I'm curious, do 'we' want a bigger iPhone? Also bigger in length, width or overall?

I've been using a Samsung Galaxy S III since 21st June. I guess I'm simply used to the size now, and hence I'm wondering if I just want a new iPhone that SAME size.

What say you?
    09-08-2012 11:57 PM
    Anyone, any comments...
    09-09-2012 09:09 PM
    I don't. I don't need or want a bigger screen. I prefer the size that the iPhone is currently (4/4S). The bigger (read: taller) screen is ok, but I'd prefer nothing larger that what is proposed.
    MrMars likes this.
    09-09-2012 09:22 PM
    I like the iPhone size. Its a comfortable size in my opinion as it is. But a tad bit wider screen wouldn't be bad either.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    09-09-2012 09:30 PM
    I like the iPhone size. Its a comfortable size in my opinion as it is. But a tad bit wider screen wouldn't be bad either.

I'm in agreement. The current size is sufficient, but a screen that is a "tad bit" wider wouldn't hurt, in my opinion.
    09-09-2012 10:05 PM
    I've used the Galaxy Nexus, HTC ONE X, and iPhone 4 this year. I prefer the size of the Galaxy Nexus and One X but the OS just isn't compatible. I wish Apple would go around 4.5" and widen it a little.
    09-09-2012 10:19 PM
    Do Not Care.
    09-09-2012 11:34 PM
    ...i would like a 4" to 4.5" iPhone. Just a tad wider would make it even better. Seeing all these leaks and if on Wednesday it's proven we only got a taller iPhone I won't be too satisfied. I have an upgrade available but I'm willing to wait...or maybe I'll stay with my 4S or just get the SG3. With all due respect to...I'm really hoping imore and leaks of iPhone 5 are incorrect LOL...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    09-09-2012 11:39 PM
    ...i would like a 4" to 4.5" iPhone. Just a tad wider would make it even better. Seeing all these leaks and if on Wednesday it's proven we only got a taller iPhone I won't be too satisfied. I have an upgrade available but I'm willing to wait...or maybe I'll stay with my 4S or just get the SG3. With all due respect to...I'm really hoping imore and leaks of iPhone 5 are incorrect LOL...

I hope the leaks a incorrect too. I just don't know if it's enough for me to upgrade when it comes out.

09-10-2012 12:03 AM
    A taller screen isn't enough for me at all, so I hope there is more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-10-2012 12:25 AM
    Apple makes the calls.
    Apple knows what's best for the majority of us.
    We leave apple to do all the thinking for us since we are paying their products.
    We spend our time thinking and doing better stuff then contributing some stupid ideas to apple
    The market speaks for itself. If its good. People will buy it.
    If its not. Apple will improve and release something awesome.
    09-10-2012 12:51 AM
    I'm extremely saddened by the iPhone 5 size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-10-2012 03:27 AM
    I hope the iPhone 5 leaks are wrong and the iPhone 5 (along with the taller screen) has a wider screen.
    redbeard likes this.
    09-10-2012 03:43 AM
    In my perfect world, apple would have left the screen the same exact size it is now

09-10-2012 04:22 AM
    In my perfect world, apple would have left the screen the same exact size it is now

In my perfect world. Apple would have done exactly what was mentioned by the author of iMore.
    Allowing more screen without actually increasing a proportional length.
    Screens are too damn big these days >
    A Smartphone should be a phone! Not Hybrid Tablet likes!
    09-10-2012 07:01 AM
    You guys act like the only new feature you're going to get on this upcoming iPhone is the slightly larger screen, lol. Say what you want, you'll all be buying it regardless.
    09-10-2012 07:53 AM
    You guys act like the only new feature you're going to get on this upcoming iPhone is the slightly larger screen, lol. Say what you want, you'll all be buying it regardless.
    I wouldn't go that far. When it is introduced and after I have physically handled the new iPhone is when I will decide whether or not to buy it and believe me, if I don't like it, I will not buy it. That's just how I am.
    redbeard likes this.
    09-10-2012 08:42 AM
    I wouldn't go that far. When it is introduced and after I have physically handled the new iPhone is when I will decide whether or not to buy it and believe me, if I don't like it, I will not buy it. That's just how I am.
    I agree with you. I'm not the type to go buy a new phone because it's just what everybody wants. After spending 4 years of my life with a blackberry and being in denial I switched over to iPhone 4s last year when it came out. Lately it just bores me. That's why I'm considering a SG3. I just don't want a taller screen but also just a tad wider. I refuse to get a phone just because it's a trendy phone. Whateva in the end I might just stay with my 4S with iOS6. If I get bored...I might just jailbreak it again.

Just_Me_D and redbeard like this.
    09-10-2012 09:08 AM
    I don't worry too much about that. If i don't like it, i'd return it (or sell). If i wait to see in store, it's already a problem buying due to any shortage.

What I'm presently weighing is the headache I'll have with losing accessories like mounts in cars. Cases for wife. It could take weeks to see replacements. More charging cables or adapters. And any impact the new screen and aspect ratio has on apps which again could take weeks for updates, some of which won't see updates. Of course there's the activation fee, upgrade fee (which i never had to pay in past), and contract extension.

Which is weighed against an iphone 4S i'm using now that is a pretty great phone and does everything I want. I'll decide on the 12th if the benefits outweigh the costs...costs that have sharply gone up this time around.
    09-10-2012 10:24 AM
    I don't worry too much about that. If i don't like it, i'd return it (or sell). If i wait to see in store, it's already a problem buying due to any shortage.

What I'm presently weighing is the headache I'll have with losing accessories like mounts in cars. Cases for wife. It could take weeks to see replacements. More charging cables or adapters. And any impact the new screen and aspect ratio has on apps which again could take weeks for updates, some of which won't see updates. Of course there's the activation fee, upgrade fee (which i never had to pay in past), and contract extension.

Which is weighed against an iphone 4S i'm using now that is a pretty great phone and does everything I want. I'll decide on the 12th if the benefits outweigh the costs...costs that have sharply gone up this time around.
    Last year when the 4S launched, it appeared as if most people went to either the Apple Store or their wireless providers to purchase their device and they sold out almost immediately. Even retailers like Best Buy, Radio Shack, Target and Walmart even sold out and yet, HHGregg stores, which caters only to Verizon, had plenty in stock. I walked in the store and bought it. No lines and no long waits. Still, I understand what you're saying. On the surface, the new iPhone is just not that appealing to me and thus my need to handle it before purchasing. Furthermore, I'm still thoroughly satisfied with my 4S.
    Young Money likes this.
    09-10-2012 10:53 AM
    I agree with you. I'm not the type to go buy a new phone because it's just what everybody wants. After spending 4 years of my life with a blackberry and being in denial I switched over to iPhone 4s last year when it came out. Lately it just bores me. That's why I'm considering a SG3. I just don't want a taller screen but also just a tad wider. I refuse to get a phone just because it's a trendy phone. Whateva in the end I might just stay with my 4S with iOS6. If I get bored...I might just jailbreak it again.

Like you, I was a real Blackberry fanboy going back to the 7290. It was an Android device that took me away from Blackberry and the 4S took me away from Android. Go figure. Anyway, I'm content with my current device and am in no hurry to buy the new one. If it turns out to be more than I thought it would be then I buy it. We will know soon enough, right?
    09-10-2012 11:00 AM
    i'll be switching from the VZW Galaxy Nexus to the new iPhone. part of my wanting to switch is for the less wide phone - I'm a tall guy (6') with big hands, but that little bit of extra wideness makes it uncomfortable to try and text, etc with one hand...
    09-10-2012 11:32 AM
    Like you, I was a real Blackberry fanboy going back to the 7290. It was an Android device that took me away from Blackberry and the 4S took me away from Android. Go figure. Anyway, I'm content with my current device and am in no hurry to buy the new one. If it turns out to be more than I thought it would be then I buy it. We will know soon enough, right?
    Correct. I've even contemplated just staying with my 4S running iOS 6. If that satisfies me and iOS 6 is great I'll have no need to upgrade. I'm sure the improved camera and improved speed on iPhone 5 won't be such a noticeable difference to that of the 4S. Beside I'm on sprint and here in Miami we don't have 4G LTE yet. So I may just wait till we get LTE here with Sprint and then upgrade to iPhone 5 or SG3. I rather have the LTE upgrade over a screen that's only 1/2" bigger than my 4S screen. In any case my decision as well as many relies on what exactly Apple will announce on Wednesday Sep 12 😄

09-10-2012 12:04 PM
    The Nexus S 4G is the right size for me. Nothing wrong with the 4S' size, I just like the 4" screen of the Nexus S 4G.
    09-10-2012 12:11 PM
    I just want the new iphone to be thinner...n be called NOT as THE NEW IPHONE..they shud name it something else..

M quite comfortable with the current size..
    09-10-2012 12:33 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD