Yep.

The thing I am most worried is if it will be able to be delivered to my office(and my wife's, respectively) so we can activate them before our weekend getaway.

This dang circus captivates me annually.

Since I'm a bit bored waiting for launch time.. just wanted to ask the thread if anyone else is like me..

I'm 41.. beautiful wife, 2 great kids.. law degree, happy fulfilling life. No complaints.

However, these days pretty much nothing gets me excited. I've seen most of the world, done the adrenaline sports, owned very nice things, etc, etc, etc. (First world problem.)
    09-13-2012 11:01 PM
    Rene: hook your boy up with some Lightning cables and I'm good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    cableguy619 and zschiffman like this.
    AT&T site is "down for maintenance" - they will open pre orders at 12:01 am PST
    4 Hours
    iRy757 likes this.
    Poll time: should I, or should I not, skip my car payment and get the iPhone 5?

This will be quick.... NO! you can always get it later and if you lose your car thats it its gone!
    You have to complete the upgrade on line that has it if you try a alternate you lose unlimited once upgrade is completed then just switch the phone to your line to keep your unlimited
    its really as easy as going through the vzw website and hitting the "transfer upgrade" option. the line ur stealing upgrade from gets a new 2 year deal, ur line gets iphone5, no change to contract
    09-13-2012 11:02 PM
    HAHAHAHAHA. Make your car payment dude.
    ROFLMAO! (Literally) yeah you're probably right

AT&T site is "down for maintenance" - they will open pre orders at 12:01 am PST
    Like Verizon, it is a minute early i.e 12am.
    This will be quick.... NO! you can always get it later and if you lose your car thats it its gone!
    Yeah you're probably right. Damn. And I wanted to be part of the preorder crowd.

09-13-2012 11:04 PM
    ROFLMAO! (Literally) yeah you're probably right

Yeah, that's getting in to the realm of negatively effecting your future bro. The iPhone 5 will be there, your credit however, may not always be there lmao.
    09-13-2012 11:04 PM
    Yeah, that's getting in to the realm of negatively effecting your future bro. The iPhone 5 will be there, your credit however, may not always be there lmao.
    not to mention your credit can hurt you getting phones down the line haaha
    09-13-2012 11:05 PM
    its really as easy as going through the vzw website and hitting the "transfer upgrade" option. the line ur stealing upgrade from gets a new 2 year deal, ur line gets iphone5, no change to contract
    No it's not I have called asked today it won't work try it right now with another device say a 4g phone it pops up say unlimited not available ..
    Verizon updated there system to detect this
    I will be getting a Black IPhone 32GB Sprint. i know i know sprint... but its very good in Austin, and they are in an area that will get LTE...
    I agree the black looks much better than the white
    I don't know, I have a black 4S and have never even once considered a white iPhone but for some reason I'm just really captivated by how that white metal back on the new one almost seems to "disappear"

I just remember watching the video last night where they had one floating/spinning and it just seemed so interesting to me...I'm actually really confused now on which color I want to get...I think I definitely need to see one in person before I buy but I doubt we'll get to see any demo models before launch right?
    09-13-2012 11:06 PM
    One thing I've learned about this online ordering is that your odds are better getting the 64GB as the less memory models get snapped up first.

Normally I go white given an option of white and black, but with iPhone 5 I think it's black all the way.

So assuming I stay awake, I'll order a 64GB Black model.
    Wait a minute...Crackberry Kevin is getting an iPhone?! Just kidding. Enjoy it Kevin. I'm staying up to order my 16GB Black 5 on Verizon.
    WOW!!! Crackberry Kevin preordering an iPhone 5!?! I know I'm at work and all but I know I'm not dreaming and hell hasn't froze over lol

Lol just teasing you Kevin.

Pshhhh, we all know Kevin is just here for the prizes.. Duhhh.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    Poll time: should I, or should I not, skip my car payment and get the iPhone 5?

Considering your phone can't get you to and from your job, make the car payment.
    Lol yeah good point. But the gov better not take a whole lotta tax out of my award check

No it's not I have called asked today it won't work try it right now with another device say a 4g phone it pops up say unlimited not available ..
    Verizon updated there system to detect this
    there have been multiple articles with quotes from verizon reps saying it will keep.
    there have been multiple articles with quotes from verizon reps saying it will keep.
    Ok good luck .. Go try it just trying to warn you
    09-13-2012 11:07 PM
    Ok good luck .. Go try it just trying to warn you
    i'm paying full retail, but have done it before
    09-13-2012 11:08 PM
    i know what you mean, i asked my wife if she wanted the new one and she said no, because the 4s fits nice in her small hands and she done want a bigger one. i was like, oh well better for me, i have to waste less mula!
    We just got my wife a white 4S 16 GB this past weekend when she decided that the size I had was perfect. (I traded my 4 to Gazelle) Paid $125 for it, so not bad. Now I am just hoping Best Buy or Target drops the 16 GB to $99 this weekend, I'll go back for the $25 credit, which will immediately go to a new iPod touch for my daughter for Christmas...

4 more hours. Think I am going to take a nap...

Talk to you all again about 2:30 eastern!
    09-13-2012 11:09 PM
    I'm taking no chances in that department. I'm ordering it on the proper upgrade line, then switching phones later.
    09-13-2012 11:09 PM
    i'm paying full retail, but have done it before
    Look at other threads more than myself have confirmed what I said .. It did work in past but Verizon just updated there system to not allow it .. Shady I know I call a local store and 611 both said same thing
    09-13-2012 11:10 PM
    I will be staying up tonight to pre-order.
    I have the 4 now so I'm psyched about owning the 5!
    I'm going with the 64GB blacked out on AT&T.

And I'm here in my Jammies tonight to join in the fun!
    09-13-2012 11:10 PM
    so i asked this question earlier, but just to get a second opinion as this thread seems lively...

say you have vzw and your line is eligible for upgrade, and you're going to preorder the iPhone 5, which website do you do it through? vzw or apple?
    09-13-2012 11:11 PM
3,016 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD