Release date delay speculation..

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm hearing a boat load of speculation about Samsung planning on coming at Apple's neck if the next generation device is released with LTE, from all the Android plucks at my company. In a perfect world I'd like to think this won't effect Apple in the least bit and that the release dates will go on as assumed, but in all reality, legally it could be a signifcant set back. Any opinions on the outcome of these rumors?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Samsung's LTE patents are mostly standard-essentail, and FRAND applies. Samsung can sue - but are they willing to place the bet that the only likely court they could win is in their own backyard?

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The Android camp is just irate because of the lawsuit and impending injunctions.

I would be more concerned about screen shortages than Samsung bringing on a lawsuit.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Samsung's LTE patents are mostly standard-essentail, and FRAND applies. Samsung can sue - but are they willing to place the bet that the only likely court they could win is in their own backyard?

At this point, I think it would be worth a shot to them. Especially after blatantly losing their most recent case involving the patents. I feel like Samsung is searching for any possible method to take a win.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Worry about Samsung retaliation in light of the LTE iPhone release should be taken with a grain of salt...it's already been explained pretty well above, and honestly, even with a legitimate attack from them, Apple is going to release the iPhone when they want.

Reactions: DaPhoneking

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm hearing a boat load of speculation about Samsung planning on coming at Apple's neck if the next generation device is released with LTE, from all the Android plucks at my company. In a perfect world I'd like to think this won't effect Apple in the least bit and that the release dates will go on as assumed, but in all reality, legally it could be a signifcant set back. Any opinions on the outcome of these rumors?

There will be no delay. Business as usual.

Reactions: anon(4698833)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner