Black & Slate or White & Silver

Which Awesome iPhone color!

• Total voters

kartz4u

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a black but somehow feel colors are actually richer on the white. Is it due to the white frame black screen contrast? Used to wonder if black is boring sometimes. Also all these articles in iMore - they tend to use white for the most and it looks stunning. The cnet iphone 5 review also uses white and wow.. it looks really great there as well. Anybody here who used black previously and now on white iPhone 5 share the same thoughts?

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
A month has past since everyone got their hands on the phone.
And the ratio is still about the same.
Black FTW!
xD

Last edited:

rlboard

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I share the same thought exactly. I have always had a black phone and this is my first white phone. I was very apprehensive at first about purchasing a white phone. But let me tell you what....I love this phone. The color is fabulous and I have no regrets!

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I agree, I actually had a black iPhone 5 16GB and I ended up returning it for a 32GB white one because that's all they had at AT&T , at first I was pissed because I loved the black one but now I'm SO happy I went with white, they use ceramic inlays for the white on the back and they only use pigmented glass on the back of the black ones, I feel those are a little cheaper looking. And I totally agree about the color saturation with the white one- coming directly from black to white that was the first thing I noticed, how the colors are so much more vibrant on the white one.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Hen1rietta234

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Classy and sleek. Perfect for the new fashion these days.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

NERDYSTYLEZ

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
i kinda wish i ordered the black now....my bro just got his in black and it looks sleeker, but i like how the white and silver looks in pics Ive seen, i guess i have to wait this week to see it in person.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Those with black iphones since the kaunch, how does your phone look like now? Scuffs and all?

Pretty much the same other than the scuffs that were noticeable after a week. After time, you stop worrying about it knowing you can swap it out later. The screen is amazing. It's thin, light, good quality, screaming fast. That's what matters. Apple filled in all the boxes all I wanted checked with this one. It's a keeper unlike the 4S which you knew you'd upgrade for LTE.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had black iPhone's since getting my 3GS back in 2009.

I initially got the black & slate in the iPhone 5 but I later returned it and got the white & silver.

For me, there is too little of a difference in colour between the black and the slate. Whereas the white and silver looks really good.

I think Apple should have kept things simple and offered white and silver, and black and silver. I think the black would have looked a lot better if it were in black and silver rather than black and slate.

I'll be stopping with white and silver while Apple keeps the current iPhone design, when they change it, I might then pre-order one in each colour so as I can see with my own eyes which colour I like best. The pictures on the internet are different to what the iPhone looks like once you receive it I find.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I went with the white and sliver because the black and slate one on display in the phone store had all the black anodizing coming off at the bottom where it was rubbing on the display stand.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I went with the white and sliver because the black and slate one on display in the phone store had all the black anodizing coming off at the bottom where it was rubbing on the display stand.

The black and slate does show scrapes, scratches a lot more than the white and silver model. I saw a few iPhone's in an Apple Store and the white and silver ones were unmarked, but the black and slate had scratches on them. Granted they would have got all kinds of abuse in the store.

MzDee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Originally had the black and slate because the AT&T stores in my area had no whites in and I didn't feel like waiting. Sold it like a month later and got a white and silver.

Sent from my amazing iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73