im on verizon and i have an upgrade waiting on the second line (my contract started in july 2010 so it should be eligible for the subsidized price) and i was also planning on switching to the unl. everything plan. Does anyone know how I would switch plans, upgrade, and pre-order the iphone 5 all in one fell swoop?
    I am fairly certain when you go to upgrade your phone it will prompt you to get the new plan anyways. Any upgrade going forward on Verizon will prompt you to the new shared everything plan.

Hope this helps.
    09-13-2012 12:51 AM
    I didn't read all of the posts, but Verizon And Sprint have confirmed 3am est for pre-orders.
    09-13-2012 08:12 AM
    I still need a question answered that not even the reps were clear about at Apple. I will be purchasing a Verizon black 32GB at full price, but I want to preorder. Can I preorder even though I am purchasing it at retail or do I just have to go to the Apple store 8 hours before it opens on the 21st and count my blessings? I'm doing in store pick up if I preorder but I just want to know that I'll have one waiting for me on the 21st. Again, can I preorder a Verizon wired device at full retail price? Thanks in advance!
    09-13-2012 08:29 AM
    Honestly Blue, I'd just go to verizon on the 21st and pick it up

...but yes you can preorder at retail online at VZW
    beto89 likes this.
    09-13-2012 08:34 AM
    I still need a question answered that not even the reps were clear about at Apple. I will be purchasing a Verizon black 32GB at full price, but I want to preorder. Can I preorder even though I am purchasing it at retail or do I just have to go to the Apple store 8 hours before it opens on the 21st and count my blessings? I'm doing in store pick up if I preorder but I just want to know that I'll have one waiting for me on the 21st. Again, can I preorder a Verizon wired device at full retail price? Thanks in advance!
    +1, anyone done this before? I'm wanting to do the same thing to keep my unlimited data
    09-13-2012 08:35 AM
    im on verizon and i have an upgrade waiting on the second line (my contract started in july 2010 so it should be eligible for the subsidized price) and i was also planning on switching to the unl. everything plan. Does anyone know how I would switch plans, upgrade, and pre-order the iphone 5 all in one fell swoop?
    I got an email from Verizon yesterday and they'll be taking pre-orders. I will probably order the phone via their website vs apple's. Last year, as many have said, the apple site crashed for a few hours and i ended up ordering the phone around 6sm EST; silly to wake up early for no good reason.

When ordering you'll be prompted to select either to stay with your current plan or change to the share everything. The question here is whether or not you'll be forced into a shared tiered everything plan if you currently have the unlimited plan. After all, verizon has said that if one upgrades, then you'll have to change plans, otherwise pay full price for the phone.
    09-13-2012 08:40 AM
    Honestly Blue, I'd just go to verizon on the 21st and pick it up

...but yes you can preorder at retail online at VZW
    Well this is the first iPhone release that I'm actually taking part in, so I was wanting to preorder from Apple and pick up at Apple cause everyone's gotta have the experience Atleast once ya' know? Lol. So I guess what I mean to ask was, can I preorder a Verizon model from Apple.com at full price?
    09-13-2012 08:40 AM
    Well this is the first iPhone release that I'm actually taking part in, so I was wanting to preorder from Apple and pick up at Apple cause everyone's gotta have the experience Atleast once ya' know? Lol. So I guess what I mean to ask was, can I preorder a Verizon model from Apple.com at full price?
    Sure you can. I camped out overnight for the iphone 4 (no preorder) and people that came to the store to pick it up had to wait a loooong time in line too. So i would suggest, if you decide to go ahead with your current plan, to bring a bit of food with you and something to drink. It's not as smooth as you probably think it is. Best luck!
    09-13-2012 08:53 AM
    Yes you can pre-order at full retail price. I have done this before. They don't care how much you are spending. A pre-order is a pre-order.
    iRy757 likes this.
    09-13-2012 09:23 AM
    I will keep refreshing my browser ever 15 minutes to see. I would assume between 7am-11am Eastern. They want to get a good idea for the demand. Im Excited!
    Verizon site says 3:01a EST.
    09-13-2012 09:25 AM
    For us people ordering from Verizon the time set is 3:00am? Would that also be for Phoenix time?
    09-13-2012 09:45 AM
    For us people ordering from Verizon the time set is 3:00am? Would that also be for Phoenix time?
    3.01AM EST or 12.01AM PST.
    09-13-2012 10:09 AM
    Man if it is midnight EST Friday that would be sweet.

Less than 14 hours to go.
    iRy757 likes this.
    09-13-2012 10:25 AM
    The question I keep asking myself is when will they ship if we pre-order?

I keep reading that pre-orders will ship the 21st???? Anyone have that confirmed?
    It would be nice if they shipped the 19th when IO6 is released.

If they ship the 21st I might as well just wait at the store and pick one up Friday.
    09-13-2012 10:50 AM
    Looks like Im gonna be doing some late night till 2am gaming to stay up to pre order this!
    09-13-2012 11:00 AM
    2:00 am CST.

Friday morning staff meeting is going to be rough.
    09-13-2012 11:05 AM
    2:00 am CST.

Friday morning staff meeting is going to be rough.
    I got work at 8am and don't care lol Im from Chicago and gonna pre order this phone. I refuse to stand in line.
    09-13-2012 11:10 AM
    I got work at 8am and don't care lol Im from Chicago and gonna pre order this phone. I refuse to stand in line.
    Totally agree with you. I will just have to bathe in Starbucks tomorrow morning.
    09-13-2012 11:15 AM
    So, why is everyone getting up so early? I am on the east coast. the phones will still be here at 8 or 9 or even 10. Last time I ordered, I did the whole 3 am thing. Never again, they will be there.
    09-13-2012 11:25 AM
    So, why is everyone getting up so early? I am on the east coast. the phones will still be here at 8 or 9 or even 10. Last time I ordered, I did the whole 3 am thing. Never again, they will be there.
    I don't wanna stand in line. Ive worked at Ghost Armor and see how long people stand out in line for the iPhone. Staying up in my warm house for a few hours is better than standing in line. I don't wanna stand in line to get disappointing with a color or size iPhone I want. If I pre order I can make sure I have it at least.
    09-13-2012 11:41 AM
    Does anyone have concerns over the new 'Slate' finish on the black phone. The last time I had a colored aluminum tech gadget the finish got all scratched pretty quickly and you could see the silver aluminum underneath.
    iRy757 likes this.
    09-13-2012 11:56 AM
    What I am saying is wake up in the morning and order online is all.
    09-13-2012 11:57 AM
    I'm here in HI...looks like I can pre-order tonight at 9PM HST/Midnight PST

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-13-2012 12:50 PM
    Lucky you!
    09-13-2012 12:57 PM
    Last time I did this a year ago I remember getting up at 3am EST and ordered it in 5 minutes for my girlfriend. Before that I was up for hours trying to get an iPhone 4 and, no lie, it took all day to get it to just go to my cart. This year I'll be waiting online and with the apple store app on my current phone as backup. Just hope I don't double order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-13-2012 01:29 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD