Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
1 order successful using App - second one would not verify with AT&T so it automatically reserved me one. Now I just have to wait for an email. Last time I try to pre-order ever. Annoying when the server sides don't properly prepare. It's tough to do but at least AT&T really should have been better prepped for the inevitable onslaught.

Welcome to the insanity that is the iPhone. You go through a few years of this and you'll see that it ALWAYS happens. You've got millions of people all trying to order at once. It's pretty difficult to deal with that kind of volume. It's how DDOS attacks work.

It *is* better than previous years though. I remember staying up to 2:30am to get a pre-order in on my iPhone 4... And that was to pick up at the store (so I had to get up early and stand in line too).

RubyAmanda

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Is your current rate plan Unlimited 3G data or did you have Unlimited 4G Data. If you have Unlimited 4G Data, it should definitely let you pay full retail to keep it. It showed a notice or something, and I had to accept it or something. If you are coming from an Unlimited 3G Data plan, then you can't grandfather Unlimited 4G, they stopped that a while ago.

Actually, VZW Support confirmed on Twitter not too long ago, they will grandfather 3G unlimited data over to 4G for the iPhone 5. So Yes, people can keep their unlimited data!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Everyone saying they got Confirmation email from apple does it say Your order is being processed or does it say confirmed?

The email said "being processed". When I log into the Apple site and look at the order it says "processing order".

What are the different states of an order?
We?ve received your order:

We?ve received your order and will begin processing it soon! You can modify your order details once the order enters the processing status.
Processing Items:
We are processing your order now. You can modify your order details through online Order Status, or by contacting Apple Online Store Customer Service.
Preparing for Shipment:
We're currently preparing your order and, as a result, are unable to modify it at this point. If items are being shipped directly to you, we'll send you a Shipment Notification email. If items are being shipped to an Apple Store, we'll send you a Pickup Notification email when they're ready to pick up.
Shipped:
Your order has shipped! Your carrier tracking number will be updated in online Order Status and the carrier?s website within 24 hours.
Shipping to Store:
Your item(s) have shipped and are on their way to the Apple Store. We'll send a Pickup Notification email to you when they're ready to be picked up. Please wait for that email before coming in.
Ready for pickup:
Your item is ready at the Apple Store. When you come to the store, just remember to bring the card you used for payment, or the order number and a valid photo ID. We'll need them to confirm your pickup.
Picked Up:
Your item has been picked up from the Apple Store.

Reactions: Redshirt

SirIra

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
that is so wierd. Using IE, the apple store says it is down. Using Chrome, the store came up just fine and the order went right through.

64G black Sprint iPhone 5 to be delivered. :)

Carsten23

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I got mine about 20 mins ago. Sprints site was down and the app was too so I finally got apple to work on one of my browsers and just printed everything out! It was not as bad as I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh