Will I be elligible?

RichardC300

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T, and I upgraded to my 4S the week after it was released. Is there any possibility of upgrading to the 5 when it comes out next week?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
You can upgrade at anytime you want. I think the real question is how much are you going to pay? Fully subsidized? Early upgrade price or full retail? And who knows this answer? Only American Telephone and Telegraph.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You got it in October (10/2011) ... you have to be 20 months into your contract for upgrade pricing... which means you're eligible about 06/2013. I'm guessing no... but you could always ask.

Dial *639# (*NEW#) from your phone and AT&T will text you the answer.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I guess that doesn't apply to me since I can upgrade each year every year at full subsidized pricing.

That also used to be true for me. I upped my ARPU and still managed to lose the annual upgrades... the primary line is not eligible now until March... thankfully I have 5 lines so at least one is always ready to upgrade.

RichardC300

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your responses. On my account, 2 of the 5 lines are eligible for an upgrade. If and can I use one of those to upgrade, will I keep my unlimited data plan? I've had it since my BB 9700.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your responses. On my account, 2 of the 5 lines are eligible for an upgrade. If and can I use one of those to upgrade, will I keep my unlimited data plan? I've had it since my BB 9700.

Yes you can. Just order it as if you are upgrading one of the other lines... then when the phone is delivered, go to the AT&T store and they'll help you sort it out.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
When I ordered last year, AT&T's web page did not give me the option to keep unlimited, so I cancelled and pre-ordered through Apple and still have unlimited data. You should be able to do it at the AT&T store with an employee helping, though.

Of course, this year I'm upgrading one of the other lines without unlimited, so it's not an issue, but I have to swap SIMs. Since I need a new nano-SIM, I'll still have to go to the AT&T store, even if I pre-order.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess that doesn't apply to me since I can upgrade each year every year at full subsidized pricing.

I thought I was able too since my line is over $100 a month. Just called AT&T today an the CS rep said they don't do 12 month upgrades anymore which is pissing me off right now.

I was able to upgrade 12 months past 2 years just fine now they changed their policy.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
According to the AT&T retention rep I spoke to said it was an Apple thing. She was very pleasant until I called BS. Apple's in business to sell phones. Why. Would they restrict what the providers do in terms of subsidizing our purchase?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal