What do you think of the new iPhone that was unveiled today?

Phone what you expected or more? Less?

• Exactly what I expected!

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • More than I expected!

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Eh, it's okay.

Votes: 106 45.9%

• Total voters

phillytim

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
See ya! As we happy Apple-ers ride off into the sunset!

Official Thread​
* * * A thread like this was originally created based on the rumors. Turns out, most of the rumors this year are facts. * * *
So, now that you know what the iPhone 5 looks like and what it offers, is it your next phone or is there still another magical device calling your name?

Personally...

Other than the phone being a little longer, it's much of the same thing. Sure, it is faster and has LTE but is there any feature that blows us away like we have seen during other launches?

I can only imagine that Apple will still be a few years behind on getting the screen size correct as the extra half-inch is just that - a half-inch which will mostly be filled with black bars.

I will be leaving Apple this time around. I had my eye on the Galaxy S3 until rumors pointed out that the Galaxy Note 2 would be coming to Verizon.

• What say you. Is this what you have been waiting for?
  • What would you have made different?
  • Is the screen large enough for you?
  • Will you upgrade or set out this year?

Happy commenting!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This is w/o a doubt the first time since iPhone 3 that I have not upgraded or been torn about upgrading. I have zero interest in upgrading. I actually feel the Upgrade would be more of a PITA then keeping my iPhone 4S. Personally if the form factor did not change I would have upgraded for the processor and LTE when I travel and the camera improvements and then pass my 4S to my wife who has the 4 so she can get more from iOS 6 and Siri.

So instead, will wait for iPhone 4S (used) to pop up on CL or eBay after Xmas and pick one up for my wife and sell the iPhone 4 and call it a day!

However due to the body change, it's a no go for me...

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Side note.. the thing about Trolls is they FEED on the debate... if you ignore them 100% they go away faster... every reply is fuel.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Just because people dont agree with you makes them trolls?
You people make me puke

lets forget about phones for a minute.. do you ever have anything productive to say? all i see you do is complain about every god damn thing

Ftspyder

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Im not fanboy of any phone maker. Ive tryed WebOS, Android, and Windows Phone 7. I currently have an iPhone 4s and a Nexus 7 as my tablet. Will I be upgrading to an iPhone 5? YES. I hear many people complaining about feeling underwhelmed, and I get it. Me personally, im super excited about the hardware. For the first time since the original iPhone 4 do I think the hardware us a break threw. The A6 processor being 2 times faster, more ram, LTE, the unibody aluminum and glass, the gsm,cdma, and lte chip, they have upgraded everything and made everything smaller. Hardware wise I think they innovated. Im very excited about the bigger screen size because when I got the iPhone 4s that was my only complaint. I wanted bigger screen. The thing is Apple usually delivers on the software side, and thats where i felt disappointed. They didn`t show anything new from what they showed at WWDC. Its bad enough that everything down to the EarPods were leaked. I wanted more innovation from the software, instead I got a few changes and amazing hardware. I wont cry and complain about it, because obvisously I`ll be purchasing it. But here is the start of another years wait for iOS 7.

lewiverdatama

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm.. the thinnest smartphone? I don't think so.. but if the thinnest iPhone ever, yes it is!

But, if Apple claims iPhone 5 as the lightest smartphone, it can be true.. iPhone againsts Samsung Galaxy S III (133grams) of course win with just 112grams for the whole things inside it.

KJowers

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5 is a pretty nice upgrade from the 4s in my opinion. I will probably wait until next year for the 5s or whatever they will call it, but it depends on all the features that IOS6 bring to the 4s. I've had several androids and I loved them all. I just grew tired of LIVING on XDA Developers forum so I could find a new tweak that would let me make my android run better. I've tried the jail breaks on the 4 and 4 s and while it was cool I just couldn't get into it so I removed the JB. Maybe when IOS 6 is JB'd I will do it again. I'm more than happy with IOS even though it is more "locked down" than most androids. I love that it works when I want it to , how I want it to, when I need it to, and CONSISTENTLY. My android experiences didn't do that. Albeit the android platform has evolved greatly since my last experience, but not enough for me to leave the iPhone. Besides with all the money I've spent on apps for IOS I could never leave and NOT be in the hole financially :D

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Seems like everyone is starting to like the iPhone 5 now huh! What a change from only 24hours ago! Meh~ its okay to OMG I WANT IT NOW.
I see what apple is doing...

Matt Savard

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I'm disappointed, I've been praying for the iPhone 5 to not be like the leaked ones on the web....
But still... since I'm a android user I'll still buy the new phone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I'm disappointed, I've been praying for the iPhone 5 to not be like the leaked ones on the web....
But still... since I'm a android user I'll still buy the new phone.

There's your answer. God uses an iPhone. He doesn't answer the prayers of android users. :D:cool::eek:

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
People I don't get it. Sure Apple sues and everything but the average Joe doesn't give two ****s. What's so underwhelming about this iPhone??? The Galaxy S III wasn't much of an upgrade and the Galaxy Note was a disappointment compared to the Original Note. After a few days, all the android fanboys stopped grumbling about the disappointing Note and calling the shots like it's the best thing since sliced bread. NO PHONE IS BETTER THAN SLICED BREAD. And the wpcentral, what's with the Lumia Fanboys, eh? Sure, I love the Lumia and would get one if the App Store wasn't so crappy. This iPhone should't be a disappointment. No one was disappointed when MacBook Pro's updated with the same design and swapped internals. I just don't get it. THEY ARE ALL PHONES. People shouldn't spend their time. There was a time when Jobs was alive and people just said, YOU choose what YOU think is best for YOU. Now all the different fanboys are dissing on Apple. On AndroidCentral it's a mess what all the fanboys are doing. People act like two- year olds. People have preferences I understand, but I haven't seen this much hate since the Pittsburg Stealers cheated. Oh, and one last thing, how come there wasn't a "one last thing" or did that died when Jobs died. Watch the Event just to hear that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711