rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's a letdown for me just yet, but it definitely limits the effectiveness of Passbook in my mind

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
That's because that will be the selling feature of next year's iphone. You can't have everything in one model.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't really care about NFC I just want better battery life and LTE. Everything else is a bonus.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It's a bit of a letdown for me. There's nothing much to look forward to, at least not enough to get me to upgrade while I'm still on contract. LTE would be nice but I'm not even sure if and where it's available around here. Plus that means giving up my unlimited data. The larger screen will be nice but just having it longer seems odd, I'll have to see what I think.

If it''s not in this phone because of the (rumored) metal back I'm guessing it won't be in the next phone either since every other year we only see spec bumps and not a new phone/case/design.

I'm sure it'll be huge since everyone who got the 4 will now be eligible to get this phone. Just wish there was more to get excited about. For me, phones like the Galaxy SIII are really starting to close the gap.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon(279851)

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It's a bit of a letdown for me. There's nothing much to look forward to, at least not enough to get me to upgrade while I'm still on contract. LTE would be nice but I'm not even sure if and where it's available around here. Plus that means giving up my unlimited data. The larger screen will be nice but just having it longer seems odd, I'll have to see what I think.

If it''s not in this phone because of the (rumored) metal back I'm guessing it won't be in the next phone either since every other year we only see spec bumps and not a new phone/case/design.

I'm sure it'll be huge since everyone who got the 4 will now be eligible to get this phone. Just wish there was more to get excited about. For me, phones like the Galaxy SIII are really starting to close the gap.
I agree. A longer screen???? What is that about? All of this is because of one-hand use? I'd rather have a 4.3' screen instead and give up one-handed use. That would be great. NFC? eh....

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree. A longer screen???? What is that about? All of this is because of one-hand use? I'd rather have a 4.3' screen instead and give up one-handed use. That would be great. NFC? eh....

Then you must be ecstatic that you can happily go buy a Galaxy S III...right? It's a bigger screen on an iPhone, something I'm personally not all for but not completely against either...4.3" screen? You can keep it.

NFC is still not even a widely used tech yet, including in this iPhone would almost a BETA type scenario, and with that, who cares if it's not included.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care about NFC I just want better battery life and LTE. Everything else is a bonus.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

Same here. NFC means nothing to me and won't play a role of any kind in deciding whether or not I purchase the next iPhone.

Last edited:

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Wait...someone mentioned having to give up their unlimited data in order to pick up the new phone.is that just for early upgrade?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
It's hard to miss something i never wanted and the (next) iphone was never getting. But people are feeling let down? lol I share your pain. I always wanted to pay for junk at the store with my iphone. Unfortunately, that'll have to remain a fantasy.

forgot

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been hopeful on NFC ever since rumors starters their rounds last year. An NFC chip, and an accompanying API, would open up all kinds of possibilities. I know it's already on some Android devices, but whenever Apple brings it to their products, it will gain near instant worldwide adoption by default. If they make a big deal out of it, you can bet money that other companies will be climbing over each other to make payment systems that are "Made For iPhone".

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Wait...someone mentioned having to give up their unlimited data in order to pick up the new phone.is that just for early upgrade?

That's if you take a subsidized upgrade from VZW. If you pay full retail you don't have to worry about that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't know why you'd care about NFC, I've never seen one place to even use it, I have a debit card that works fine already, I'd rather Apple put more effort into things you can use everyday, like a next gen A6 quad core chip which would make everything on the phone blazing fast. NFC seems like Google+, I don't think it will catch on..

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I use NFC today to pay for parking in a shopping center car park, as well as for bridge tolls. I have not used it at McDonalds, but I would if it were on my phone.

If MasterCard pairs up with Apple and offers processing fee discounts to merchants, you can bet that NFC readers would become very common place.

Add finger print scan security to the transaction and you would me much more secure than even a physical card.

Coming in this next iPhone? Time will tell.

I believe NFC is coming. I'm not as sure about fingerprint scanning.

spcurtis81

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. Not keen on the limited benefits of a narrow screen. Make it bigger in both dimensions.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Frankly, it's not a big deal this time around, I think.
I've got NFC on my Skyrocket and my BB 9900. Not much opportunity to use it in my normal day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR