Im planning on buying the new iPhone for Verizon off contract. I already have a galaxy nexus, but if rumors are true the new iPhone will use a nano not micro sim. That means I'll have to get a new sim. If I preorder from apple, will the include the sim when they ship or should I just preorder from Verizon?
    08-30-2012 03:39 PM
    Did not know that verizon was going to start using sim cards in their iPhones... I know my 4 doesnt
    08-30-2012 03:45 PM
    Did not know that verizon was going to start using sim cards in their iPhones... I know my 4 doesnt
    LTE is GSM, so yes, it will use a SIM. They will be included inside the phone.
    08-30-2012 03:46 PM
    Any LTE device will have a SIM. Has to.

The OP will need to get a SIM from verizon if Apple can't deliver one at point of sale with the phone... my guess is Apple will have the SIMs for Verizon customers buying iPhones in Apple stores/online with Apple.
    08-30-2012 03:49 PM
    LTE is GSM, so yes, it will use a SIM. They will be included inside the phone.
    Is this what happens with gsm iPhone purchases? When I bought my nexus, Verizon shipped the sim with the phone, but not inside it. I'm more curious because I'm buying off contract (not about to loose my unlimited data).
    08-30-2012 03:50 PM
    Any LTE device will have a SIM. Has to.

The OP will need to get a SIM from verizon if Apple can't deliver one at point of sale with the phone... my guess is Apple will have the SIMs for Verizon customers buying iPhones in Apple stores/online with Apple.
    That's what I'm hoping. What I don't want is to have my phone delivered by apple and then have to drive to Verizon and wait in line for a new sim. I even purchased a nano to micro sim adapter so I can switch back and forth with the nexus.
    08-30-2012 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD