iPhone 5 haters bewilder me

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's my point, no other hardware company is making or have made anything revolutionary. And every year Apple makes fine refinements in the software as well as the hardware improving upon the ground work which they have already laid.

This is exactly what I was trying to get across in the other thread that just had trolls running rampant...what revolutionary phone has come out this year? Define revolutionary? Is a 4.8" screen revolutionary? Hell...we could slap a 5" screen on a Samsung flip phone, would that make the phone the "next great thing"?

Apple brings to the table the changes people really wanted, retained what people loved about the iPhone, and gave us a phone that is cosmetically beautiful (in my opinion)...and people still complain that its drab, boring and "nothing new". What do you want? A giraffe shaped phone with solar panels and a RED developed IMAX camera?

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not disappointed in the phone. If I had the $ I'd buy it but I'm not super impressed with it. I'm not hating but I'm just going to stick with my 4S unless I come across the 5 cheaper then full retail. I'd like to have 4G but it's not worth 750 bucks

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
This is exactly what I was trying to get across in the other thread that just had trolls running rampant...what revolutionary phone has come out this year? Define revolutionary? Is a 4.8" screen revolutionary? Hell...we could slap a 5" screen on a Samsung flip phone, would that make the phone the "next great thing"?

Apple brings to the table the changes people really wanted, retained what people loved about the iPhone, and gave us a phone that is cosmetically beautiful (in my opinion)...and people still complain that its drab, boring and "nothing new". What do you want? A giraffe shaped phone with solar panels and a RED developed IMAX camera?

Yup, it's getting exhausting honestly. They run their mouths then when you post these questions they start to backpedal. Just not worth even trying to debate.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
they are a unique breed, that's for sure. they rattle off their diarrhea of the keyboard and if you disagree with them then you are an instant fanboy. if i go to a Toyota forum saying how crappy Toyota's are and Honda's are better, i know what to expect. why is that so difficult to figure out??

i'll never know why they think their words matter

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
they are a unique breed, that's for sure. they rattle off their diarrhea of the keyboard and if you disagree with them then you are an instant fanboy. if i go to a Toyota forum saying how crappy Toyota's are and Honda's are better, i know what to expect. why is that so difficult to figure out??

i'll never know why they think their words matter

And sadly they will always exist.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
And this whole NFC thing, I have a Galaxy Nexus and besides sending an occasional picture - it's useless in this point of time. Even in a year or two it will be useless, more than likely.

Okay, now I'm done.

True dat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I honestly believe if there wouldn't have been so many leaks about the design/features that folks wouldn't be so disappointed. Seems like many of the haters are newer to Apple's philosophy as well. They're not a company that changes things for the sake of change. They find something that works well and tweak until new technology is available to advance to the next level.

I for one am not disappointed. I'll pre-order tonight. Just torn on which color to get.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly enough, this all goes back to something kch50428 said about a month ago...those that search for something to be disappointed about will be disappointed. It doesn't get any more accurate than that. People who expected to be disappointed will be, it's just the nature of approaching something in a pessimistic way.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I watched the iPhone video yesterday on apples website and it's gorgeous I can't wait to get it.

Beamed from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

tbaptista

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Here is the funny thing. I love my 4s and had a droid X years ago. The funny thing is how many Apple folks that I showed my DX to all said "what a stupid screen, who would want a tall narrow screen, how does that fit in your pocket....

Now the iPhone 5 is out with a tall a narrow screen but it is fine with all the apple lovers.

Why the double standard?

Personally, I loved having the long screen on the DX and look forward to getting a 5s with a long screen (no upgrade available to me until late summer 2013)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Here is the funny thing. I love my 4s and had a droid X years ago. The funny thing is how many Apple folks that I showed my DX to all said "what a stupid screen, who would want a tall narrow screen, how does that fit in your pocket....

Now the iPhone 5 is out with a tall a narrow screen but it is fine with all the apple lovers.

Why the double standard?

Personally, I loved having the long screen on the DX and look forward to getting a 5s with a long screen (no upgrade available to me until late summer 2013)

so you're taking your personal experience and applying it to ALL and EVERYONE? try again

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Why the double standard?

I always thought the Droid X had a pretty great screen, it was the chassis of that phone that i found a bit humorous. I mean there's no doubt some people are going to have a double standard, but i don't recall many people complaining so much about the X's screen size as much as it's oddly shaped rear panel (where the camera was elevated from the flatter portion of the back). The Droid X was actually one of the first Android phones i sat back and went "There's some competition!"

Joemhz

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I believe that one of the major dislikes is the fact that the screen is not wider. Is wider better?? Maybe not. In portrait mode on a 4 inch plus android device keyboard is not really any better. The apple keyboard appears to me to be easier to use and more accurate. In portrait mode the bigger screens win out. If you use the phone In portrait mode most of the time the iPhone is a winner.

When the developers alter their aps to fit the wide portrait mode, I think the wider is better argument will go away. The iPhone has been a slow evolution on to ultimate perfection.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
call me crazy but shouldn't the haters at least have it in hand before they start hating on it??

proof they hate just to hate - BOOM!

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
At one time I had a 4in Incredible. Loved loved the size. Not too big, not too small... it was just right.

I was hoping for a 4incher.. but am willing to try the tallboy. :D

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Lots of people hate apple because of the blind devotion of isheep and the associated arrogance. Note, owning an iphone does not make you an isheep. Buying it just because its an iphone, without ever even knowing what else is out there, is what defines someone as an isheep. If its what works best for you and what you like best, go forth and enjoy. Just stop trying to tell everyone that its innovative, groundbreaking and revolutionary. Every new feature they are touting on apple.com has been available on android for some time. Bigger screen, lte, 8 hours talk time, panorama, stills during video - all available on android already.

I should point out that I carry a blackberry 9930 because its what I need and nothing can do it faster or more efficiently. It has terrible app selection, but does have the 5-6 apps I really need. Its no fun at all. The screen is tiny. I get laughed at because of it. Funny thing, when I show people everything it can do now compared to a bb from even two years ago, they start thinking it might make their own work lives a little easier and more productive.

Anyhow, I don't hate the iphone. Its certainly an awesome device, very smooth, integrates well in the whole apple environment. But there are a bunch of awesome devices out there and the 5 is just playing catch up, which it did and is now at the top, along with others.

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It isn't always this. See, the iPhone 5 unlocked (16GB) costs a lot of money, but the nexus 4 unlocked is $350 (16GB). Besides the nexus having no LTE, most people will see no difference in both phones, and why to buy the nexus 4 over the iPhone. And also some like the brand, like you guys with apple, and me with nokia.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It isn't always this. See, the iPhone 5 unlocked (16GB) costs a lot of money, but the nexus 4 unlocked is $350 (16GB). Besides the nexus having no LTE, most people will see no difference in both phones, and why to buy the nexus 4 over the iPhone. And also some like the brand, like you guys with apple, and me with nokia.

The common consumer won't notice those differences. They'll obviously take screen size into
consideration. Enthusiasts like us and people over at Crackberry, Android Central, and so forth
look at every nook and cranny when it comes to these things and we develop a certain brand
loyalty, yes. And now whenever Apple releases a product there is nothing but hate if it isn't praise.

I remember when the iPhone 4 was announced and there was so much utter hate over at CB and
many of the tech blogs. That stuff has really boiled over into the more mainstream media and
financial media. All these forecasters that see nothing but doom for Apple stand to make money
when spreading their garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73