Pictures, notes and things like that are uploaded to the Cloud but what about everything else? Should I connect to iTunes the night before I get the new one so everything on my phone can be saved or can they swap everything over at the store? I doubt option 2 will be practical that day. The first day will be even more insanely busy that the stores usually are.
    08-29-2012 12:43 AM
    Don't ever...EVER rely on the store to transfer your information, as this can leave you with a bad experience. It's always the best idea to have your own back ups and stored information, I personally like to get my phone and do everything myself...but i also don't go to the store anymore on release day.
    08-29-2012 07:29 AM
    Plug into iTunes, backup, plug in new iPhone, restore. Or you can backup to iCloud and restore from there.
    Dennisgarcia likes this.
    08-29-2012 08:16 AM
    If you have any encrypted data on your iPhone, make sure you encrypt your iTunes backup as well, or your data will not restore to the new phone with the programs. If you have any apps that do separate/manual backups, take the time to do them properly. It will save you grief in the long run.
    08-29-2012 09:18 AM
    When getting a new iPhone is it better to restore or start from scratch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-30-2012 01:12 PM
    I always restore...i have too much stuff to start from scratch.
    08-30-2012 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD