I don't wanna stand in line. Ive worked at Ghost Armor and see how long people stand out in line for the iPhone. Staying up in my warm house for a few hours is better than standing in line. I don't wanna stand in line to get disappointing with a color or size iPhone I want. If I pre order I can make sure I have it at least.
    Are you still with Ghost Armor? That's what I have for my i4 now and I don't use a case, I'd like to go the same route with my i5, also considering there is a Ghost Armor in the same mall as my local Apple Store.
    09-13-2012 01:38 PM
    Luckily for Verizon they will be going with their preorders at 11:59pm tonight so you best bet I'll be sitting at my computer from 11pm until however long it takes! Works going to suck tomorrow :/ but let's hope it's all worth it and the pre order goes thru!
    09-13-2012 03:14 PM
    I've never pre-ordered before either.

If I buy outright through Apple, do I have to go to my carrier for a SIM, or will Apple send one of my choosing with the phone?

Can you buy it outright through your carrier? (on-line, pre-order)
    09-13-2012 04:27 PM
    If i pre-order through apple for Verizon, what information will i need to have off-hand so i dont have to scramble looking for it and possibly get beat cause the servers crash? Besides basic info and billing address, what will i need like billing password, social security number, etc...? And iim currently using the unlimited plan and i know that buying the new phone will get rid of that so is it just as simple as choosing the next highest data plan?
    09-13-2012 04:31 PM
    If i pre-order through apple for Verizon, what information will i need to have off-hand so i dont have to scramble looking for it and possibly get beat cause the servers crash? Besides basic info and billing address, what will i need like billing password, social security number, etc...? And iim currently using the unlimited plan and i know that buying the new phone will get rid of that so is it just as simple as choosing the next highest data plan?
    If you use an upgrade to get the device, then yes, you will lose your unlimited and it will automatically put you on a 2GB/$30 data package on the date you activate the new device.
    09-13-2012 04:40 PM

If I buy outright through Apple, do I have to go to my carrier for a SIM, or will Apple send one of my choosing with the phone?

I'm seeing this brought up a lot more the past couple hours. I had been searching for this answer, and another user on a different thread in this forum said that you can preorder outright through Apple or your carrier.
    LazyStarGazer likes this.
    09-13-2012 04:41 PM
    If you use an upgrade to get the device, then yes, you will lose your unlimited and it will automatically put you on a 2GB/$30 data package on the date you activate the new device.
    Will i have to select a new one or does it automatically do it for me?

And just a general question, if everything goes smoothly and nothing crashes or anything, how long does the pre-order process usually take?
    09-13-2012 04:47 PM
    I will be switching from AT&T to VZW- hope the sign up process is smooth with all the crazy traffic to their site...
    09-13-2012 05:04 PM
    For VZW, the business site is saying 7a EST is when preorders start. Not sure if this only applies for business accounts.
    09-13-2012 07:23 PM
    2 questions. I am with Verizon
    Am I better off preordering from apple or Verizon and why?
    Second, I am on the east coast. Does anyone know what time I can preorder online?

Thanks.
    09-13-2012 07:34 PM
    2 questions. I am with Verizon
    Am I better off preordering from apple or Verizon and why?
    Second, I am on the east coast. Does anyone know what time I can preorder online?

Thanks.
    from what ive heard its 12am for the west coast 3am for the east.
    09-13-2012 07:52 PM
    I'm wondering if Verizon will offer early upgrades if you're not eligible yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-13-2012 08:05 PM
    For VZW, the business site is saying 7a EST is when preorders start. Not sure if this only applies for business accounts.
    3:01 am EST for personal, 7:01 am EST for business
    09-13-2012 08:20 PM
    I am curious...if you order it through Verizon's website, can you get it shipped to your house or does it have to be picked up in one of the stores?

If both websites are up (apple and verizon) which one would be better to order from? I would like to get mine on the 21st or earlier...
    09-13-2012 08:57 PM
    I am curious...if you order it through Verizon's website, can you get it shipped to your house or does it have to be picked up in one of the stores?

If both websites are up (apple and verizon) which one would be better to order from? I would like to get mine on the 21st or earlier...
    You have it shipped to your house if you order through VZW.

The likelihood of getting it before the 21st is slim...according to some it has happened, but from my understanding FedEx and the like are told to hold the items until the release date.

I'd say which ever site you can get through too first is the best bet.
    09-13-2012 09:00 PM
    You have it shipped to your house if you order through VZW.

The likelihood of getting it before the 21st is slim...according to some it has happened, but from my understanding FedEx and the like are told to hold the items until the release date.

I'd say which ever site you can get through too first is the best bet.

Thanks!

Yeah I really don't need to get it earlier haha. I just want it the day it comes out though. That's all I am really aiming for.
    09-13-2012 09:02 PM
    will you be able to pre-order it from the apple app?
    09-13-2012 10:04 PM
    will you be able to pre-order it from the apple app?
    Yeah. The app says it is supposedly the fastest way to do it too...
    moneymike47 likes this.
    09-13-2012 10:31 PM

If you get AT&T, there will be a SIM in the phone, even if you order through Apple.

Since I'm getting an upgrade on another line, I'll have to go to AT&T to get a new nano-SIM, since the one in the phone will be the other line, and my iPhone 4S has a micro-SIM. I went through the same thing last year, changing from 3GS SIM to 4 micro-SIM, cuz I didn't save the one from 2010. Next time I'll prolly have to get a pico-SIM.
    LazyStarGazer likes this.
    09-13-2012 10:40 PM
    I'm just gonna walk into Verizon and get it lol
    09-13-2012 10:45 PM
    FedEx is going to be VERY busy on the 21st!
    09-13-2012 10:53 PM
    well 15 mins past midnight PST and the site is still down...here we go again
    09-14-2012 03:14 AM
    I was able to go into Verizon's website at 2:55 am est and do my pre-order. Unfortunately though, it wouldn't allow me to get AppleCare, or do the alternate upgrade, so I'll just ask customer service to switch the phone to the other line. Apple and Sprint's website are down for me and others at this time.
    09-14-2012 03:23 AM
    apple store app works
    09-14-2012 03:36 AM
    I was able to go into Verizon's website at 2:55 am est and do my pre-order. Unfortunately though, it wouldn't allow me to get AppleCare, or do the alternate upgrade, so I'll just ask customer service to switch the phone to the other line. Apple and Sprint's website are down for me and others at this time.
    You can add AppleCare up to 30 days later.
    09-14-2012 03:42 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD