What do you think of the new iPhone that was unveiled today?

Phone what you expected or more? Less?

• Exactly what I expected!

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • More than I expected!

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Eh, it's okay.

Votes: 106 45.9%

• Total voters

jlindsey.stu

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm disappointed. I still have the 4 because the 4s offered nothing that made me want to upgrade. Now I feel the exact same about the 5. I'll wait to hold the phone and then decide between the S3, iPhone 5, or next Nexus. No way am I impressed enough to preorder.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Its exactly what I was expecting. Same battery life with a bigger screen and 4G fits suits my needs just fine!

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Seems like a good upgrade to me. I'm just disappointed that there were no surprises and that the latest mockups were all correct. Like being told what you're getting before Christmas..

But the phone itself seems like a solid upgrade. I may just stay with my iPhone 4S and wait till the iPhone 5s though, as the update to iOS6 is what I'm really excited about.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited about LTE, which is really all I care about. Don't care much for the longer screen. IMO, it needed to go wider if anything. Landscape is all but useless as it is, especially since homescreen and several apps don't rotate with it.

And no big feature (SIri, Retina, etc.). Seems llike maybe Apple is losing some of its imagination steam.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't see enough with this phone to dump my 4S mid-contract, eat a ETF and buy the 5 retail. Just not enough. I know they're proud of it, and they're selling it as the best thing ever - and its' a nice phone. Overall, I'm very meh about it.

Redbird1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Come on people! The new iPhone has a 4" screen. Isn't that what everyone was clamoring about? The desire for bigger screen?

Sent using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm not disappointed with the new iPhone because it is exactly what we have been told it would be. If I had to find something to be disappointed about, it would be the fact that I would have preferred a slightly "wider" screen instead of a slightly longer screen, but that is my personal preference and it doesn't take away from the advancements & features of the new device, in my opinion.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I remember a time when 95% of what apple showed at their keynote was all surprises and innovations ! It's the other way around now.

Very disappointed that the most sought after Apple phone was not what I hoped it would be.
It was missing its magic. It looked exactly like the leaked images. It pretty much is what we heard it would be. It doesn't have that WOW I HAVE TO HAVE THIS PHONE no more.
It's just a stretched out iPhone 4s !

If you have an iPhone 4 or 3Gs , then I can see your excitement over this phone. But I don't see this as a huge upgrade over iPhone 4S.

I love my Apple products but I'm really considering a Nokia 920

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted the leaks to be an epic hoax on Apple's part. The only compelling new feature is LTE. The rest is just incremental improvements. Meh.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you don't remember, a thread like this was created but people trashed it because the comments were based on "rumors" which later became true. So yes, you are right - nothing was a surprise and I guess that is the most disappointing part about it.

You telling iMore members to leave and that no one will care shows that you have never tried to build an online community. Just because I do not like the iPhone 5 and will not get it does not mean that I should not visit the site. It's members of all types that give Rene, Georgia, and the others a job. We visit, comment, read, and visit ads. You don't run off members just because they do not like the iPhone.

So you think you're taking some sort of "higher road" by starting a new thread to shout to the world a quintessential "I told you so!" Yes, the rumors turned out to be true, and if you were disappointed then, no surprise your opinion is probably still the same. Want a cookie?

tomtomsf

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the conference was really not magical like they used to be. The upgrades are all to catch up with what other phones have had for a while. I guess I'll need to wait until the new iPhone 5 ships, though. I want to see what users have to say about it when it is in their hands. For me, the upgrades, on paper, aren't compelling enough to pre-order one. I can stick with my 3GS for now. I also want to see if Apple finally improves iTunes. But, that won't be known until October.

Tom G.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Quick question, I am confused. Is the CDMA (verizon) model not cabable of untilizing netwroks in Europe (GSM)? Seems the 4s was able to access both. That's a biggie for me.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Quick question, I am confused. Is the CDMA (verizon) model not cabable of untilizing netwroks in Europe (GSM)? Seems the 4s was able to access both. That's a biggie for me.

I'm sure it will. It's one singular radio with the combined CDMA, LTE, and HSPA+ If it couldn't, they would
have just made two different versions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234