What do you think of the new iPhone that was unveiled today?

Phone what you expected or more? Less?

• Exactly what I expected!

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • More than I expected!

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Eh, it's okay.

Votes: 106 45.9%

• Total voters

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think a person's level of disappointment depends on the device they have now and expectations. When we look at most devices they are all really incremental upgrades to the previous model. That goes for the nexus, galaxy s3, Razr, etc... They are are all solid upgrades but when compared to the previous model, the change isn't much bigger than what Apple does. So I think people need to be more realistic about what to expect from year to year. Secondly, if you have a 4S, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus then there may be little reason to go for this right now, especially if you cannot upgrade. But if you're like me and the last iPhone that you used for a while was the 4 and many other with the 3GS (yes still a lot of those users) then this could be seen as a huge upgrade to what you have. I'm going to buy it just to see how much of an improvement it is over the 4 and if I like it better than the SGS3. I'll try it for a while before I make a judgement on something.

Funny thing is, on AC forums many users were saying the same thing about the SGS3 about how they are going to keep their SGS2 because nothing special here. Trust me guys, many users say the same thing about devices and at the end of the day, just use what you want regardless of popular or unpopular opinion.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes, the rumors turned out to be true, and if you were disappointed then, no surprise your opinion is probably still the same. Want a cookie?

Yes... but no, not this month. I'm dieting this month. If the offer is still available next month, I'll take you up on it.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Disappointed, not enough to make me upgrade from the 4S. Nokia Lumia 920 will most likely get my upgrade, and the 4S will become the new "iPod Touch" to play music at my business.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with some of the other posters. I think it depends on what you have now.. If you have an iPhone 4S the jump from 4S to 5 might not be enough to make you want a new iPhone unless yours isn't in bad shape or you have, say a family member that can use it after you upgrade so it's like two upgrades. But for me, with the iPhone 4 currently and an upgrade available with my carrier I am not greatly disappointed. There will be a lot of new things for me and I will probably be content with it. Could there be more? Always, but for now this will do. For me anyways. Everyone will have somewhat of a difference of opinion in all things. This is no different.

Reactions: DaPhoneking

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
But if you're like me and the last iPhone that you used for a while was the 4 and many other with the 3GS (yes still a lot of those users) then this could be seen as a huge upgrade to what you have. I'm going to buy it just to see how much of an improvement it is over the 4 and if I like it better than the SGS3. I'll try it for a while before I make a judgement on something.

I too have been using the iPhone 4. My wife has the 4S and other than Siri, I saw no reason to upgrade and get back into a contract or ruin my chances of getting the best deal on an iPhone 5.

Having said that, even going from a 4 to a 5 is not a big improvement. From 3GS to 5 is a no-brainer to at least consider.

Being able to play games on the phone is great for kids, but many of us run businesses and have more important things to do than sit around and play games

PS - Thanks Jeremy for merging my 'attention-getting' tread with your boring topic tread. I guess you didn't care for the competition??? Who puts the word 'today' in a thread that will still be here tomorrow??

ejb222

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
None of this should have been a surprise to anyone. iMore had it all pretty much right... and to be upset about it is rather silly. If you're so danged upset, go get yourself a different phone, and leave here. No one will care.

Not upset. And your tactics to discourage disappointed views are childish. Look....it was a bad showing. Plain and simple. What is there to be EXCITED about? What innovations did Apple just unveil that no one else has? What is the revolutionary product that Apple is so known for? Do say that I'm upset is misguided interpretation of my post. To say I'm calling the iPhone out for what it is(iPhone 4 version 3) is exactly what I'm doing. Just because I'm not dying to by the mediocre Apple product like you are isnt' cause for you to make me out to be some upset fanboy with unreasonable expectations. In fact it's rather ironic that those who will go out and buy this phone were expecting the mediocrity they got...and who would ever come out and say the expect mediocrity from Apple...but that's precisely what buying this phone means. lol

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Eh it will sell a ton because the loyal apple buyers will buy it no matter what. Its a nice little upgrade but not the wow factor the iPhone 4 had.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not upset. And your tactics to discourage disappointed views are childish. Look....it was a bad showing. Plain and simple. What is there to be EXCITED about? What innovations did Apple just unveil that no one else has? What is the revolutionary product that Apple is so known for? Do say that I'm upset is misguided interpretation of my post. To say I'm calling the iPhone out for what it is(iPhone 4 version 3) is exactly what I'm doing. Just because I'm not dying to by the mediocre Apple product like you are isnt' cause for you to make me out to be some upset fanboy with unreasonable expectations. In fact it's rather ironic that those who will go out and buy this phone were expecting the mediocrity they got...and who would ever come out and say the expect mediocrity from Apple...but that's precisely what buying this phone means. lol

You can be disappointed and you can voice your disappointment...

However, when you woke up this morning, you had 3 options (1) stand pat with whatever device you have; (2) buy the iPhone 5; (3) buy something else.

Following today's announcement you have the same 3 choices. It did not change that at all.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I like the looks of it. Looking forward to the extra features of iOS 6. But I won't be upgrading to the new iPhone. I actually like my 4s better as far as the aesthetics. so I will just wait for the 5S and enjoy the iPhone I currently have. I can honestly say that I have come to really appreciate the 3.5 inch screen. I know that sounds weird but it really works well for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ejb222

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
You can be disappointed and you can voice your disappointment...

However, when you woke up this morning, you had 3 options (1) stand pat with whatever device you have; (2) buy the iPhone 5; (3) buy something else.

Following today's announcement you have the same 3 choices. It did not change that at all.

Not sure what your getting at....this is and obvious statement. My issue isn't that I'm disappointed that I can't buy an iPhone 5 that is as good as I wanted it to be. It's that this phone is truely not impressive and yet everyone is going to make it out to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234