Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I find things are easier and smoother upgrading through the Apple site. They seem much better with handling the added load.

They've got more money to spend on it. These type of orders are actually pretty tough on "regular' companies. They don't have the millions to spend on servers/bandwidth for one or two days. Apple's rolling in the dough.

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
The only other phone i can remember generating any kind of crowd rush similar to the iPhone in recent history was the original BB Storm. But even that was pale in comparison to the iPhone releases.
I remember waiting for the Storm line was 4 people!

RichD

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
My order is being processed as of 3:01am! Who else can't go back to sleep?

no sense in it, have to be up at 5 anyway :). Had to use the Apple app and got my order for a white 16GB and a black 32GB in on time for 9/21 delivery. The AT&T store crashed while I was in checkout!

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
And how long did it take to get that order completed? I remember buying a phone from an AT&T store years ago and it was like 30-40 minutes...
It took about 35 minutes, one reason it took so long was they had to find where they put the shipment of phones lol. I work for Sprint at a store and activations usually can take up to 30 minutes, sometimes 15 if you're lucky. A lot of prompts and stuff we sales reps have to go through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner