Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

judiphilly

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Received my confirmation for my new iPhone 5 (White, 16GB) @ 3:20 EST. Used Apple Store app, because could connect on my MacBook. Then, was able to order daughter's phone on my PC without any problems, since MacBook still wouldn't let me order. What's up with that?

Oh Apple, I hardly know ye with that kind of behavior!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
YUP! I got on as soon as the site was working. Deliver was 9/21. Then I remembered to get the adapter so I went back a page to add it. Then the deliver for the iphone was "2 weeks" I wanted to scream.

But I've seen others with "2 weeks" and still they get it earlier by the official date. This is what I'm counting on. Got to be optimistic :)

You should have just placed another order... on pre-order nights, NEVER mess with an order once it's been placed.

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
For anyone who wanted to know if you could change your shipping address, you can all you have to do is login to your account in the Apple store and edit your order!

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
First order (through Apple site) initially said 9/21 delivery, but the email said 2 weeks. So I went through the Verizon page and placed another order and received confirmation for delivery on 9/21. Phew! Now I just have to cancel the first order :D

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
The only other phone i can remember generating any kind of crowd rush similar to the iPhone in recent history was the original BB Storm. But even that was pale in comparison to the iPhone releases.

emozdashietxp

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
might the process order be taking longer than usual because they have to update at&t account

i am upgrading...>___> since i had an eligible contract..

dan_es_4

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
got mine!!!

it was very easy this year... i remember last year i stayed up til 5 to preorder one because of the crashes... this year i did it in less than two minutes. the only thing that i don't like about preordering is the fact that i can't just pick it up at the apple store on friday... last year they had the iPhone on the truck the whole day but since i live in an apartment complex the ups lady i talked to said they forgot to deliver me mine... so i had to wait coz they even sent it back to the sender... plus i like talking to other early adopters about the phone and i can pick it up anytime i wish...

btw i just read that its already in the "ships in 2 weeks" phase... that was just about an hour.

stteve#CB

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Apple Site

I'm in the same boat as you. I think us Verizon folks might need some insight from you AT&T folks. This is the first time I've been able to upgrade because the iPhone 4 was released when I signed my last 2 year contract. Any insight guys? :confused:

I find things are easier and smoother upgrading through the Apple site. They seem much better with handling the added load.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought the supply was bigger this time since the rollout was going to be "quicker". Oh well, got a white 16GB from Sprint's site coming 9/21.

It gets harder and harder to judge because they've got so many different channels to sell it now as compared to the old days when it was just AT&T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods