Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zschiffman

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Dreading losing my unlimited data. Anyone know how much data Apple Maps consumes for navigation?
i cant imagine that much. once it loads the data off the top, the gps should just be triggering the steps, not constantly fetching data...unless u change routes.

jvargas92

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm just curious if pre-ordering your iPhone 5 tonight guarantees you an iPhone 5 on launch day. If not, I may camp out at my local store. I've never pre-ordered before. What's it like?
If you are able to pre-order the phone you get it delivered. If you cannot pre-order, but can snag a reservation, then you have a priority over people without a reservation on launch day at your selected Apple Store. But that also depends on availability - if you show up at 3pm instead of lining up by 6am, you may find that your selected Apple Store has sold out of their allotments.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
is it 12am yet!!??? lol My wife just found out I had money stashed away to buy phone. Lol She called me a few names, but she knows I want this one badly so i just had to buy her some chocolate to make her happy hahaha..

I feel your pain. When my girl found out I was dropping $750 on this bad boy, she went off lol. Even went to my mom. Anyway, they simmered down after about 2 weeks of trying to talk me out of it.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've learned about this online ordering is that your odds are better getting the 64GB as the less memory models get snapped up first.

Normally I go white given an option of white and black, but with iPhone 5 I think it's black all the way.

So assuming I stay awake, I'll order a 64GB Black model.

WOW!!! :eek: Crackberry Kevin preordering an iPhone 5!?! I know I'm at work and all but I know I'm not dreaming and hell hasn't froze over lol

Lol just teasing you Kevin. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
is it 12am yet!!??? lol My wife just found out I had money stashed away to buy phone. Lol She called me a few names, but she knows I want this one badly so i just had to buy her some chocolate to make her happy hahaha..

Busted!!! Lol get her one and she'll be alright. ;)

KJowers

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Since I'm a bit bored waiting for launch time.. just wanted to ask the thread if anyone else is like me..

I'm 41.. beautiful wife, 2 great kids.. law degree, happy fulfilling life. No complaints.

However, these days pretty much nothing gets me excited. I've seen most of the world, done the adrenaline sports, owned very nice things, etc, etc, etc. (First world problem.)

However, the one thing that does get me excited like kids on Christmas morning is the annual pilgrimage to the alter of Apple (aka- iPhone keynotes). On the first day iPhone 1 came out a friend showed it to me and I was blown away. Day 2 and I was at the Apple store buying one. When 3G came out and the App Store debuted, I was in line at 4:30 AM on Day 1. For the iPhone 4 I grabbed it Day 2.

For some reason the iPhone brings out my inner child. My wife and friends get quite a few laughs out of it. I think I've converted no less than 25 people to the device. I'm sure there are various reasons but the iPhone has always excited me like no other material thing in the world. Maybe it's because I use it so much. Maybe it's because I can be on vacation, fully in touch with work and net while on the beach and then turn around and film my kids playing in the waves.

Alas, I have babbled. Just wondering if anyone else counts the iPhone as one of the only things they get excited over these days. :)

PS- I'm a long time lurker but just signed up this week. Keep up the great work Rene and crew!

Alas I also share your age and......addiction as it were. Only I forgot to get my law degree somewhere along the way (although for the past 20 years I have been aiding lawyers in making a living since I'm a cop:D).

Reactions: jlake02

the one and only M

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I honestly can't wait! I'll be ordering two white/silver 16 GB versions on Verizon.

This may have already been asked. I'm doing an alternate upgrade so that I could keep my unlimited plan. Does the phone have to be actived on the line it's intended for, or can I just pop in my sim and be off?

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I am upgrading from an iPhone 4 with 16 gb. I know that the camera on the iPhone 5 is much nicer than the 4. Will I need a 32 gb iPhone because of the larger size of pictures and videos? I currently have 8 gb free on my iPhone 4.

My girlfriend is just now running out of space on her 16gb 4S and I don't think she has ever deleted a photo or video in the year that she's had hers. Understandably, the videos take up quite a bit of space as they are full 1080p HD quality.

I take quite a few photos and some videos (well, to me at least...my quick estimation is about 1,000 photos and videos cumulatively over this last 11 months) but I just make sure to offload many of those to cloud storage every month or so. It just seems unnecessary to keep every version of every photo I've ever taken on the phone itself when I rarely ever need to show anyone every single photo all at once.

The Dropbox app makes uploading extremely easy by automatically shooting all of your photos/videos to your specific folder on the cloud whenever you open the app. They also throw in up to I think 3gb extra storage for free just by activating this feature on the app. Overall, it's a really nice feature and between iCloud, Drive, Dropbox, etc... and the apps associated with those services there really isn't any reason why I should EVER run out of space on my 4S...that is until I sell it after I buy a 5 :D

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So I got really mad for a second that I couldn't do data while on a call on Verizon, and then I remembered: it's really not that big of a deal for me. And now I"m happy again.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain. When my girl found out I was dropping $750 on this bad boy, she went off lol. Even went to my mom. Anyway, they simmered down after about 2 weeks of trying to talk me out of it.

If you like I can call the FBI and have you join the Federal Witness Relocation Program.... :D

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I will be preordering a White iPhone 5 32GB! I can't wait, I am so excited for this! I have three alarms set just in case I fall asleep

cableguy619

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I usually get the 16GB version so I put enough away for that and apple care, but I think i will actually go after the 32 GB version this time. I think I will hold out for 2 yrs this time around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen