Why are Android users so upset by the 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sean... most of the negativity I am seeing posted on the iPhone 5 Forum are from disappointed 4/4S owners.

You forgot to mention the other side of the coin on fanboyism.... a persecution complex.

The thread was asking specifically about Android users being upset...i didn't forget to mention anything, i simply focused on the topic at hand, there's no persecution complex, there are idiots on all sides of the fence, but in this case, we're talking about how vicious the android fanboys have been and are during Apple product announcements...it simply does not happen with the same frequency with other device announcements (the closest being recent Windows phone releases where the response was very short lived).

And i actually agree with you that a very large group of 4/4S owners are displaying disappointment, and i can totally understand that, i can understand the migration to other devices too, there are devices out there now that offer things you don't find on the iPhone, i totally get the draw...it's awesome to have choices out there, otherwise we'd all be using the same flip phone, driving the same rental Chevy Malibu and living in the same ranch style 3 bedroom home. Those people are not the ones that grind my gears...it's the ones coming here (on both sides of the fence since you want balance) that tell another person that their preference is wrong, or take shots at the idea that they like something someone else doesn't.

Now I at times will get drawn into a petty arguments, and i might speak out of line and take a personal shot here and there, but to be honest, i LOVE that other people are finding other phones outside of the iPhone that they whole heartedly love, that means the competition is finally on par and "hopefully" will keep the train moving forward (if all these idiot execs can get past suing each other over everything)...that said, you better believe I'm going to come down on someone taking shots at the iPhone as being some kind of lesser device and that those who prefer it are some how not as intelligent as consumers...I'm going to argue with them until they get tired of it and leave, and if that's what it takes to rid the community of the crap, so be it, i'll take it as a mission (and i know there's an army here to support such).

We experience anti-iPhone hatred here, the likes of which are not seen at such a magnitude on Android device sites...that was my entire point.

Reactions: kch50428

tbaptista

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Why can't the phone's all just get along.

I think that it has come to the point where all high-end smart phones do the same thing.. I see no clear winner when it come to any of the phones. I have a 4s and got to check out my friend's Galaxy S3 and was really surprised by how far they have come.

But lets face it they all have the same main stream apps and they all make phone calls, video chat, texting, email etc......

So I see the phone market going the way of the computer market where no one will care about the next best phone in the next 3 to 5 years and phone longevity will increase...

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I love my galaxy nexus with jellybean and find it the most efficient phone I've ever used because of its use of notifications, gmail app, and google maps. However the camera stinks in low light, the battery life is poor when using lte primarily and the phone reception is lousy. If I had a definitive date for the 920, I might purchase that, but I don't so I'll be preordering the 5 for Verizon. I already have a nano sim adapter so I plan on switching between the iPhone and galaxy until I decide which is best for me. I really hope the iPhones indoor low light shots are good.

_X_

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the only People that are upset is the iPhone users/blogs who expected more. The most negative thing I've read about the iP5 is that the iP5 caught up to the latest models in HW specs of Android phones or that it finally has many features of last years Android phones. I don't know about you but I don't consider that being upset or bashing the iPhone5.

=X=

jdod

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
My entrance in to the smart phone arena was with the Palm Pre- at Sprint. I had already been a member of Precentral.net following the birth of the phone and its progress in the first several months. It was the welcoming spirit at P|C with the willingness of the homebrew crowd to teach and innovate that encouraged me to go webOS. Members there were and still are very respectful of each other and alternate ideas and concepts. The environment encouraged innovation, ideas and expression.

For now, webOS is in development again. I believe we will see it again some day and I will again be able to use what I think is the best mobile OS I have ever used on a phone (I still get to use my Touchpad and look forward to LunaCE when out of beta).

Until that day comes, I had to take a side road, and have a 4S. Its a great phone, no question. I understand how it is many peoples favorite. I am also waiting for the Nexus Note 2 to come to Sprint (hopefully!), I may just get it AND the iPhone 5. And I really like what I see ahead with Windows 8 Mobile. Who know what I will get, they are all GREAT phones.

What is not great is having to listen to fanboys from ALL the platforms talk about the others. There are unkind and uninformed fanboys from all the major platforms that can't handle someone else having a different thought or belief, no platform is any better than the other from what I have seen.

Now if YOU are not a fanboy and you in fact believe that in free markets, we have choices, and we make choices based upon whats best for us at the time, and respect other people's choices, then don't get your panties in a wad, this post was not for you.

If YOU are a fanboy, go ahead and spew, I am going to read your post and LAUGH! :D

Respectfully, thanks for reading.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm one Android user who is not upset by the release of the iPhone5. I used to use an iPhone, and the rest of my family still does. Whatever works for you, is what you need. My wife and one of my daughters, are eligible for an upgrade now. They're not into blogging, or joining these types of websites, but they do have one question that they would like me to ask for them. If this has been asked before, then i apologize. They both love the LED light that flashes when i get an email, text or phone call. I guess that you know where i'm going with this. Is there a dedicated LED light, on the front of the iPhone5, that alerts you for emails, etc? I think that they'll both get the new iPhone anyway, but it would be nice. Thanks.:D

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Personally... I cant wait to see the "Hitler is upset with the iPhone 5". At the time it came out, I had just bought the 4S... still I thought it was funny as hell.

My favorite line was "How can people know that I am better than them if they cant tell the new phone from the old phone?" (4 vs 4S)

Lucky for us... that wont be a problem with the 5. :D

You dont want to be so much of a fan/enthusiast that you cant laugh at yourself sometimes.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'll admit to being a fanboy to a point... and at times I do get caught up the emotion of it all... but I also recognize that there are other devices out there that work better for some people. When I had a BlackBerry, I used to ridicule the iPhone users and their "toys". Now that I have an iPhone, I do, on occasion, poke at the Android folks... but I consider it all good natured fun, and have learned that if you're gonna dish it out, you need to be able to take it. And yeah, sometimes you do have to laugh at yourself. Life's too short to be a real Richard about stuff.

jdod

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there a dedicated LED light, on the front of the iPhone5, that alerts you for emails, etc?

Unfortunately not. There should be in my opinion, yet the mention of such a thing has caused some to split their sides in agony because someone else would believe that they actually know whats best for them, not Apple.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
But the 3GS I bought over 3 years is getting the new iOS upgrade, how many Android phones can do that?

Exactly - that's what originally turned me away from Windows phones and Android phones, you can't get software updates, and it's the software that does the most for creating a pleasing user experience.

According to the Android developer site (link below) only 21% of the Android user base is on ICS, and that's almost 11 months old. Worse, 80% of the user base is on an OS 2 years old or more. What good are software updates if you can't get them on your phone. Microsoft is even worse, imagine people have recently purchased Win 7 phones which will not be upgraded to Windows 8. The latest Android phones have some nice features, but the overwhelming majority of users will never see them.

Dashboards | Android Developers

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
No, there is no LED notification. And I hope there never is one on any future iPhone. :D

Yes, there is LED notification on iPhone. You can turn it on in accessibility settings. It's just not a dedicated LED on the front, but the flash LED on the back. It flashes three times when you get a notification, rather than being a little red light that just stays on. Someone at work uses it, and it freaks people out whenever it goes off.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm one Android user who is not upset by the release of the iPhone5. I used to use an iPhone, and the rest of my family still does. Whatever works for you, is what you need. My wife and one of my daughters, are eligible for an upgrade now. They're not into blogging, or joining these types of websites, but they do have one question that they would like me to ask for them. If this has been asked before, then i apologize. They both love the LED light that flashes when i get an email, text or phone call. I guess that you know where i'm going with this. Is there a dedicated LED light, on the front of the iPhone5, that alerts you for emails, etc? I think that they'll both get the new iPhone anyway, but it would be nice. Thanks.:D

No, there is no LED notification. And I hope there never is one on any future iPhone. :D

Yes, there is LED notification on iPhone. You can turn it on in accessibility settings. It's just not a dedicated LED on the front, but the flash LED on the back. It flashes three times when you get a notification, rather than being a little red light that just stays on. Someone at work uses it, and it freaks people out whenever it goes off.

In context, you can see that the original question stated specifically about a DEDICATED LED on the FRONT of the phone. Using the camera flash as a makeshift LED is definitely not the same thing.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Bless your heart... I'm well aware of the functions of accessibility settings. Thank you so very much, and have a lovely weekend.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I admit I was looking for something jaw dropping but there is only so much they can do each year. Hopefully sooner than later they do develop something that blows everyone out of the water, however I am satisfied enough to keep me buying.

what is this something new that folks are looking for name one android phone that looks better and has a better build than the iphone 5 someone please where are they, there are none thats why sammy and the others keep pumping out these i call them cases with screens because the phones all look like a casemate or speck case with internals.

as for the OS please it looks diff because they skin it pure android looks the same as it has it just has diff features with each release so in a sense whats so new looking there nothing just like IOS features are being added to the software so i can say i am tired of the same pure google look plain with a bunch of widget apps

to each his own i just don't get what all the fuss is and surprise oh apple didn't wow us with a radical design then show me the android phone that could whoop this iphone in build and looks. he drops the mic and walks off stage peace..

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Bless your heart... I'm well aware of the functions of accessibility settings. Thank you so very much, and have a lovely weekend.

You may have known, but you did not say so. I know it's not the same, and tried to point out the difference. I just thought some people might find the information useful. I live with a hearing-impaired person, so it is important for us and possibly to others, even if you don't care.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2