Same Verizon LTE sim card as my SG3?

jkmasi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the iPhone 5 will take the same 4g LTE card as my SG3 on Verizon? I love the ability to switch back and forth easily between devices. Would like to pre-order the iPhone, but only if I can swap devices any time I want. Not giving up my SG3, but I do miss some things about my iPhone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The new iPhone (5) will use the nano-SIM... which is the smallest of the 3 formats. Not sure what the SG3 uses... as a point of reference, mini micro-SIM was what the iPhone 4/4S used.

corrected the terminology for the iPhone 4/4S SIM size.

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The new iPhone (5) will use the nano-SIM... which is the smallest of the 3 formats. Not sure what the SG3 uses... as a point of reference, mini-SIM was what the iPhone 4/4S used.

The iPhone 4/4S use the micro-SIM. The mini-SIM is the size up from that that most other phones have been using for years and years.

jkmasi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
No it is a nano sim. Smaller than what you are using now. You can however pick up a sim adapter.

So, do you mean that I could take the nano sim (we are talking Verizon's LTE/4G sim, right?) from the iPhone 5, and stick it in an adapter to use it with my Galaxy SG3? What I want to avoid is having to get a new sim every time I swap handsets,so I want to be able to keep the same LTE chip/sim activated always - just in different phones

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So, do you mean that I could take the nano sim (we are talking Verizon's LTE/4G sim, right?) from the iPhone 5, and stick it in an adapter to use it with my Galaxy SG3? What I want to avoid is having to get a new sim every time I swap handsets,so I want to be able to keep the same LTE chip/sim activated always - just in different phones

Correct. This is exactly what I mean.

Reactions: jkmasi

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I hope the Verizon stores have enough nano-sims in stock. I might have to activate mine then swamp it to my real primary line then add the additional iPad LTE on that original number. Unless I can just activate the # with the iPad and its included SIM then activate my iPhone on my primary #.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro