One thing I've learned about this online ordering is that your odds are better getting the 64GB as the less memory models get snapped up first.

Normally I go white given an option of white and black, but with iPhone 5 I think it's black all the way.

So assuming I stay awake, I'll order a 64GB Black model.
    iRy757 likes this.
    09-13-2012 10:37 PM
    cases for some leftover 3Gs'
    Awesome! I can sell them on ebay lol
    zschiffman likes this.
    09-13-2012 10:37 PM
    cool good article thanks...but still dont trust my stepdaughter!
    09-13-2012 10:38 PM
    I wasn't going to pre-order, but........if I do it will be in white/silver 16gb on verizon. I'm selecting white because I'm gonna win the black one in the Imore contest right? IF I do change my mind on the pre-order (fear of my wife may prevent me LOL) I will still be up most likely since I never sleep......too many nights on third shift (working and partying) in my younger days have completely warped my sleeping habits.
    09-13-2012 10:42 PM
    Can't preorder. Dang upgrade isn't until Oct. 1st! Grrrrrr!!!
    09-13-2012 10:43 PM
    whose running ios6? i'm loving it so far (been on it about a month and a half or so). the GPS is what i've been missing from android for a year.
    09-13-2012 10:43 PM
    CallIng Verizon tonight to make the switch after 15 years with AT&T/Cingular. We have terrible reception at our house and the most Customer Retention would offer was a microcell we purchase at the price of $200. Couple that with nickel and diming for personal hotspot, etc, and the savings we would see buy adding our Verizon iPads to a shared data plan add up to us making the jump to big red
    09-13-2012 10:45 PM
    im not running iOS 6 but my wife is, she says she likes it better than her phone being jailbroken
    lets get this party started riiiight... TIP THE BOTTLE UUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!
    is it 12am yet!!??? lol My wife just found out I had money stashed away to buy phone. Lol She called me a few names, but she knows I want this one badly so i just had to buy her some chocolate to make her happy hahaha..
    zschiffman, hackacrack and rpol86 like this.
    09-13-2012 10:46 PM
    is it 12am yet!!??? lol My wife just found out I had money stashed away to buy phone. Lol She called me a few names, but she knows I want this one badly so i just had to buy her some chocolate to make her happy hahaha..
    give this man a prize please.
    DaPhoneking and cableguy619 like this.
    09-13-2012 10:46 PM
    One thing I've learned about this online ordering is that your odds are better getting the 64GB as the less memory models get snapped up first.

Normally I go white given an option of white and black, but with iPhone 5 I think it's black all the way.

So assuming I stay awake, I'll order a 64GB Black model.
    Wait a minute...Crackberry Kevin is getting an iPhone?! Just kidding. Enjoy it Kevin. I'm staying up to order my 16GB Black 5 on Verizon.
    09-13-2012 10:47 PM
    I am really looking forward to getting my preorder done!!!!!
    im not running iOS 6 but my wife is, she says she likes it better than her phone being jailbroken
    i wouldn't go that far. there are some things a jailbroken phone do that are far better. but it's good. excited for passbook to get started up
    Since I'm a bit bored waiting for launch time.. just wanted to ask the thread if anyone else is like me..

I'm 41.. beautiful wife, 2 great kids.. law degree, happy fulfilling life. No complaints.

However, these days pretty much nothing gets me excited. I've seen most of the world, done the adrenaline sports, owned very nice things, etc, etc, etc. (First world problem.)

However, the one thing that does get me excited like kids on Christmas morning is the annual pilgrimage to the alter of Apple (aka- iPhone keynotes). On the first day iPhone 1 came out a friend showed it to me and I was blown away. Day 2 and I was at the Apple store buying one. When 3G came out and the App Store debuted, I was in line at 4:30 AM on Day 1. For the iPhone 4 I grabbed it Day 2.

For some reason the iPhone brings out my inner child. My wife and friends get quite a few laughs out of it. I think I've converted no less than 25 people to the device. I'm sure there are various reasons but the iPhone has always excited me like no other material thing in the world. Maybe it's because I use it so much. Maybe it's because I can be on vacation, fully in touch with work and net while on the beach and then turn around and film my kids playing in the waves.

Alas, I have babbled. Just wondering if anyone else counts the iPhone as one of the only things they get excited over these days.

PS- I'm a long time lurker but just signed up this week. Keep up the great work Rene and crew!
    I'm watching the bears get rocked while I wait for midnight
    Hey! Don't be dissing my bears lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dreading losing my unlimited data. Anyone know how much data Apple Maps consumes for navigation?
    09-13-2012 10:48 PM
    Can't preorder. Dang upgrade isn't until Oct. 1st! Grrrrrr!!!
    let me take a stab you preordered a 4 with verizon on opening night? i think all those peoples upgrade dates are october 1st which sucks
    I'll be preordering tonight as well but I just can't decide which color to get. Black seems badass but white stands out heh.
    where is everyone selling? i have my 4s price locked in with gazelle but amazon offers almost 100 bucks more....but its via amazon gc
    I locked in on Gazelle on August 20th. got 2/3 of what I paid. And 2/3 of what I will spend tonight. Not bad. $99 for 2 years of an iPhone.

The nice thing was, I was fully expecting to be without a phone for a few days, but on the 20th, they sent me an email saying they extended the trade in date to 10/1 - to make sure I had time to get my iPhone 5!

Second time I've used them, sold them my palm pre back in 2011, and will use them in 2014 to get the then new iPhone!
    zschiffman likes this.
    Dreading losing my unlimited data. Anyone know how much data Apple Maps consumes for navigation?
    i cant imagine that much. once it loads the data off the top, the gps should just be triggering the steps, not constantly fetching data...unless u change routes.
    09-13-2012 10:50 PM
    i wouldn't go that far. there are some things a jailbroken phone do that are far better. but it's good. excited for passbook to get started up
    i know, but thats her, she dont like to hassle with her phone. i didnt want to upgrade to iOS 6 till it was GM.
    zschiffman likes this.
    No simultaneous voice & data over LTE...

Someone else can pre-order my White VZW 64GB
    I'm just curious if pre-ordering your iPhone 5 tonight guarantees you an iPhone 5 on launch day. If not, I may camp out at my local store. I've never pre-ordered before. What's it like?
    If you are able to pre-order the phone you get it delivered. If you cannot pre-order, but can snag a reservation, then you have a priority over people without a reservation on launch day at your selected Apple Store. But that also depends on availability - if you show up at 3pm instead of lining up by 6am, you may find that your selected Apple Store has sold out of their allotments.
    I feel your pain. When my girl found out I was dropping $750 on this bad boy, she went off lol. Even went to my mom. Anyway, they simmered down after about 2 weeks of trying to talk me out of it.
    09-13-2012 10:51 PM
3,016 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD