It's kind of bittersweet, while I was hoping for a 4" screen, I wanted it to keep the 3:2 aspect ratio, whenever I've wished for more screen space it's always been in width, not height. The statusbar could benefit from a little more width, so could the notification center, along with virtually every iPhone app. Just increasing the screen height will benefit us how exactly? Another row of static icons? I have never watched a movie on my phone and I doubt I ever will. That new Nokia phone makes the iPhone look horrible dated, where is the innovation?
    Riiiiiiiight....
    09-06-2012 08:21 AM
    Seriously iphones have had the same size screen for 5 years and now Apple bringing out a stretched screen that looks out of proportion. What have you been doing for the past 2 years Apple, I expected so much more from Apple there just is no wow factor anymore.
    First off, you don't mess with success - Apple still sells a ton of phones, so lots of people like what they sell.

Secondly, there are are lots of other phones out there - even some with screen sizes approaching tablet-size... So no matter what Apple does or doesn't do, you are not locked in to any specific screen size. Just look around and find one that fits your needs.
    09-06-2012 09:24 AM
    I'd like to see wider. I don't mind that it is longer, as long as it is wider too, thus maintaining the current screen ratio, just with more pixels horizontally and vertically.
    09-06-2012 10:18 AM
    Seriously iphones have had the same size screen for 5 years and now Apple bringing out a stretched screen that looks out of proportion. What have you been doing for the past 2 years Apple, I expected so much more from Apple there just is no wow factor anymore.
    well then that is your fault, not Apple. obviously there are millions of users out there that do not mind it and that is who Apple needs to cater to

people need to learn to lower their expectations plain & simple
    09-06-2012 10:35 AM
    I also don't understand why they are going longer with no width added to it. It just looks odd to me. Hopefully when they unveil it, the width will match the height. But according to the leaks, I won't hold my breathe.
    09-06-2012 10:53 AM
    Wider. Or an option to increase the font size of everything including 3rd party apps. I get tired of always having to pull out my reading glasses to use the phone.
    rustymini likes this.
    09-06-2012 11:13 AM
    Wider would be good.
    09-06-2012 11:19 AM
    I'm thinking the same.
    Everyone saying how horrible it will be will buy it and love it.
    09-06-2012 11:58 AM
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that the screen actually *is* wider. Not by much, but (according to the leaks) they reduced the size of the bezel on either side so the phone will have a little more real estate on the left and right side.
    offdahglass likes this.
    09-06-2012 12:26 PM
    Everyone saying how horrible it will be will buy it and love it.
    Just like they do EVERY...SINGLE...YEAR.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    09-06-2012 12:29 PM
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that the screen actually *is* wider. Not by much, but (according to the leaks) they reduced the size of the bezel on either side so the phone will have a little more real estate on the left and right side.
    That's because they are talking about the phone size not just the screen.
    09-06-2012 12:31 PM
    Just like they do EVERY...SINGLE...YEAR.
    Indeed.....
    09-06-2012 12:32 PM
    I think it would have allowed for more space for the keyboard and other things making it a little wider. But most likely we won't see that type of change for years. You will just have to be happy with the hot dog bun look for now.
    09-06-2012 02:46 PM
    Before everything was confirmed with the iPhone 5, I dreaded hearing that they would make it bigger. Being taller and the same width is just as disgusting as being taller and wider. I can't stand this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-06-2012 02:58 PM
    Before everything was confirmed with the iPhone 5, I dreaded hearing that they would make it bigger. Being taller and the same width is just as disgusting as being taller and wider. I can't stand this.

You didn't think they would have kept the same size and design did you?
    09-06-2012 04:59 PM
    I fully expected a redesign. Especially since the general public was demanding one since the 4S. IMO, these people just wanted to be distinguishable from people who had the 4. I don't think they were thinking about it in the way someone who frequents this forum would.

09-06-2012 05:03 PM
    I fully expected a redesign. Especially since the general public was demanding one since the 4S. IMO, these people just wanted to be distinguishable from people who had the 4. I don't think they were thinking about it in the way someone who frequents this forum would.

The phones are now unique enough to be able to tell between a 4S and the new device. To each their own I suppose. I'm looking forward to it.
    09-06-2012 05:10 PM
    To each his own indeed. I have a feeling that this phone will feel like some Samsung android in my hand

09-06-2012 05:12 PM
    To each his own indeed. I have a feeling that this phone will feel like some Samsung android in my hand

Quite the opposite. I think it feels much better than the 4S. Just as sturdy and with it being slimmer, all the better.
    09-06-2012 05:15 PM
    I know the fanboys will say to buy an Android product if you want a wider phone but that's not what I prefer. It will probably take another 4 years to get it but does anyone else want a WIDER phone- not just longer?
    What makes you think apple will give you a wider phone in 4 years. LOL thats rubbish
    If people keep buying the phone the way they are currently the iphone will never drastically change in design. Wait until 2020 for a truly revolutionary change.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    09-07-2012 05:27 PM
    No. Just No. Unless Apple has some way of making the phone still being able to use the phone with one hand.
    No. Just no.
    09-07-2012 09:30 PM
    How is it such an absurd notion that apple would widen the phone when they've already lengthened it!

09-07-2012 09:34 PM
    That was meant to be a question mark, not a '!'
    ... Maybe

09-07-2012 09:35 PM
    Quite the opposite. I think it feels much better than the 4S. Just as sturdy and with it being slimmer, all the better.
    Wait, you've held it?
    09-08-2012 07:20 PM
    Wait, you've held it?
    Was going to ask the same thing. Was a bit confused

09-08-2012 07:21 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD