Announcement Day - What Actually Happens?

EW800#AC

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
From past experience, I was just wondering what actually happens on announcement day. From what I have read, we may be able to order from the carriers, is that correct? Do they normally allow ordering to begin as soon as the official announcement concludes or is it usually at a different time. I am on Verizon and wondering what to expect on Wednesday? Thanks!

koolhand79

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No one really knows. In past years Apple didn't open the pre order window until a couple of days after the announcement. Last year you could pre order at mid night the Friday after the announcement. The rumor this year is that pre order will be available on the day of the event, which is new for all of us.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Big Red Button

Personally, I hope that they don't start the ordering window in the middle of the night. In addition to making it hard on customers, they would have to have their staff available in case something goes bump in the ordering process. What would be fun would be for Tim to hold up an iPhone or iPad with a "Big Red Button" app on it. He would push that to enable the ordering. Internally, of course, somebody managing their website would issue an "./activate-the-new-website-and-start-the-ordering-process" command, but the visual would be amusing.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I hope that they don't start the ordering window in the middle of the night. In addition to making it hard on customers, they would have to have their staff available in case something goes bump in the ordering process. What would be fun would be for Tim to hold up an iPhone or iPad with a "Big Red Button" app on it. He would push that to enable the ordering. Internally, of course, somebody managing their website would issue an "./activate-the-new-website-and-start-the-ordering-process" command, but the visual would be amusing.

Yeah! Like the launch of something great. It is afterall. The most important news on earth on that day. that hour. That minute. DAT MOMENT! OMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOGMOGMGOGMGOMGOGM I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's a break down of a typical iPhone Announcement day...

7am (Pacific) - Swarms of honey bees begin their ritualistic dance, flowers are pollinated, delicious honey is produced.

7:17am (Pacific) - A few of those bees become permanent fixtures on a large 18 wheeler traveling between Las Vegas and L.A.

8:06am (Pacific) - 2 homeless men will begin fighting in neighboring San Francisco over who is better, the 49'ers or the Raiders. One of them may or may not be equipped with a shank.

8:57am (Pacific) - The two men fighting make amends and decide to entertain the idea of rolling down a steep hill in a garbage can...the idea proves to be a bad one.

9:14am (Pacific) - Two limousines leave two different houses somewhere in Oakland, one of them is a bride and groom leaving on their honeymoon to Hawaii (little does the groom now, the bride is still seeing an old fling from high school, they'll have 2 and a half children and divorce 5 years later where the husband will start dating a stripper named "Bunny") The other limo will house a top executive from Apple, he'll drink a Vitamin Water and eat half a bagel with strawberry cream cheese.

9:36am (Pacific) - During setup, an electrician notices a small frayed wire on the stage of the coming event, he breaks out his trusty electrical tape and patches the problem. Coincidently, only a few minutes before, the same electrician was buying a bag of Ruffles chips from the vending machine, he dropped his quarter and it rolled towards the frayed wire...had this not happened, the fray would have never been caught, and in the middle of the event, a large fire would break out in the back section of the auditorium burning the building to the ground...thankfully, no one was hurt.

9:54am (Pacific) - Moments from kick off, a production assistant trips and spills coffee on one of the new iPhone models, bathing the phone in delicious hazelnut breakfast blend. The cup of coffee was perfect...the right temperature, the right about of sugar, and just below the rim of the cup. This cup of coffee was destined to make someone very happy, but instead, a clean up man (who is a week from retirement) has to clean up the mess, jamming his finger in the process and being unusually grumpy the rest of the day.

9:59am (Pacific) - Absolutely nothing in the world happens at this moment as everyone on planet earth awaits the start of the Apple keynote.

10am (Pacific) - Some song no one will remember next year starts and the keynote begins...the iPhone is shown, people are excited, Apple begins to count money before it even goes on pre-order because everyone is going to buy this thing.

1:43pm (India Standard Time) - A 17 year old boy on his way home from school notices a newspaper with the headline about the new iPhone in the electronics section, he picks this up and reads it over, contemplating his future and life and what could be if he applied himself. 5 years from now, he will run a competing consumer electronics company who decides that computers and cell phones are no longer the future, and they begin their work on A.I. technology...their work leads to the worlds first network of artificial intelligence that control both private sector and military systems...SkyNet officially goes online (contrary to the dates in the movies) August 24th, 2018.

Dun dun...dun DUN DUN!

Terminator-Salvation-001.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods