Something 'more'...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Be honest, really honest, were you expecting something 'more' from Apple today in relation to the iPhone 5 release, i.e. specs, looks etc.?

I'm not sure why exactly, but I was seriously looking for something 'more'. I do wonder if all the 'rumour' images, specs and the likes over the past few weeks have left me a little (in the voice of Gru's Mum) "Eh". Maybe I was simply expecting Apple to present something TOTOALLY different to all those rumour mills out there to say, "Ha, you know nothing, we tricked you..."

Anyway, share your thoughts...

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'd have liked to see more from Apple of how it integrates into the ecosystem better. Better integration with ipad, apple tv, etc. Something more about airplay.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I expected there to be something completely new about iOS 6 to be unveiled yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't expecting anything that wasn't there...new form factor, new internals, new features, new iOS, new performance...it's an entirely new phone, with the same draw that made me love all the other iPhones.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I'm with ya mate. Bit slimmer, bit quicker, bit bigger screen, bit better front camera, bit lighter.

All good evolution features and enough to justify it as a new phone rather than just internal upgrades

But where was the OMG! Moment? You know the retina display moment. Heck even the Siri moment!

I guess you can't revolutionise every time but then again they have got a 2yr dev cycle going on the totally new phones side (I'm not counting s versions that's internal upgrades). Surely enough time for at least one totally killer new thing....

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm with ya mate. Bit slimmer, bit quicker, bit bigger screen, bit better front camera, bit lighter.

All good evolution features and enough to justify it as a new phone rather than just internal upgrades

But where was the OMG! Moment? You know the retina display moment. Heck even the Siri moment!

I guess you can't revolutionise every time but then again they have got a 2yr dev cycle going on the totally new phones side (I'm not counting s versions that's internal upgrades). Surely enough time for at least one totally killer new thing....

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

It's a solid upgrade. Perhaps it's lacking the flair of previous announcements... but Jobs was the master of the presentation... Tim Cook seems to be running the company well, but he definitely lacks that special something that Steve Jobs had. Still the same great products, but now without the Jobsian presentation style. It is what it is. I'm buying a phone and not a presentation show style.

The "meh" attitude that I'm reading abou is, IMHO, partly the lack of flair and the fact that with all the leaks, there wasn't anything new compared to what we had heard was coming. But that doesn't mean that there isn't anything new compared with what we previously had.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Be honest, really honest, were you expecting something 'more' from Apple today in relation to the iPhone 5 release, i.e. specs, looks etc.?

I'm not sure why exactly, but I was seriously looking for something 'more'. I do wonder if all the 'rumour' images, specs and the likes over the past few weeks have left me a little (in the voice of Gru's Mum) "Eh". Maybe I was simply expecting Apple to present something TOTOALLY different to all those rumour mills out there to say, "Ha, you know nothing, we tricked you..."

Anyway, share your thoughts...

For me, I suppose that because of the rumors & leaks, there was nothing to expect except to confirm whether or not the rumors & leaks were true and obviously they were.

mummer43

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Should have been wider. I would like to see it be able to fit an extra icon on the side like the added to the length. It looks too long.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's a solid upgrade. Perhaps it's lacking the flair of previous announcements... but Jobs was the master of the presentation... Tim Cook seems to be running the company well, but he definitely lacks that special something that Steve Jobs had. Still the same great products, but now without the Jobsian presentation style. It is what it is. I'm buying a phone and not a presentation show style.

The "meh" attitude that I'm reading abou is, IMHO, partly the lack of flair and the fact that with all the leaks, there wasn't anything new compared to what we had heard was coming. But that doesn't mean that there isn't anything new compared with what we previously had.

I don't know that Jobs could have even delivered a wow moment given what was presented.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods