What do you think of the new iPhone that was unveiled today?

Phone what you expected or more? Less?

• Exactly what I expected!

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • More than I expected!

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Eh, it's okay.

Votes: 106 45.9%

• Total voters

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what your getting at....this is and obvious statement. My issue isn't that I'm disappointed that I can't buy an iPhone 5 that is as good as I wanted it to be. It's that this phone is truely not impressive and yet everyone is going to make it out to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Why does that matter to you that others will think it is the beat thing since sliced bread?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
One thing I didn't hear about was the front glass. Lots of rumors on its strength and combine use of guerrilla glass. Anyone have any info on this?

Bob

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
have they stated somewhere what this larger screen might do for current programs/games etc?

like will we have black edges or something

They said in the presentation that current apps would run like a widescreen movie. They would not be stretched to the dimensions of the new iPhone screen.

Last edited:

ejb222

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It was bad??? WHY? Because YOU say so? And you have the audacity to call me childish... smh...

Dude you really dont get it do you? It was bad because this is the unveiling of the iPhone 5! it was on every major site. YAHOO, GOOGLE, all tech sites, I'm sure even MSN had a thing on it. it was the most anticipated day of the year for Apple and their record setting stock. Was Apple going to unveil another homerun like the iPad or iPod or iPhone that got them to the heights they are at now? is this unveiling going to show that Samsung, Nokia, HTC, etc can actually product better hardware? What is the next Apple innovation? All these question were supposed to be answered today. This is what people look forward to every Sept Apple Unveling day. And today none of these were answered with a firm Apple advantage. Does Apple have to be ground breaking at every turn....no. Do they have to redefine a genre every year no! But people were really looking for Apple to impress this year with the law suits and W8/WP8 around the corner. And now that the stock is so big, Apple's expectations are supposed to be high. But they didn't just not impress. They didn't reveal a slightly better than anyone elses phone. They revealed a mediocre piece of hardware. No innovation, no revolution. There are already other phones out there that are more inpressive than this...and wait until Xmas when more are released that are more impressive than this.
Are you starting to get the big picture now?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It's that this phone is truely not impressive and yet everyone is going to make it out to be the best thing since sliced bread.

who really gives a phuck? the majority of iPhone users do not come to forums and blogs and see/read about all of the technical specs that we obsess about daily. all they know or care about is it is newer than the last version. some people cannot upgrade anyways and the ones that can will feel like it truly is an upgrade

now, are you actually going to contribute something useful to this forum or just sit around and cry all day??

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a JB 4S and I'm excited about the bigger screen. I won't be an early adopter but hopefully in about a month or 2 we will see some jailbreak news and all the apps will have updated for this new iPhone. It's better than what we have now in terms on an iPhone SOO yea.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I was a little disappointed in the leaks and way more so now that the phone has been announced. I love my iPad 2 and didn't think the new one was so much of an upgrade as to buy one and I don't think this is better than my S3. I also get bored using iOS every day but I do like it, hence the iPad, and so I'm excited for iOS 6. I love my S3 and it absolutely flies plus rooting does a little more for me than jail breaking. I might get next year's if iOS 7 is a redesign, but for now either Galaxy S devices or Nexi are fine for me. On a side note, I was wrong and thought the name wouldn't be iPhone 5 lol. Those of you who get one and have had an S3 please let me know your opinions. I'd be interested in hearing them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Some of you are seriously like the child at a birthday party that gets everything he asks for, but get's mad if one kid comes to the party with a bouncy ball and he doesn't have one, throwing a temper tantrum and screaming to the world how terrible life and everything in it is.

This phone addressed EVERYTHING people said the iPhone needed...some of the stuff they flat out gave to you (LTE), some of the stuff they approached with a more Apple'esq' way (screen size changes). Unorthodox changes, they keep their product unique to itself but not mirroring what others are doing...and you know what? They'll find EMENSE success with it (like they always do). The iPhone 5 will sell record numbers of units because it gives people what they want and stays away from what niches request.

If you guys haven't figured it out yet...Apple isn't in the business of creating the next Galaxy S, they're in the business of progressing the iPhone. Seems to be working well too.

ejb222

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
who really gives a phuck? the majority of iPhone users do not come to forums and blogs and see/read about all of the technical specs that we obsess about daily. all they know or care about is it is newer than the last version. some people cannot upgrade anyways and the ones that can will feel like it truly is an upgrade

now, are you actually going to contribute something useful to this forum or just sit around and cry all day??

Dude...this is like the second or third time you've replied to me condesendingly. Maybe you should learn some manners or something. I dont treat you like crap, and I certainly dont expect to receive it. Just because I dont agree with your view doesn't make it not useful and I'm certainly not crying. In fact my contrary to popular opinion has already received likes from this community proving its usefulness. its ashame that this site is now editing my posts and deleting them. I thought there might be some integrity here...but I guess I was wrong.

Reactions: zeteo#IM

ejb222

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Some of you are seriously like the child at a birthday party that gets everything he asks for, but get's mad if one kid comes to the party with a bouncy ball and he doesn't have one, throwing a temper tantrum and screaming to the world how terrible life and everything in it is.

This phone addressed EVERYTHING people said the iPhone needed...some of the stuff they flat out gave to you (LTE), some of the stuff they approached with a more Apple'esq' way (screen size changes). Unorthodox changes, they keep their product unique to itself but not mirroring what others are doing...and you know what? They'll find EMENSE success with it (like they always do). The iPhone 5 will sell record numbers of units because it gives people what they want and stays away from what niches request.

If you guys haven't figured it out yet...Apple isn't in the business of creating the next Galaxy S, they're in the business of progressing the iPhone. Seems to be working well too.

I have every right to voice my opinion that Apple just produced a product that is not worth the money they want for it. I have every right to say if it doesn't meet my needs. That is how they evolved the phone to what it is today as you mentioned above...but now you want us to shut up about it. make up your mind.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dude...this is like the second or third time you've replied to me condesendingly. Maybe you should learn some manners or something. I dont treat you like crap, and I certainly dont expect to receive it. Just because I dont agree with your view doesn't make it not useful and I'm certainly not crying. In fact my contrary to popular opinion has already received likes from this community proving its usefulness. its ashame that this site is now editing my posts and deleting them. I thought there might be some integrity here...but I guess I was wrong.

You complain about a condescending attitude, yet that is exactly the tone you took against anyone who thinks this iPhone is awesome in the thread he quoted and retorted to. You know what they say about heat in the kitchen right? If you think there is something inherently wrong with people thinking this phone is amazing just because you're disappointed with it, you should understand just how asinine some will find your opinion of disappointment is...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have every right to voice my opinion that Apple just produced a product that is not worth the money they want for it. I have every right to say if it doesn't meet my needs. That is how they evolved the phone to what it is today as you mentioned above...but now you want us to shut up about it. make up your mind.

My post didn't point you out in any way, shape or form...in fact, i had not even read your retorts until AFTER i posted that (my rant about the kid at the birthday party was addressed to others, who were openly complaining about how there was no surprises they didn't already know about and so on). I haven't changed my mind since i joined this website, much less in the last few minutes since i posted whatever it is you're saying i need to make up my mind about. If you took my post personally (as generically aimed as it was) then maybe it applies to you more than you know...but that's not my problem at all, take it as you will.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I am a big supporter of the freedom to voice your own opinion and I have no problem with you voicing yours so have at it. Having said that, there are going to be other people with the same freedom to voice their opinion and their opinion may differ from yours and that's okay, too. Opinions are a dime a dozen, but they often turn into debates and those debates become heated and once they become heated, there's the need to defend one's self and the best way to do that is to stop debating and let the opinions stand as-is. ;)

HackNet07

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Thinnest Smartphone???

Apparently the iFOOLS at Cupertino haven't seen the Huawei Android Smartphone which is 6.68mm thick.

Huawei Ascend P1s - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

Another FAILED iDevice. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is way better. Better screen, better battery, better features, Google Now (better than Siri), larger screen that's TRUE HD, google maps, better Youtube, home screens are HIGHLY customizable so that you can put WIDGETS. Anyone in iLAND know what Widgets are? LOL at iSHEEP.

HackNet07

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Official Thread​
* * * A thread like this was originally created based on the rumors. Turns out, most of the rumors this year are facts. * * *
So, now that you know what the iPhone 5 looks like and what it offers, is it your next phone or is there still another magical device calling your name?

Personally...

Other than the phone being a little longer, it's much of the same thing. Sure, it is faster and has LTE but is there any feature that blows us away like we have seen during other launches?

I can only imagine that Apple will still be a few years behind on getting the screen size correct as the extra half-inch is just that - a half-inch which will mostly be filled with black bars.

I will be leaving Apple this time around. I had my eye on the Galaxy S3 until rumors pointed out that the Galaxy Note 2 would be coming to Verizon.

• What say you. Is this what you have been waiting for?
  • What would you have made different?
  • Is the screen large enough for you?
  • Will you upgrade or set out this year?

Happy commenting!
The iPhone 5 was on top of my "to buy" list for 2012. But I went for the Samsung Galaxy S3. It doesn't' have the Android 4.1 Butter OS(which it will before October), but It's virtually LAG free. It's got 2GB of Ram and 3GB of CPU power. It's got TRUE HD, which mean the Super AMOLED HD PLUS screen WOWs you when you run a HD youtube of Battlefield 3 Armored Kill Gameplay at HIGH RES :D

COME ON PEOPLE. COME OVER TO ANDROID. WE HAVE COOKIES.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711