Does anyone else want a WIDER iPhone 5?

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
It's kind of bittersweet, while I was hoping for a 4" screen, I wanted it to keep the 3:2 aspect ratio, whenever I've wished for more screen space it's always been in width, not height. The statusbar could benefit from a little more width, so could the notification center, along with virtually every iPhone app. Just increasing the screen height will benefit us how exactly? Another row of static icons? I have never watched a movie on my phone and I doubt I ever will. That new Nokia phone makes the iPhone look horrible dated, where is the innovation?

sam00

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Seriously iphones have had the same size screen for 5 years and now Apple bringing out a stretched screen that looks out of proportion. What have you been doing for the past 2 years Apple, I expected so much more from Apple there just is no wow factor anymore.

Reactions: anon(279851)

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Seriously iphones have had the same size screen for 5 years and now Apple bringing out a stretched screen that looks out of proportion. What have you been doing for the past 2 years Apple, I expected so much more from Apple there just is no wow factor anymore.
I feel you are right. It seems that we have been receiving leaks about EVERYTHING. So much so that I don't know if there's anything else to be surprised about next week. We shall see.:confused:

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It's kind of bittersweet, while I was hoping for a 4" screen, I wanted it to keep the 3:2 aspect ratio, whenever I've wished for more screen space it's always been in width, not height. The statusbar could benefit from a little more width, so could the notification center, along with virtually every iPhone app. Just increasing the screen height will benefit us how exactly? Another row of static icons? I have never watched a movie on my phone and I doubt I ever will. That new Nokia phone makes the iPhone look horrible dated, where is the innovation?
Riiiiiiiight....

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

First off, you don't mess with success - Apple still sells a ton of phones, so lots of people like what they sell.

Secondly, there are are lots of other phones out there - even some with screen sizes approaching tablet-size... So no matter what Apple does or doesn't do, you are not locked in to any specific screen size. Just look around and find one that fits your needs.

RodneyJ725

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to see wider. I don't mind that it is longer, as long as it is wider too, thus maintaining the current screen ratio, just with more pixels horizontally and vertically.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

well then that is your fault, not Apple. obviously there are millions of users out there that do not mind it and that is who Apple needs to cater to

people need to learn to lower their expectations plain & simple

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I also don't understand why they are going longer with no width added to it. It just looks odd to me. Hopefully when they unveil it, the width will match the height. But according to the leaks, I won't hold my breathe.

gddoering

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wider. Or an option to increase the font size of everything including 3rd party apps. I get tired of always having to pull out my reading glasses to use the phone.

newsome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Wider... sorta

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that the screen actually *is* wider. Not by much, but (according to the leaks) they reduced the size of the bezel on either side so the phone will have a little more real estate on the left and right side.

Reactions: anon(279851)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that the screen actually *is* wider. Not by much, but (according to the leaks) they reduced the size of the bezel on either side so the phone will have a little more real estate on the left and right side.

That's because they are talking about the phone size not just the screen.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it would have allowed for more space for the keyboard and other things making it a little wider. But most likely we won't see that type of change for years. You will just have to be happy with the hot dog bun look for now.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Before everything was confirmed with the iPhone 5, I dreaded hearing that they would make it bigger. Being taller and the same width is just as disgusting as being taller and wider. I can't stand this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Before everything was confirmed with the iPhone 5, I dreaded hearing that they would make it bigger. Being taller and the same width is just as disgusting as being taller and wider. I can't stand this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn't think they would have kept the same size and design did you?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2