It's called the iPhone 5

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
If you look at a shadow of a 1 and a 2 it wouldn't make a 5 I work in photoshop all the time and this was intentionally done no doubt

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
If you look at a shadow of a 1 and a 2 it wouldn't make a 5 I work in photoshop all the time and this was intentionally done no doubt

Well duh! you dont need to work with photoshop to know this. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

LMAO!

captain-obvious.jpg

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing 5 announcements. 1) the new iPhone 2) iPod nano 3) iPod touch 4) iOS 6 - reintroduction with all the features 5) ??? Pretty sure it won't be iPad mini. That's too big to announce along side the new iPhone. (my best guess) - some new iPhone accessory or maybe the new and improved Siri. Although could also be the 5 new features of the iPhone - bigger screen, lte, nfc, new doc connector, & ?? - like indestructible guerrilla glass or something we don't even know about.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing 5 announcements. 1) the new iPhone 2) iPod nano 3) iPod touch 4) iOS 6 - reintroduction with all the features 5) ??? Pretty sure it won't be iPad mini. That's too big to announce along side the new iPhone. (my best guess) - some new iPhone accessory or maybe the new and improved Siri. Although could also be the 5 new features of the iPhone - bigger screen, lte, nfc, new doc connector, & ?? - like indestructible guerrilla glass or something we don't even know about.

That's kind of my thinking. I still don't think it will be called iPhone 5. I think Apple threw us a curve ball.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That's kind of my thinking. I still don't think it will be called iPhone 5. I think Apple through us a curve ball.

I'm not sure what they will call the next iPhone... but using a numeric identifier makes sense for several reasons.

Apple currently sells 3 different models of iPhone... they have the "flagship" model that they sell for top dollar - currently that's the iPhone 4S. Then they have the phone that the carriers sell for $99 - currently the iPhone 4. Finally they have the "free with contract" iPhone - currently the 3GS. When the new iPhone comes out, the 3GS will go away and everything bumps down the ladder one step.

Using numeric identifiers is not nearly as important to the other products that Apple sells, because they only sell one version of each... this is true for the iPod (iPod Touch, Nano, Shuffle), the iPad (iPad and the soon to be announced Mini) and computers (15" MBP, 13" MBP, Retina MBP; 27" iMac, 21.5" iMac; Mac Mini). Sure, they sell different versions of each device, but each model is refreshed (or retired) with the entire product line... so there's no real reason to differentiate the current year models from the previous versions. Apple uses a relative identifier to mark the refresh timeframe (early 2012, mid-2010, etc). However, when the product line is refreshed, the older models are retired and no longer sold (after an initial "fire sale" effort).

So I firmly believe that the next iPhone will definitely carry some type of identifier to denote it's place in the hierarchy of iPhones...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
How about it's the release day 12/5 lol jk

Obvious it was done on purpose apple knows everyone is calling it the iPhone 5 doesn't mean that's what they are going to name it they just want they hype to go up
More hype more sales And they know people talk
I mean people refer to the new iPad as iPad 3 all the time but that's not the actual apple name for it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR