Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
its really as easy as going through the vzw website and hitting the "transfer upgrade" option. the line ur stealing upgrade from gets a new 2 year deal, ur line gets iphone5, no change to contract

No it's not I have called asked today it won't work try it right now with another device say a 4g phone it pops up say unlimited not available ..
Verizon updated there system to detect this

hackacrack

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I will be getting a Black IPhone 32GB Sprint. i know i know sprint... but its very good in Austin, and they are in an area that will get LTE...

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree the black looks much better than the white

I don't know, I have a black 4S and have never even once considered a white iPhone but for some reason I'm just really captivated by how that white metal back on the new one almost seems to "disappear"

I just remember watching the video last night where they had one floating/spinning and it just seemed so interesting to me...I'm actually really confused now on which color I want to get...I think I definitely need to see one in person before I buy but I doubt we'll get to see any demo models before launch right?

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
One thing I've learned about this online ordering is that your odds are better getting the 64GB as the less memory models get snapped up first.

Normally I go white given an option of white and black, but with iPhone 5 I think it's black all the way.

So assuming I stay awake, I'll order a 64GB Black model.

Wait a minute...Crackberry Kevin is getting an iPhone?! Just kidding. Enjoy it Kevin. I'm staying up to order my 16GB Black 5 on Verizon.

WOW!!! :eek: Crackberry Kevin preordering an iPhone 5!?! I know I'm at work and all but I know I'm not dreaming and hell hasn't froze over lol

Lol just teasing you Kevin. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pshhhh, we all know Kevin is just here for the prizes.. Duhhh. ;)

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's getting in to the realm of negatively effecting your future bro. The iPhone 5 will be there, your credit however, may not always be there lmao.

Lol yeah good point. But the gov better not take a whole lotta tax out of my award check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zschiffman

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
No it's not I have called asked today it won't work try it right now with another device say a 4g phone it pops up say unlimited not available ..
there have been multiple articles with quotes from verizon reps saying it will keep.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
i know what you mean, i asked my wife if she wanted the new one and she said no, because the 4s fits nice in her small hands and she done want a bigger one. i was like, oh well better for me, i have to waste less mula!

We just got my wife a white 4S 16 GB this past weekend when she decided that the size I had was perfect. (I traded my 4 to Gazelle) Paid $125 for it, so not bad. Now I am just hoping Best Buy or Target drops the 16 GB to $99 this weekend, I'll go back for the $25 credit, which will immediately go to a new iPod touch for my daughter for Christmas...

4 more hours. Think I am going to take a nap...

Talk to you all again about 2:30 eastern!

maxwellsteel

Jun 7, 2008
Visit site
64GB Blacked Out

I will be staying up tonight to pre-order.
I have the 4 now so I'm psyched about owning the 5!
I'm going with the 64GB blacked out on AT&T.

And I'm here in my Jammies tonight to join in the fun!

travva

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
so i asked this question earlier, but just to get a second opinion as this thread seems lively...

say you have vzw and your line is eligible for upgrade, and you're going to preorder the iPhone 5, which website do you do it through? vzw or apple?

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site

there have been multiple articles with quotes from verizon reps saying it will keep.

I work for Verizon, it doesn't matter if it's a 4G device or not. If you have unlimited and you are activating "customer owned equipment" then you will not lose your unlimited data. OR (off the record), if you do an alternate upgrade then you will not lose your data on the line that is getting the device, but you will lose it (if there is a data package) on the line utilizing the upgrade.

But no, you won't lose unlimited if you were to say purchase the iPhone 5 at retail and put it on your account. I have customers that come in all the time and switch from phone to phone like people change their draws.

EW800#AC

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm taking no chances in that department. I'm ordering it on the proper upgrade line, then switching phones later.

I am on Verizon and will be using my wife's upgrade - even have her blessing! :) Can I just order it through her line but then activate it on my line when it comes, or is it necessary to do the transfer upgrade routine?

Thanks!

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Argh. I hope it doesn't happen again. I remember the Apple server blowing up at about 12:04am when I went to preorder my 4s. I never got back until like 3am when I actually managed to place my order. Luckily it still hit my doorstep on launch day. :)

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Look at other threads more than myself have confirmed what I said .. It did work in past but Verizon just updated there system to not allow it .. Shady I know I call a local store and 611 both said same thing

This must be in the past week. I called last week and they confirmed it would work. My wife, who was still on a feature phone until Saturday, though that sounded fishy. She eliminated that option for me, anyway, when she said "Well, 8GB is to small, and if they only have on 16 GB left at $125, I guess it's time!"

hackacrack

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
We just got my wife a white 4S 16 GB this past weekend when she decided that the size I had was perfect. (I traded my 4 to Gazelle) Paid $125 for it, so not bad. Now I am just hoping Best Buy or Target drops the 16 GB to $99 this weekend, I'll go back for the $25 credit, which will immediately go to a new iPod touch for my daughter for Christmas...

4 more hours. Think I am going to take a nap...

Talk to you all again about 2:30 eastern!

I'll be handing down my 4S to my daughter, and sell her ipod touch. so i can get me my IPhone 5 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh