Does anyone else want a WIDER iPhone 5?

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I fully expected a redesign. Especially since the general public was demanding one since the 4S. IMO, these people just wanted to be distinguishable from people who had the 4. I don't think they were thinking about it in the way someone who frequents this forum would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I fully expected a redesign. Especially since the general public was demanding one since the 4S. IMO, these people just wanted to be distinguishable from people who had the 4. I don't think they were thinking about it in the way someone who frequents this forum would.

The phones are now unique enough to be able to tell between a 4S and the new device. To each their own I suppose. I'm looking forward to it.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
To each his own indeed. I have a feeling that this phone will feel like some Samsung android in my hand

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
To each his own indeed. I have a feeling that this phone will feel like some Samsung android in my hand

Quite the opposite. I think it feels much better than the 4S. Just as sturdy and with it being slimmer, all the better.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I know the fanboys will say to buy an Android product if you want a wider phone but that's not what I prefer. It will probably take another 4 years to get it but does anyone else want a WIDER phone- not just longer?

What makes you think apple will give you a wider phone in 4 years. LOL thats rubbish
If people keep buying the phone the way they are currently the iphone will never drastically change in design. Wait until 2020 for a truly revolutionary change.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
No. Just No. Unless Apple has some way of making the phone still being able to use the phone with one hand.
No. Just no.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
How is it such an absurd notion that apple would widen the phone when they've already lengthened it!

jbrandonf

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
No. Just No. Unless Apple has some way of making the phone still being able to use the phone with one hand.
No. Just no.

It has to be pretty damn wide to be unusable with one hand.. My One X is perfectly wide and I have small hands. I do have issues with reaching the top because of the length but the width makes for a better typing experience.

Roose00

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard as it stands now is too small. A taller phone wont help that much (other than perhaps a row of numbers, perhaps an autocorrect bar?), wider would be much more helpful for a better typing experience.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
It has to be pretty damn wide to be unusable with one hand.. My One X is perfectly wide and I have small hands. I do have issues with reaching the top because of the length but the width makes for a better typing experience.

Okay. Here's what I think. A few months ago I saw an iPhone concept that does not have any sides. I.e the screen covers the entire sides.
By removing the sides of iPhone it will definitely be wider for the screen while maintaining the actual size of the phone.
To me that would be perfection beyond perfection

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73