Everyone is talking about AT&T and Verizon. I want to talk about the Sprint iPhone 5.

I want to know for those of you that are getting an iPhone 5 for pre order, where are you going and why, Sprint or Apple, or does it even make a difference. Are you able to order Apple Care while ordering your phone online from both?

Are you just going to wait until the 21st and go into a store?

I am not sure if the corporate Sprint stores are going to have a reserve the iPhone in store($50 gift card used to reserve phones) for the iPhone or not, like they did with the Palm Pre, HTC EVO, etc. I talked to the Manager of the store and she told me she didn't know yet if they are allowing it or not.

That is why I might just pre order.

So what is everyone doing and where are you buying your new Sprint iPhone 5?
    09-13-2012 08:42 AM
    I'm with VZ and this year im going with their website vs apple's. Last year i woke up at 3AM EST only to find the apple site crashing and was unable to order the phone until 6am EST (why did i wake up early for right?). In my opinion going to the carrier's website = a smaller pool of people ordering the device.
    When it comes to apple care, im pretty sure you'll be able to order it right there and then. Worst case scenario, you have 30 days to go to apple and buy it.
    09-13-2012 08:48 AM
    I have friends with SPRINT and I must tell you at least in NewYork and Chicago, the service is terrible. Lots of dropped calls and text messages that dont show up until you make or receive a phone call. I have had ATT since day 1 of the iphone and they are getting better
    09-13-2012 09:03 AM
    I have friends with SPRINT and I must tell you at least in NewYork and Chicago, the service is terrible. Lots of dropped calls and text messages that dont show up until you make or receive a phone call. I have had ATT since day 1 of the iphone and they are getting better
    I forgot to mention I have been with Sprint for almost 14 years. Service in my area is great, I am right near a tower. Plus my plan I have with 3 phone's, AT&T and Verizon are 50 to 75 dollars more a month. Plus my plan already has a 4s on it. So no changing.
    09-13-2012 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD