What happened to the event stream today?

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
A lot of sites advertised that they were going to be streaming the event but I couldn't find one doing it. Was the event blocked from being streamed? I sat and watched an hour of live blogs.

Overall, very happy with what I saw!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A lot of sites advertised that they were going to be streaming the event but I couldn't find one doing it. Was the event blocked from being streamed? I sat and watched an hour of live blogs.

Overall, very happy with what I saw!

I don't know but I, too, couldn't find a reliable stream until I happened to stumble onto CNN.com. Initially, I was watching CNET Live via the UStream app prior to the start of the event and the next thing I knew, the stream froze on the screen and after that, I was unable to reconnect to the CNET Live stream or the other alleged Live streams of the Apple Keynote event. My internet or Wi-Fi connection was definitely not the culprit.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No streaming from Apple... but Leo Laporte and the group at TWiT did an excellent job keeping up with the live blogs and doing a live broadcast. They even had a Tim Cook puppet doing re-enactments of key moments in the announcement.

GDGT, CNET, Engadget, MacWorld all had reliable live blogs and/or broadcast events during the announcement.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I used cnet on my iPhone, MacLife on my iPad. Cnet was responding faster, but Susie and Florence over at MacLife did a great job. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No streaming from Apple... but Leo Laporte and the group at TWiT did an excellent job keeping up with the live blogs and doing a live broadcast. They even had a Tim Cook puppet doing re-enactments of key moments in the announcement.

GDGT, CNET, Engadget, MacWorld all had reliable live blogs and/or broadcast events during the announcement.

You are so right, my friend. The live "blogs" were reliable & up to the minute.