I would like to participate in the new iPhone pre-order madness this year. However I'm not on any of the official iPhone carriers. Currently I use StraightTalk on my iPhone 4.

Does Apple typically allow customers to pre-order (off contract, full price, unsubsidized, unlocked) iPhones?

I live over one hundred miles from the nearest Apple store so ordering is a must. Also I dont care if the new iPhone doesn't work on StraightTalk, I just want one ASAP :P

But that makes me think of another question. If I did receive a new pre-ordered full price iPhone from Apple, would it come with a Nano-sim installed and if so, would that Nano-sim be enough to activate the iPhone so I could at least use the installed iOS on WiFi or take pictures Etc.? Remember I'm not a customer of any of the official iPhone carriers. I realize that my iPhone 4's StraightTalk Micro sim wont fit/work... (for now hehehe).

Thank you iMore nation
    Last edited by uslsbmx; 09-01-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    09-01-2012 01:28 PM
    You can buy them off contract although sometimes they do not offer unlocked right away, not sure how this year will be but I can see that they if not on launch will allow it shortly after.
    09-01-2012 09:05 PM
    Usually about a month later.
    09-02-2012 12:34 AM
    Usually about a month later.
    Yep...
    09-02-2012 12:51 AM
    If its not from a carrier I don't think it will have a sim installed
    09-02-2012 03:34 AM
    You can purchase off contract iPhones through the Apple online store even when you pre-order.
    In the past these were only available after about a month. The carriers had the first month to capture the early adopters.
    09-02-2012 06:33 AM
    You can purchase off contract iPhones through the Apple online store even when you pre-order.
    This is not true. As it's been said a dozen times, the unlocked iPhones have not (historically) been available during pre-order periods or for about a month after initial release.
    09-02-2012 12:01 PM
    *lucky to have an early iPhone upgrade* Apple really has ATT by the balls. I dont really have a upgrade, but for an iphone I can pay 450$ and renew my contract. I'm game!
    09-02-2012 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD