Why are Android users so upset by the 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
In context, you can see that the original question stated specifically about a DEDICATED LED on the FRONT of the phone. Using the camera flash as a makeshift LED is definitely not the same thing.

Which is exactly what I said.
It's just not a dedicated LED on the front, but the flash LED on the back. It flashes three times when you get a notification, rather than being a little red light that just stays on. Someone at work uses it, and it freaks people out whenever it goes off.

Last edited:

emery66

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
As a current android user I am not upset at all. In fact I liked it, I liked it alot! I liked it so much I didn't order one, I ordered nine! All of our employees had various android devices, and they were ok but they were all different. It gets really old managing all the different versions of android and different shells (touchwiz,motoblur, etc.) You get really tired of the How do I do this questions that you can't answer without seeing the device. Now everyone will be on the same consistent and stable platform. We were sold on the 5 as soon as we saw it. I even like the new connector. I always hated the wide 30 pin connector on my ipod. Apple ready or not here we come! Goodbye android!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was not replying to the original question, but to the post that I quoted, which claimed that there were NO LED notifications. I was simply clarifying the facts, and clearly stated that it was not the same as having a dedicated LED on the front. You may have been aware of it, but you did not say it, so your post was inaccurate as it was worded. You don't have to be so defensive about it. I just thought some people might find the information useful. I live with a hearing-impaired person, so it is important for us, even if you don't care.

I wasn't involved in this LED discussion at all... and I wasn't defensive... I was simply pointing out that you were answering a question that wasn't asked.

Let's move on, shall we?

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't involved in this LED discussion at all... and I wasn't defensive... I was simply pointing out that you were answering a question that wasn't asked.

Let's move on, shall we?

Sorry, I conflated your post with someone else's. My bad. I amended my earlier one. Wasn't trying to answer a question, just providing relevant information for anyone who might stumble upon the thread, and I thought I made the distinction clear, but apparently not clear enough. But yes, let's move along...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Scores of posts all over FB by Android users how uneventful and stupid the iPhone 5 is by Android users. If they claim their own OS and phones are so much superior why such an outcry? It floor me how upset they are by todays announcement.

I really have a hard time figuring it out as well. After using the Galaxy Nexus for awhile now I've decided that they are practically exactly the same.

Thegreatone3

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
As a current Razr Maxx owner, I wasn't upset by the iPhone 5 at all. In fact, I'll very likely be buying one. There are a few of us who love both iPhone and Android. I enjoy hopping back and forth to get a taste of both worlds. :)

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
As a current Razr Maxx owner, I wasn't upset by the iPhone 5 at all. In fact, I'll very likely be buying one. There are a few of us who love both iPhone and Android. I enjoy hopping back and forth to get a taste of both worlds. :)

I'm in the same boat I switch back in forth every couple of months and I just bought the gs3 and now I see the 5 and want it!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I love my galaxy nexus with jellybean and find it the most efficient phone I've ever used because of its use of notifications, gmail app, and google maps. However the camera stinks in low light, the battery life is poor when using lte primarily and the phone reception is lousy. If I had a definitive date for the 920, I might purchase that, but I don't so I'll be preordering the 5 for Verizon. I already have a nano sim adapter so I plan on switching between the iPhone and galaxy until I decide which is best for me. I really hope the iPhones indoor low light shots are good.

the 920 will be released on att october 21st per multiple outlets...

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I dont understand it either. I go back and forth all the time as well. I will be returning the Atrix HD that I have now and getting the iphone.

mtruman42

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been an Android user for several years and still will be - for 6 more days. I've been totally fed up with the horrible performance and constant issues with my Droid X2 that I've been waiting for this day for a while. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept of Android - it just isn't working. I'm a software engineer and don't have any fear of rooting my phone to try to fix problems, but why?? I've had this phone for 10 months and hated it for the last 6. A lot of the current issues might be solved by ICS, but VZ and Moto decided that 6 months after bringing out a brand new phone model that it will NEVER get an OS upgrade. Really?? iOS 6 will be available on all iPhone models back to the 3 - next week. That's how to support your customers. I had my iPhone 5 on pre-order at 3:13ET last night and as of next Friday will be an iPhone owner forever. Just hope some of those loyal Android fanboys are looking for a like-new DX2 when it goes on eBay next week...

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Scores of posts all over FB by Android users how uneventful and stupid the iPhone 5 is by Android users. If they claim their own OS and phones are so much superior why such an outcry? It floor me how upset they are by todays announcement.

It's because every Android phone comes with a free bottle of Hatter-aid and the sip on it and like to hate on everything iPhone from its buyers to the phone itself. There are so many different android phones that come out, then once you buy the best one, a new one comes out not long after with a few different features and automatically makes their phone old and obsolete. The iPhone usually puts any android phone to shame, so they won't admit it, they'll just keep hating

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
As a current android user I am not upset at all. In fact I liked it, I liked it alot! I liked it so much I didn't order one, I ordered nine! All of our employees had various android devices, and they were ok but they were all different. It gets really old managing all the different versions of android and different shells (touchwiz,motoblur, etc.) You get really tired of the How do I do this questions that you can't answer without seeing the device. Now everyone will be on the same consistent and stable platform. We were sold on the 5 as soon as we saw it. I even like the new connector. I always hated the wide 30 pin connector on my ipod. Apple ready or not here we come! Goodbye android!

Welcome on-board son!
That's the beauty of Apple.
Because we have large consumer base. There's really a crazy load of benefits
like one you mentioned above. It's consistent.
2) If you're out of juice and desperately need it. Pop by any Apple retailers and steal some juice :p I did it twice in 7months lol.
3) Cases. All innovative designs flood the iPhone market. Although I hate cases a lot. They take the beauty off my iPhone.
4) Quality. Customer Support is top notch. Your phone is failing? No problem. Let's swap a new one for you!
5) It's features last. at least two years before it becomes obsolete.
6) Re-sale value to upgrade. Depreciates at most 60%.

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Apple never stole from the competition. All Apple has done is limit the competition. When a company invented something, what did Apple do? They bought. This way, Apple theoretically invented everything. These are usually the companies that licenses out their patent to other companies. It's explained on Steve Job's Bio. Steve Job was almost too smart to buy out all those companies.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Apple never stole from the competition. All Apple has done is limit the competition. When a company invented something, what did Apple do? They bought. This way, Apple theoretically invented everything. These are usually the companies that licenses out their patent to other companies. It's explained on Steve Job's Bio. Steve Job was almost too smart to buy out all those companies.

Your source is from a person who wanted to nuke an OS development. I consider that kind of insane.

And yes Apple did steal some ideas, just not all of them.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat I switch back in forth every couple of months and I just bought the gs3 and now I see the 5 and want it!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dude we are phonejunkie's we like the newest and best tech i go back and forth as well its like every 4-5 months new phone i have to try it out and then i sell them or return it i always keep the iphone and try others and sell or return them oh its an addiction for those of us that like a little something from them all

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not an Android user, but as a future Lumia 920 owner I'm not upset at all.

The iPhone5 has no NFC, no inductive wireless charging, no OIS for the camera, no Super-sensitive touch screen, no Gorilla Glass 2, no exciting colors, no HAAC rich recording, it has lower pixels-per-inch (PPI) on the display, smaller display, worse battery life, worst camera specs, slower display refresh-rate. And you can't wear gloves while using it.

Time to switch for Lumia 920. Nokia put the bar too high and Apple couldn't match it. Simple as that!

What WP fanboys like you don't realize is that its not about how many check marks you can get on your spec sheet. Even the ones you list are low value.
NFC - almost nobody uses it and its insecure, no loss there
Inductive charging is great if you want to waste space, money and energy. You still have to plug in the charging base
Exciting colors? Seriously? The Lumia looks like a cheap child's toy

Did you mention the Lumia is much thicker and almost twice as heavy? Its like a brick next to the iPhone 5? I can put the iPhone in a battery case, get 3x the battery life and it would still be thinner and lighter than the Lumia brick.

Worst of all, though there are very few apps for WP, and its all about the apps. Its like buying a fancy TV to watch 2 channels, or buying a fancy car to drive to the end of your driveway.

The lack of apps will be WP's downfall.

tsak6789

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
It's because every Android phone comes with a free bottle of Hatter-aid and the sip on it and like to hate on everything iPhone from its buyers to the phone itself.

This is so true. Check out the comment section on any Apple atricle on Cnet.com! It's amazing some of the hate and anger people have about a phone!

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I find the Android fanatics, not the enthusiasts, the fanatics, there's a difference, embarrassing and thus tune them out. Life goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods