Why are Android users so upset by the 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As a Note 2 user, I am not upset by the 5 at all. The 5 is a great phone for people whose needs are met by that device.

What I am upset about.... is AAPL. Dam, I am getting taken to the woodshed. Bought at 550, rode it up to 705 and now I am upsidedown at 509. :(

BTW... I have a MBPR, ATV and an iPad (for some reason I prefer android when it comes to phones)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
As a Note 2 user, I am not upset by the 5 at all. The 5 is a great phone for people whose needs are met by that device.

What I am upset about.... is AAPL. Dam, I am getting taken to the woodshed. Bought at 550, rode it up to 705 and now I am upsidedown at 509. :(

BTW... I have a MBPR, ATV and an iPad (for some reason I prefer android when it comes to phones)

Keep riding...I'm a bit upset as well, but it'll go back up this year (maybe not to 705 though...*sad face*...i was so close to selling in September.)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
How do you share videos with other iPhone users?

The app Bump allows iphone users to share pics, music, videos, and other files by simply bumping phones. And for those who don't rely on gimmicks, there are the old fashioned texting, emailing, uploading to youtube and providing the link, etc....

Redbird1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

Don't worry, it should come back. Now might be the time to buy more!

If it makes you feel better, I bought some at 600.

RicHerdez

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I find all of these Iphone v sg3 ios v android funny. everything is a matter of opinion when it comes down to it. everyone has a difference in opinion and preference of what they like need or want in a phone. people who love this and hate that only say so because they have found a product that has suited there needs more than the other one. while the person on the other side of the fence has done the same with theirs . i dont condone the bashing but do find it fun to read once in a while. I was an early android adopter loved it then for the fun customizing and openess. i will always love it for that. now i have an iPhone 5 and i am loving the cleanliness and smooth ui. i am happy with both os' . so to each his/her own. What ever floats your boat. be kind and rewind.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I will tell you why they are upset because despite all the talk about how superior the GS3 and Note2 are to the iphone 5, there are crucial functions that they cant do. I asked a simple question in a thread about the Note2 on Android Central

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/239984-just-dumped-idevice-got-gnote-2-a.html

Can the phone voice navigate from your address book. Can you press the home button and say "navigate to..." and the navigation will start up. I tried that on my JB gs3 and does not pick up the name and associated address from my contacts.

I have yet to get an answer. I would think that the ability to voice navigate your contacts would be a big deal!!! Would it not? I tried doing it on a Jelly Bean GS3 and could not. Maybe Kilofox can weigh in?

RicHerdez

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
My wife has the Razr M with JB and this navigate to contact thing was annoying me because i hadnt thought of trying it. so as soon as she got home i swiped her phone from her and pressed the microphone and said "navigate to mom" and it started up navigation and navigated to the monster in laws :) it also lets you "message mom, i'll be there soon!"

anywho there will never be an end to the arguements of which is better because most are incapable of realizing other peoples needs are different than there own.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the Razr M with JB and this navigate to contact thing was annoying me because i hadnt thought of trying it. so as soon as she got home i swiped her phone from her and pressed the microphone and said "navigate to mom" and it started up navigation and navigated to the monster in laws :) it also lets you "message mom, i'll be there soon

Could you please give me a step-by-step of how you did it. Did you go from the google now menu after you press and hold the home button? Or did you go from the microphone on the nav menu? Or did you go from the microphone on the google search box from the home screen?

Sent from my iPhone 7

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe this will be a manufacturers overlay (MotoBlur vs Touchwiz) discrepancy and less about Android or JB.

Mellimel22

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
All androids can do that feature lol. I was doing that since ICS

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well it is not doing it on my GS3. I even posted a specific thread on it on Android Central and no one has showed me how to do it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=240589

180 views and not one person could show me how to do it and yet there are some here claiming it can be done on ICS. My brother has an ATRIX 2 on ICS and his phone cannot voice navigate from contacts.

Sent from my iPhone 7

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well it is not doing it on my GS3. I even posted a specific thread on it on Android Central and no one has showed me how to do it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=240589

180 views and not one person could show me how to do it and yet there are some here claiming it can be done on ICS. My brother has an ATRIX 2 on ICS and his phone cannot voice navigate from contacts.

Sent from my iPhone 7

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
All androids can do that feature lol. I was doing that since ICS

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Not exactly. Skins have been known to break pure Android functions. What you may be able to do with your Nexus doesn't by any stretch of the imagination mean that Samsung was able to properly accomplish the same task after adding TouchWiz over top of either ICS or JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.