Ordered mine at 2:09AM CST. Got my confirmation e-mail a few minutes later. My first pre-order. Love the rush.
    09-14-2012 11:21 AM
    I have grandfathered unlimited data with Verizon... Verizon's Ordering Process (paying full retail) wont let me keep it. Should I go ahead now and fix it later?
    It let me keep it paying full retail price. The unlimited data was checked already when I ordered it.
    09-14-2012 11:23 AM
    I was planning on buying it outright so that I could keep my current plan; however, through the Apple Store app, I was given the option of paying $449 and keeping my plan. I was surprised.

My order status has changed to "Processing Items" and my card has already been charged. It arrives on the 21st.
    09-14-2012 11:46 AM
    I did my pre-order this morning, first in line at the AT&T store. Helps that I'm the store manager so I was there an hour before we opened for a conference call lol
    09-14-2012 11:53 AM
    I just checked the Apple Online Store and the AT&T Online Store and both of them are up and taking orders. Maybe the mad rush slowing down, or else they're finally getting their act together with the web servers...
    09-14-2012 12:32 PM
    Ordered a 32GB Black iPhone 5 through VZW...gave up my unlimited data, but the last six months I have averaged 800mb of data usage, so I'm not too worried about it.
    09-14-2012 12:53 PM
    My wife & I just received text message confirmations that our orders have been processed and we will be notified when our orders are shipped. w00t.
    09-14-2012 12:56 PM
    I actually set it up by getting a call from VZ. They called me at 10:15 or so Eastern. Ordered. Delivery date the 21st. I guess waiting until a normal hour worked for me! I am also calling her back to switch the line and activate when I get it to keep the unlimited on my line but of course not the line it trasnferred from, so to say, anyway, I got it covered.
    09-14-2012 02:12 PM
    Waited until 1AM Local time, got through to the apple site around 1:15.
    Was told that I may have to do a credit deposit, which is frustrating, because I didn't have to do it for the 4S or any other phone that I have gotten. (I also have exceptional credit score, why this would come up is beyond me)
    So I had to wait for the At&t site to go up. As soon as the phones went to two weeks on the Apple website I just went to bed. I still hadn't pre ordered a phone.
    Woke up 4 hours later and just finished my pre order about 20 minutes ago. At&t asked me nothing about credit deposits or anything like that. The pre order went smooth as silk.

I'm pretty frustrated as to why this happened on Apples site. I lost my chance to get the phone from day 1. My only other option would be to wait in line and considering I work on Fridays that isn't an option. Whatever. I'm going back to bed.

Got a 32GB Black.
    I had the same problem! I spent over an hour trying to get through both the Apple and the Sprint site. I finally got through at Apple and when I was trying to check out it told me that I had to do a deposit in the store and wouldn't let me buy it. I was soo mad! I had to spend another 30 minutes before everything went through on the Sprint site.
    09-14-2012 02:29 PM
    Is there any way to get a shipping estimate from AT&T without actually placing the order? I can't see it anywhere.

Edit: Reading online it's now 14-21 days for AT&T. Kind of shady they don't tell you that before you commit to ordering. Don't know why I'd expect anything more from them.

Guess I'll be standing in line!
    Last edited by kilcher; 09-14-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    09-14-2012 02:43 PM
    Got my black iPhone 5 ordered.
    09-14-2012 03:04 PM
    I set the alarm on my 4S to wake me up, but it didn't go off (and it wasn't set on silent and the ringer was on full), but I happened to wake up at 3:30 am CST. I'm on the "ship in two weeks" group to deliver on October 2nd. I guess that my 4S is jealous and doesn't want to leave me.
    09-14-2012 03:30 PM
    I set the alarm on my 4S to wake me up, but it didn't go off (and it wasn't set on silent and the ringer was on full), but I happened to wake up at 3:30 am CST. I'm on the "ship in two weeks" group to deliver on October 2nd. I guess that my 4S is jealous and doesn't want to leave me.
    Tech gadgets often misbehave when they sense that they are being replaced. And somehow, they always know.
    gern blanston likes this.
    09-14-2012 03:38 PM
    I tried to post here this morning, but it seemed to be still locked.

Sent:Fri Sep 14 07:37:04 UTC 2012
    Subject: Your Confirmation for AT&T Order #14069847835

Dear LIESELOTTE,
    Thank you for placing your order with AT&T.

Your iPhone 5 will be delivered on 9/21/12. All orders are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship. You can check your order status online anytime.

Your shipment may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes. Items in your cart will be held until all items in your order can be sent in one shipment. Next day or Saturday delivery not available in all areas. Delivery not available on Sunday.

Please note, your credit card will be charged at time of shipment. If using either a credit or debit card, funds in the amount of this purchase will be immediately held and not available for other use. Credit and debit card transactions will not appear in your account until time of shipment.

We appreciate your business. Here is a copy of your order summary:

Order Number: 14069847835

Type Description Monthly Price One Time Price
    Line 1 (LORI Hxxxxxxx 650######)
    Device Apple iPhone 5 - 16GB - Black $199.99
    Features DataPlus 300MB for iPhone on 4G LTE $20.00
    Not Eligible for Mail-In Rebate
    *Order Total $199.99

* Amount excludes taxes. Applicable sales taxes will be added to this total.
    You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship.

As soon as your device ships, we will send an email confirmation including a tracking number for your convenience. You can track your order online by entering your order number at https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status. (Status may not be available if your order was placed within the past 24 hours.)
    Last edited by johndhynes; 09-14-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    09-14-2012 03:50 PM
    Just got off the phone with the customer service rep for businesses at Rogers and ordered my 32GB iPhone5. Can't wait to get this because my works biggest supplier is taking us to palm springs for a week long meeting and this will be great to have with the nightly shenanigans.
    09-14-2012 04:12 PM
    Tried to pre order at best buy store. Would have to return the phone I'm using now since I'm within my 30 days just to pre order. I can't go without a phone for a week or more, so I might have to take my chances on the 21st with walking in and trying to get one at launch.
    09-14-2012 04:59 PM
    Got mine ordered a few minutes before midnight on the Verizon website. Black 16GB. Now next friday needs to get here!!!
    09-14-2012 05:08 PM
    So I ordered my iPhone 5 last night on Verizon Wireless website I got my confirmation email saying I would get everything shipped to me by the 21st so that was good, but the only problem is that nothing has been charged to my debit card yet. I normally get a text from Chase for large dollar amount purchases right after a transaction but got nothing. So I checked my account and no transaction has happened yet from them.

Anyone else order thru VZW's website and not get charged yet or know when we're gonna get charged?
    09-14-2012 05:53 PM
    They won't charge until they ship the phone.
    Beezzy likes this.
    09-14-2012 05:54 PM
    Ok thanks, makes sense. I was just worried.
    09-14-2012 05:54 PM
    lol! I remember last year there was a few people who weren't charged immediately who thought they were going to get a free iPhone. Those were some lulz!
    kch50428 likes this.
    09-14-2012 05:55 PM
    lol! I remember last year there was a few people who weren't charged immediately who thought they were going to get a free iPhone. Those were some lulz!
    Ha people always are like "I ordered right away and others have been charged before me WTF I beter get mine the same time blah blah blah lol"
    09-14-2012 06:07 PM
    when i preordered the iphone 4 i didnt get the comfirmation email until like 5 or 6 days after the preorder. i wasnt charged until 3 days after i got the phone...i havent recieved a confirmation email yet even though my order shows up on apples order status, and havent been charged yet, although i believe they usually dont charge until the phone ships.
    09-15-2012 02:04 AM
    Ordered mine at 12:20 am.. Got an email at 11am saying there was a billing error.. Cancelled the order because i couldn't figure out what the problem was.. Had an epiphany 8 hours later and re-ordered. So I got it but now i wait 3 weeks instead of the 21st.
    09-15-2012 04:29 AM
    Ordered mine at 12:20 am.. Got an email at 11am saying there was a billing error.. Cancelled the order because i couldn't figure out what the problem was.. Had an epiphany 8 hours later and re-ordered. So I got it but now i wait 3 weeks instead of the 21st.
    What was it that caused the billing error?
    09-15-2012 08:43 AM
128 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD