Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm here, I'm here!

After waiting in line at an Apple Store for three and a half hours (in the blazing hot SoCal sun, although they did give us bottled water and Rice Krispie treats) for the iPhone 4 release .. my 10 month old puppy and I will be up ready to jump ship from AT&T and shack up with Verizon.

Bring it on. I made cookies, y'all.

mat8823

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
ordering one white and one black iPhone for myself and the fianc?. switching to vzw because at&t's service in my area isn't great. Plus the hospital I work in uses vzw for all of its internet and wireless so I get no at&t signal. still not set on the memory size yet, but i've still got a few hours left.

TheBiggmann

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
non issue for me. i'll take LTE w/ Verizon all day over ATT.
I use data and voice enough to make it worth it. I use my data a lot but I don't feel like anything I do is going to be that affected by an increase in speed over HSPA. Plus being on campus I'm on Wi-Fi most of the time anyway.

egorfin

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty disappointed that the VZW one doesn't do voice+data. I was looking forward to switching to them for their better LTE coverage. Looks like I'm gonna be settling for HSPA+. Maybe someday...
I read that VZW said that it will do voice and data over LTE. Other devices do it why not iPhone5? Did apple not put in antennas to support both voice and data?

TheBiggmann

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I read that VZW said that it will do voice and data over LTE. Other devices do it why not iPhone5? Did apple not put in antennas to support both voice and data?
Thats what the original word was but it was released that Apple would have had to put a third antenna in for that to work.

majorhunadadun

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Sellin' out!

If you are awake like I will be tonight when the pre orders are supposed to go live on Apple's site (along with the carriers) and you want to pass the time, post here!

We'll have a bunch of iMore writers and forums staff here to chat with, and we'll give away some accessory prizes to people posting in this thread.

What better way to wait?

Everyone know which carrier, capacity, and color they're pre-ordering? Sound off, and good luck!

Verizon and Black! I've been an Android user from the get go. This will be my first iPhone! Selling out never felt so good! Would my best bet be to order on Verizon's site?? :)

EW800#AC

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Hoping someone can answer this for me.... I will be using my wife's upgrade on Verizon. Is it necessary to do the "transfer upgrade" routine? Is there any reason that I can't just order it through her line and then activate it on my number when the phone arrives or would that not work?? Thanks!

zschiffman

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Hoping someone can answer this for me.... I will be using my wife's upgrade on Verizon. Is it necessary to do the "transfer upgrade" routine? Is there any reason that I can't just order it through her line and then activate it on my number when the phone arrives or would that not work?? Thanks!
are u guys already on share everything plans? if so, either way works just fine.

dloveprod

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site

I'm not gonna transfer, I'll just get a new sim when I get it in the mail.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow this many people on iMore.... Hope this site doesn't crash, especially during the prize giveway lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73