Black & Slate or White & Silver

Which Awesome iPhone color!

• Total voters

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
One of each.

I bought the Black/ Slate and bought a White and Silver for the wife on Friday. She wanted black, but there was only one left in the store and she had told me that if needed, she would go with a white one.

She now wants a pink otterbox though....

A pink slate one would have been boss all the way lol. I'd have gotten one like that, and rode out all the man jokes without a glance at anyone lol.

That being said, I got the white one. I would have gotten either, but this was the only one they had in South Carolina a couple days ago lol.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Initially I thought Black looked so much better and if I decided to sell the 4s then black is the way I would go.

However I've since read lots of reports suggesting that the black metal band chips and scratches revealing bright steel underneath. It looks horrendous and apparantly occurs even with light and careful use age.

With this in mind I think white is the safer choice. As the band is already metal coloured any scratches or dinks are much less noticeable. My missus got a white one and has had it for a day. It has already picked up a tiny scratch on the band. God knows how she didn't even take it outside... Either way it is barely noticeable but would stick out like a sore thumb on the black model.

I have added a pick to illustrate what I mean

pu9y9e8u.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Despite the scuff problem, I still like my choice in the black & slate..

Had planned on babying it but just handling it normal now- why pay for insurance if you don't end up swapping at some point anyway?

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Sooooo glad I got the white!!! Reports are pouring in all over about scuffs on the black/slate model. I really like the white one so far. My black bumper came in today and it looks OK, but is just temporary until more cases come out and I have some options...

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
I have, in the past, always favored the white models- but the new black/slate option is so friggin' slick... I just cant believe how much I love it lol. I dont think I will be able to put any cases on this bad boy.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I was planning on getting a white one until I saw the new design. I think the white looks better than the black with the glass back. But the new aluminum backing the black/slate looks better to me. The white/silver looks exactly like my MBP...love the way it looks but I don't want my phone to look the same..

thewolfsage

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I used to not care what color iPhone I got since I like both the black and white iDevices. Then I saw the Darth Vader black iPhone 5 and knew right away that I was the color I wanted.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal