Verizon iPhone 4 Upgrades

chogan4583

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I didn't see anything about this on the threads yet or any stories but I purchased the iPhone 4 when it first released on the Verizon network on February 9th, 2011. Verizon allows people to upgrade after completing 20 months of a 2 year contract and is telling me that I am not eligible for a discounted upgrade until October 8th.

I know there are a whole lot of Verizon users out there who are in the exact same boat. Does anyone have any ideas, thoughts or knowledge of how Verizon is going to handle this? Are current iPhone 4 users going to have to painfully wait a few weeks after launch to upgrade (and then at that point a few more weeks at least to get their phones) or will Verizon allow a slightly early upgrade?

I am just saying that in my opinion, it would go a long way for Verizon to just let iPhone 4 users upgrade 3 weeks early because then they get us locked into another 2 year contract and are able to get us on their new everything plans which makes them way more money.

Thanks!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You will have to wait or pay full price. They will sell enough and make enough that they don't care if you get upset having to wait a few extra weeks.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has not been lenient in sliding up an upgrade eligibility date in the past, and it's doubtful that will change. As mentioned, if you want the new iPhone on release day, it's full retail. And if you plan on keeping the unlimited data feature on your account, if you have it, you're looking at paying full retail anyway.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have some small hope that Verizon might move the dates up. The rep I spoke with said they would be willing to move the date if it was a month or less. On the other hand, I have experience dealing with Verizon, and have not seen them willing to be accommodating.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have some small hope that Verizon might move the dates up. The rep I spoke with said they would be willing to move the date if it was a month or less. On the other hand, I have experience dealing with Verizon, and have not seen them willing to be accommodating.

My friend has the iPhone 4 with Verizon and is due for an upgrade in the middle of October. Verizon is not budging on moving her date up. They told her she would have to wait as they won't do an upgrade any earlier for her. Her bill is also more than $100 a month with them, so I feel like they could be a little more accommodating in some cases.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

nano2909

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
They sometime move the date up on ur upgrade if its within a month or less but that all depends on who you speak to at customer service. Some can be nice some just dont care and wont help

eklenken

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
They sometime move the date up on ur upgrade if its within a month or less but that all depends on who you speak to at customer service. Some can be nice some just dont care and wont help

Back when the iPhone 4 was released they agreed to upgrade my wife's line because she was having problems with her blackberry. But I didn't know what phone she wanted so they said calm back when you know. When I called back they said there was no record of them agreeing to upgrade. That pissed me off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73