delay after you get your confirmation. Otherwise, no one knows.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i went to the att site first and almost made it through before their servers crashed

then i went to the apple site and finally got in, and since att's servers were down, it couldn't complete the order, but they said they reserved me one and would send me an email to complete the order when they could contact att's servers.

then i got the email to complete, went to do it, and after entering all the payment and stuff, it just keeps going back to the cart with no error or message of any kind.

if i had an ios device to use their app i would, but i guess they only want people who already own their products to buy the newer ones.

Ah, I see now. Interesting, Must be something new for that situation. I've never run into it before.

And no, I'm pretty sure Apple wants everyone in the world to buy their products. Multiples if at all possible. :) The iOS app is just another avenue to sell us.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Yes to all your questions. :)

They've been received early for the iPhone 4. Not sure on the 4s, I think those pretty much came on the correct day. Just keep an eye on your order. It'll give you the day it is actually shipped, and you should be able to track from the shipping site from that point. And yes, there have been shipping delays and misdirections before as well. You've got millions of these things floating around FedEx, etc, anything can happen.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I know some of you guys have pointed out but they've already pushed back shipping to 2 weeks after a couple hours. Wow. Just wow. I wonder if this just astronomical sales, real supply shortage or possible even Apple making sure they have the most available for in store release so they can continue to generate those long lines. Probably a combination of all, but wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox