What time will pre-order go live?

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So, why is everyone getting up so early? I am on the east coast. the phones will still be here at 8 or 9 or even 10. Last time I ordered, I did the whole 3 am thing. Never again, they will be there.

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
So, why is everyone getting up so early? I am on the east coast. the phones will still be here at 8 or 9 or even 10. Last time I ordered, I did the whole 3 am thing. Never again, they will be there.

I don't wanna stand in line. Ive worked at Ghost Armor and see how long people stand out in line for the iPhone. Staying up in my warm house for a few hours is better than standing in line. I don't wanna stand in line to get disappointing with a color or size iPhone I want. If I pre order I can make sure I have it at least.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have concerns over the new 'Slate' finish on the black phone. The last time I had a colored aluminum tech gadget the finish got all scratched pretty quickly and you could see the silver aluminum underneath.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm here in HI...looks like I can pre-order tonight at 9PM HST/Midnight PST

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(4706822)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Last time I did this a year ago I remember getting up at 3am EST and ordered it in 5 minutes for my girlfriend. Before that I was up for hours trying to get an iPhone 4 and, no lie, it took all day to get it to just go to my cart. This year I'll be waiting online and with the apple store app on my current phone as backup. Just hope I don't double order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't wanna stand in line. Ive worked at Ghost Armor and see how long people stand out in line for the iPhone. Staying up in my warm house for a few hours is better than standing in line. I don't wanna stand in line to get disappointing with a color or size iPhone I want. If I pre order I can make sure I have it at least.

Are you still with Ghost Armor? That's what I have for my i4 now and I don't use a case, I'd like to go the same route with my i5, also considering there is a Ghost Armor in the same mall as my local Apple Store.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Luckily for Verizon they will be going with their preorders at 11:59pm tonight so you best bet I'll be sitting at my computer from 11pm until however long it takes! Works going to suck tomorrow :/ but let's hope it's all worth it and the pre order goes thru!

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
What about SIM cards?

I've never pre-ordered before either.

If I buy outright through Apple, do I have to go to my carrier for a SIM, or will Apple send one of my choosing with the phone?

Can you buy it outright through your carrier? (on-line, pre-order)

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If i pre-order through apple for Verizon, what information will i need to have off-hand so i dont have to scramble looking for it and possibly get beat cause the servers crash? Besides basic info and billing address, what will i need like billing password, social security number, etc...? And iim currently using the unlimited plan and i know that buying the new phone will get rid of that so is it just as simple as choosing the next highest data plan?

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If i pre-order through apple for Verizon, what information will i need to have off-hand so i dont have to scramble looking for it and possibly get beat cause the servers crash? Besides basic info and billing address, what will i need like billing password, social security number, etc...? And iim currently using the unlimited plan and i know that buying the new phone will get rid of that so is it just as simple as choosing the next highest data plan?

If you use an upgrade to get the device, then yes, you will lose your unlimited and it will automatically put you on a 2GB/$30 data package on the date you activate the new device.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I've never pre-ordered before either.

If I buy outright through Apple, do I have to go to my carrier for a SIM, or will Apple send one of my choosing with the phone?

Can you buy it outright through your carrier? (on-line, pre-order)

I'm seeing this brought up a lot more the past couple hours. I had been searching for this answer, and another user on a different thread in this forum said that you can preorder outright through Apple or your carrier.

Reactions: LazyStarGazer

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you use an upgrade to get the device, then yes, you will lose your unlimited and it will automatically put you on a 2GB/$30 data package on the date you activate the new device.

Will i have to select a new one or does it automatically do it for me?

And just a general question, if everything goes smoothly and nothing crashes or anything, how long does the pre-order process usually take?

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
2 questions. I am with Verizon
Am I better off preordering from apple or Verizon and why?
Second, I am on the east coast. Does anyone know what time I can preorder online?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods