Spend for 1/2 Subsidy vs iPhone 5s?

rdbecker

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I don't dig the additional $250 if I want the new iPhone, but there's one thing that annoys me more than that and that's the continual "greed" complaint. It's lazy, it's overused, and it's becoming stereotypical of internet types who think they should get something for nothing and that companies shouldn't be in business to make money.

kpxstar9

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
She stated I could do it all in the store at the same time. Guess we will see if she knows what she is talking about.

Edit:

I just called back to confirm, and the guy on the phone told me to get an old phone (non smart phone) and put it on the old contract for talk only at $10/ month for the remaing 6 months of the contract. Swap the plans on the phones and cancel the other phone after the 6 months(end of old contract) . He stated that the old plan would move to the new phone and the UNLIMITED DATA WOULD STAY INTACT ON THE NEW PHONE!!!

This would cost me $60 to teriminate the old line (6 months @ $10/month) as opposed to $180 for the early termination fee.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the 2 reps you spoke to on the phones are idiots and gave you nothing but misinformation =(

What you said in your OP is correct. You can add a line (to get the discounted price) and disconnect your existing MTN (and pay the ETF) if you choose to do so. You, however, will not be able to migrate the unlimited data feature (if you have one) from your existing MTN to the new MTN that you add.

Secondly, if you do decide to cancel the original line of service, you will lose that number as well. The contract and the mobile number are tied together; cancel the contract, lose the line.

Third, you can activate a basic phone on the new line of service to avoid paying for the data package on the new line.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73