Do people really have to be the absolute first ones with the new iPhone? I would rather wait and make sure any bugs are worked out of it first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Apple provides a one year manufacturer warranty, if there were to be any bugs in the device as a result of the manufacturer then you are covered as long as there is no physical damage.
    bhortontx likes this.
    09-13-2012 03:40 PM
    2am can't come soon enough
    09-13-2012 03:42 PM
    Woooo! Ryan checking in! I'm at work now, can't wait to get off and relax until the preorder! I'll be joining the iMore community here until we crash the interwebs!

Don't know if anyone covered this yet, but I'm also wondering -- I am preordering and electing "in-store pick-up" and will be at my local Apple Store at about 2:00a-3:00a EST, because I've always wanted to have the iPhone release experience, I'm just preordering so I know I'll have one waiting for me. But if for some reason the servers crash, and I can't get on to preorder, can you actually go to your local Apple Store without preorder and expect to get a phone if I were to go at the time I stated above? I didn't know if they have phones on the shelves or not at Apple or if they're only for preorders.
    09-13-2012 03:46 PM
    Hi everyone. I won't be staying up tonight sadly although it does sound like fun. I'm I'm the UK and I believe 12PT is the middle of the night here. If I'm up it will only be cos one of my 2 kids woke me up. Lol. I'm pre-ordering via O2 as soon as its available and I understand I'll be able to actually get my new iPhone on 21st. I'm thinking white as I've always thought the 4S looked really pretty in white. And I've had a black 4 for 2 years. My upgrade was due in August. Will be the first time I've had a brand new iPhone as soon as its come out. I've always had to wait the last 2 times!
    09-13-2012 03:59 PM
    Hi everyone. I won't be staying up tonight sadly although it does sound like fun. I'm I'm the UK and I believe 12PT is the middle of the night here. If I'm up it will only be cos one of my 2 kids woke me up. Lol. I'm pre-ordering via O2 as soon as its available and I understand I'll be able to actually get my new iPhone on 21st. I'm thinking white as I've always thought the 4S looked really pretty in white. And I've had a black 4 for 2 years. My upgrade was due in August. Will be the first time I've had a brand new iPhone as soon as its come out. I've always had to wait the last 2 times!
    Dude, midnight California time (PDT) is 8 am in the UK...
    09-13-2012 04:13 PM
    Did you have issues with your white Iphone? Im not sure which color I want but I heard that wear and tear is more visible on the white one. What do you think??
    Looks just as the first day I got it. I just think I need a change plus I really think the black iPhone 5 looks sleek!
    09-13-2012 04:14 PM
    Going with AT&T 32GB White. I sold my iPhone 4 to Gazelle and it pays fo rmore than 1/2 of the new phone. Sweet deal!
    tourstagefan likes this.
    09-13-2012 04:17 PM
    Aw man I keep changing my mind and dont know which color I want to go with, The black one looks soooo classy. That did Im going with the Black (I think)
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-13-2012 04:18 PM
    I'm going to attempt a preorder through the apple site for an AT&T one but I'm going to need to pay full retail since I don't have an upgrade. Do you think the apple site will allow me to buy at full price? If not, then I'll probably order from the att site. I just would rather pick it up in store at apple rather than have it shipped to my house since I won't be there to accept it.
    09-13-2012 04:23 PM
    I'm going to attempt a preorder through the apple site for an AT&T one but I'm going to need to pay full retail since I don't have an upgrade. Do you think the apple site will allow me to buy at full price? If not, then I'll probably order from the att site. I just would rather pick it up in store at apple rather than have it shipped to my house since I won't be there to accept it.
    I've been asking around about this because I also am planning to preorder a retail purchase and I've been told on another thread in this forum that you can.

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk
    09-13-2012 04:29 PM
    I have a question. Can I preorder tonight & pick it up at the Apple store on launch day? I've always preordered threw Verizon and had them shipped so I don't known if apple gives an option to pick it up at the store.
    09-13-2012 04:45 PM
    I have a question. Can I preorder tonight & pick it up at the Apple store on launch day? I've always preordered threw Verizon and had them shipped so I don't known if apple gives an option to pick it up at the store.
    When you preordered thru Verizon did you get it on launch day?
    09-13-2012 04:54 PM
    09-13-2012 04:58 PM
    Yes. You receive it that day. They usually ship out a few days early in order to get their on launch day. Last time some people were receiving them early because apple tells fed ex to hold them and not deliver them till launch day but a few always slip threw the crack.
    09-13-2012 05:00 PM
    I'm always still up at 12pm PST so yeah I'll be preordering right away. If the servers allow me too. Was a mess the past 2 years.

I hope you're always up at 12PM... Unless you work night shifts!
    09-13-2012 05:01 PM
    Not sure which launch it was, but there was a launch where the option of reserving and picking up the phone in store was unavailable. The only option given was to have the phone shipped. I think it was the 4S launch. Anyone else recall this?

Also, does anyone know if Apple will ship the phone to an address other than (i.e. work, friend's house) what's on record with your carrier/billing address?
    09-13-2012 05:06 PM
    So here's my setup: 3 computers set up on apple website with express ordering setup, and also on ATT's website. Got my phone with the apple store app just in case. Chrome autofill settings updated.

Alarm set to 2:45 EST? I heard apple is going online at 3:01, anyone know ATT's plan?

Got anymore advice to ensure preoder?

Goin for the black... love the black sides.
    iLoveApple16 likes this.
    09-13-2012 05:21 PM
    ill be here... Not sure what size ill get... ive had a 32 and never filled it up... I have a 16gb 4s now and i have 5 gigs left and i'm happy with it.

BUT WHAT IF I want to do more on this next iPhone hahaha.
    sudbury78#WN and iLoveApple16 like this.
    09-13-2012 05:24 PM
    I will be staying awake until midnight to hopefully get in an order through Verizon as I have a gift card. If that doesnt work like it didn't for the 4, I will order through Apple and apply gift card towards first month bill.

Black 32GB
    09-13-2012 05:26 PM
    I will walk into my neighborhood radio shack tomorrow and order the black 32 and apple care.
    I bought my 4 and 4s there....no fuss no muss. (what the hell is muss?)
    09-13-2012 05:52 PM
    I work 3rd shift so I will be pre-ordering my Vz black iPhone 5 32gb @ 3am EST.
    09-13-2012 05:54 PM
    I will be awake with my keurig waiting till 3 am.
    dsdxp likes this.
    09-13-2012 05:57 PM
    I would love to spend my night here, waiting with you but 12 AM PT is 9 AM in France and it's gonna be just in the middle of my only class of this morning .. There's no way I'll pay attention to my computing lecture xD I'll be to obsessed by my existential question "16GB or 32GB ?" My bank account says me 16GB but my heart says me 32GB x) I'm sure about one thing, it's gonna be a black one !

PS : I apologize for my English >< it's almost midnight and I'm french (yeah I know, that's not an excuse ^^)
    09-13-2012 05:57 PM
    Ok so I've never been apart of the whole preorder process. If I preorder I assume I get it on the 21st, but if I wait and try to order in the morning sometime does that just mean I won't receive shipment until 22nd or later or is it normal that Apple runs out of stock?
    09-13-2012 06:00 PM
    I would love to spend my night here, waiting with you but 12 AM PT is 9 AM in France and it's gonna be just in the middle of my only class of this morning .. There's no way I'll pay attention to my computing lecture xD I'll be to obsessed by my existential question "16GB or 32GB ?" My bank account says me 16GB but my heart says me 32GB x) I'm sure about one thing, it's gonna be a black one !

PS : I apologize for my English >< it's almost midnight and I'm french (yeah I know, that's not an excuse ^^)
    Your English is better than some here in the U.S.
    09-13-2012 06:01 PM
3,016 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD