View Poll Results: Phone what you expected or more? Less?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Exactly what I expected!

111 48.05%
  • More than I expected!

14 6.06%
  • Eh, it's okay.

106 45.89%
    I don't see enough with this phone to dump my 4S mid-contract, eat a ETF and buy the 5 retail. Just not enough. I know they're proud of it, and they're selling it as the best thing ever - and its' a nice phone. Overall, I'm very meh about it.
    fridayxiii and DomFeeney like this.
    09-12-2012 02:47 PM
    Can't wait to pre order on Friday!
    09-12-2012 02:47 PM
    Come on people! The new iPhone has a 4" screen. Isn't that what everyone was clamoring about? The desire for bigger screen?

Sent using Tapatalk
    09-12-2012 02:48 PM
    No, I'm not disappointed with the new iPhone because it is exactly what we have been told it would be. If I had to find something to be disappointed about, it would be the fact that I would have preferred a slightly "wider" screen instead of a slightly longer screen, but that is my personal preference and it doesn't take away from the advancements & features of the new device, in my opinion.
    Seems like a good upgrade to me. I'm just disappointed that there were no surprises and that the latest mockups were all correct. Like being told what you're getting before Christmas..
    Isn't that our own fault for following tech as closely as we do?
    CK#CB, Luzabeth and DaPhoneking like this.
    Can't wait to pre order on Friday!
    You can't post that here... this is the "I'm disappointed..." thread - there can be no excitement to preorder on a disappoint thread.
    MarisaKaye72 likes this.
    09-12-2012 02:49 PM
    I remember a time when 95% of what apple showed at their keynote was all surprises and innovations ! It's the other way around now.

Very disappointed that the most sought after Apple phone was not what I hoped it would be.
    It was missing its magic. It looked exactly like the leaked images. It pretty much is what we heard it would be. It doesn't have that WOW I HAVE TO HAVE THIS PHONE no more.
    It's just a stretched out iPhone 4s !

If you have an iPhone 4 or 3Gs , then I can see your excitement over this phone. But I don't see this as a huge upgrade over iPhone 4S.

I love my Apple products but I'm really considering a Nokia 920
    redbeard likes this.
    09-12-2012 02:51 PM
    I really wanted the leaks to be an epic hoax on Apple's part. The only compelling new feature is LTE. The rest is just incremental improvements. Meh.
    09-12-2012 02:54 PM
    If you don't remember, a thread like this was created but people trashed it because the comments were based on "rumors" which later became true. So yes, you are right - nothing was a surprise and I guess that is the most disappointing part about it.

You telling iMore members to leave and that no one will care shows that you have never tried to build an online community. Just because I do not like the iPhone 5 and will not get it does not mean that I should not visit the site. It's members of all types that give Rene, Georgia, and the others a job. We visit, comment, read, and visit ads. You don't run off members just because they do not like the iPhone.
    So you think you're taking some sort of "higher road" by starting a new thread to shout to the world a quintessential "I told you so!" Yes, the rumors turned out to be true, and if you were disappointed then, no surprise your opinion is probably still the same. Want a cookie?
    kch50428 and scorpiodsu like this.
    09-12-2012 02:55 PM
    maybe the IPhone 6 is the design Change
    09-12-2012 02:57 PM
    Yeah, the conference was really not magical like they used to be. The upgrades are all to catch up with what other phones have had for a while. I guess I'll need to wait until the new iPhone 5 ships, though. I want to see what users have to say about it when it is in their hands. For me, the upgrades, on paper, aren't compelling enough to pre-order one. I can stick with my 3GS for now. I also want to see if Apple finally improves iTunes. But, that won't be known until October.

Tom G.
    09-12-2012 03:00 PM
    I like it. My only disappointment is the headphone jack at the bottom. But that won't stop me from owning
    this phone in the near future.
    09-12-2012 03:02 PM
    Quick question, I am confused. Is the CDMA (verizon) model not cabable of untilizing netwroks in Europe (GSM)? Seems the 4s was able to access both. That's a biggie for me.
    09-12-2012 03:04 PM
    Quick question, I am confused. Is the CDMA (verizon) model not cabable of untilizing netwroks in Europe (GSM)? Seems the 4s was able to access both. That's a biggie for me.
    I'm sure it will. It's one singular radio with the combined CDMA, LTE, and HSPA+ If it couldn't, they would
    have just made two different versions.
    09-12-2012 03:05 PM
    I think they did, I see three listed on the engadget website.
    09-12-2012 03:08 PM
    I think a person's level of disappointment depends on the device they have now and expectations. When we look at most devices they are all really incremental upgrades to the previous model. That goes for the nexus, galaxy s3, Razr, etc... They are are all solid upgrades but when compared to the previous model, the change isn't much bigger than what Apple does. So I think people need to be more realistic about what to expect from year to year. Secondly, if you have a 4S, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus then there may be little reason to go for this right now, especially if you cannot upgrade. But if you're like me and the last iPhone that you used for a while was the 4 and many other with the 3GS (yes still a lot of those users) then this could be seen as a huge upgrade to what you have. I'm going to buy it just to see how much of an improvement it is over the 4 and if I like it better than the SGS3. I'll try it for a while before I make a judgement on something.

Funny thing is, on AC forums many users were saying the same thing about the SGS3 about how they are going to keep their SGS2 because nothing special here. Trust me guys, many users say the same thing about devices and at the end of the day, just use what you want regardless of popular or unpopular opinion.
    09-12-2012 03:09 PM
    I think they did, I see three listed on the engadget website.
    You're probably looking at the iPhone 4, 4S, and 5 which Apple will continue with.
    09-12-2012 03:12 PM
    Question I have is if there is no 4g LTE in your area will it still search for it and kill the battery?
    09-12-2012 03:14 PM
    Yes, the rumors turned out to be true, and if you were disappointed then, no surprise your opinion is probably still the same. Want a cookie?
    Yes... but no, not this month. I'm dieting this month. If the offer is still available next month, I'll take you up on it.
    seanpr and DaPhoneking like this.
    09-12-2012 03:15 PM
    Question I have is if there is no 4g LTE in your area will it still search for it and kill the battery?
    I would assume so.
    will unlocked full price iphone5 be avail on preorder day and also is sim card staying same size as 4s
    Disappointed, not enough to make me upgrade from the 4S. Nokia Lumia 920 will most likely get my upgrade, and the 4S will become the new "iPod Touch" to play music at my business.
    will unlocked full price iphone5 be avail on preorder day and also is sim card staying same size as 4s
    One more time... probably no and no.

(reference http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5-for...ml#post1908892)
    09-12-2012 03:16 PM
    I agree with some of the other posters. I think it depends on what you have now.. If you have an iPhone 4S the jump from 4S to 5 might not be enough to make you want a new iPhone unless yours isn't in bad shape or you have, say a family member that can use it after you upgrade so it's like two upgrades. But for me, with the iPhone 4 currently and an upgrade available with my carrier I am not greatly disappointed. There will be a lot of new things for me and I will probably be content with it. Could there be more? Always, but for now this will do. For me anyways. Everyone will have somewhat of a difference of opinion in all things. This is no different.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    09-12-2012 03:19 PM
    But if you're like me and the last iPhone that you used for a while was the 4 and many other with the 3GS (yes still a lot of those users) then this could be seen as a huge upgrade to what you have. I'm going to buy it just to see how much of an improvement it is over the 4 and if I like it better than the SGS3. I'll try it for a while before I make a judgement on something.
    I too have been using the iPhone 4. My wife has the 4S and other than Siri, I saw no reason to upgrade and get back into a contract or ruin my chances of getting the best deal on an iPhone 5.

Having said that, even going from a 4 to a 5 is not a big improvement. From 3GS to 5 is a no-brainer to at least consider.

Being able to play games on the phone is great for kids, but many of us run businesses and have more important things to do than sit around and play games

PS - Thanks Jeremy for merging my 'attention-getting' tread with your boring topic tread. I guess you didn't care for the competition??? Who puts the word 'today' in a thread that will still be here tomorrow??
    09-12-2012 03:20 PM
244 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD