• Yes

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

Chex313

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 lines out of 3 available for upgrade. Though if the unlocked carrier free version is available from apple GSM I'll get that. Or get the full price At&t version. I like to change my phones as often as I like , so I'll do my best to stay out of contract. I'll stick with At&t as long as I have my 2 unlimited lines, but when they go ....I want to be prepared to leave also. So far I have made my money back when selling.

I am as interested as anyone to see what the new i5 provides, but the phone is for my kid. I'm pretty solid on my Galaxy Nexus right now. I like a big phone, for my old eyes.

Last edited:

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4 got stolen about a month ago. I went without a phone for a couple weeks then decided to add a line on the 27th of last month. If the iPhone 5 blows me away, I will be taking back my current phone and exchanging it. So I kind of have an upgrade.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Has to be... Everybody dropping $700.00 like its nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

or people just sell their old phones and then it's pretty much like getting it at upgrade price. If you are smart about it it's very easy to upgrade every year at full retail but really paying the same or maybe a little more than by signing a contract by selling your old phone.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I had a 3GS and skipped the 4, got the 4S in October last year when it came out. I'm waiting to see if it's worth an upgrade and probably will skip the 5 until AT&T can offer me some kind of upgrade pricing. Just not worth paying an arm and a leg. But I'm thinking about paying retail for the first time...will give me more flexibility. Or perhaps wait until it's out of contrat and request an unlock code.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I've been eligible since Nov. 2011 since I skipped the 4S. I"m WAY overdue for a new phone and can't wait for iPhone 5. I got my iPhone 4 on launch day so this is the longest I've EVER had the same phone. September 21 can't get here soon enough for me! :D

Last edited:

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been eligible since Nov. 2011 since I skipped the 4S. I"m WAY overdue for a new phone and can't wait for iPhone 5. I got my iPhone 4 on launch day so this is the longest I've EVER had the same phone. September 21 can't get here soon enough for me! :D

That's what I call discipline and patients. I couldn't skip the 4S

koolhand79

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
or people just sell their old phones and then it's pretty much like getting it at upgrade price. If you are smart about it it's very easy to upgrade every year at full retail but really paying the same or maybe a little more than by signing a contract by selling your old phone.

That's what I'm doing. I sold my 32gb 4S for $410 on Craig's list last night.... using my SGS3 until the 5 arrives.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

koolhand79

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing 16gb locked 4s going for $400.00 on average on CL

I had a hell of a time getting my $410 asking price. Everyone wanted to negotiate..... as long as I got at least $350 I was happy.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a hell of a time getting my $410 asking price. Everyone wanted to negotiate..... as long as I got at least $350 I was happy.

I bet on eBay it would have went for 500 easy so even after fees you would have got 450

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My next thread will be "what is the average household income of iMore members?". I think I already have a pretty good idea. Seems to be around 200k

It's all about priorities and money management. You don't have to make a lot to spend $700 on a phone. I know a lot of people that make more than me and I have nicer things than they do.

koolhand79

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I bet on eBay it would have went for 500 easy so even after fees you would have got 450

I thought about eBay, I've sold phones on there before. I gave Craig's list one day and it worked out, so I'm happy. As long as I got half the cost of the new iPhone I'm good.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought the white iPhone 4 when it came out in 2011, so I can't upgrade with the discount (Verizon) until January 1. Once that date comes, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm jumping to the iPhone 5. The only sad part - I'll finally have to give up my unlimited data plan. :(

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I actually have 2/3 lines out of contract right now. The plan is I get the 5 and pass on my 4s to hubby. Keep the third line out of contract ready for when the "5s" comes out. Basically I'm the only one who ever gets a new iPhone. The rest don't care so much. Lucky me! Oh and what's up with so many people losing unlimited plans with Verizon? I'd stage some sort of revolt! That's just wrong!

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It's all about priorities and money management. You don't have to make a lot to spend $700 on a phone. I know a lot of people that make more than me and I have nicer things than they do.

+1

Im going to have $600 to put towards my iPhone 5 just selling some of my stuff.

Beamed from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site

Absolutely true. Money management is key.

I'm planning on buying the iPhone 5 unlocked and then putting it on my current contract, seeing as my next upgrade will be in Oct of next year.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox